circle of fire and vol. nat. park in the same day? help

gardener

My husband really wants to know about volcanoes, I would like to book the helicopter ride,circle of fire and waterfalls, we could also(time wise) do the volcano nat. park but would have to do the park first and helicopter in afternoon, I have heard the clouds might be bad by afternoon and spoil the flight. What do you all think of this. If we can only do one, I would choose the helicopter flight. Thanks.

Carnival spirit,2001 Alaska RCC Adventure of the seas so. Caribbean 02/22/04

Celebrity Infinity, Hawaii 09/26/04

I'm confused - why can't you do the park in the afternoon? I would agree that the weather tends to be better in the AM so less chance of clouds. But many tours go up in the afternoon and don't have clouds as well so I don't think it's an absolute.

So preferably, helicopter tour in the AM, touring the park in the PM. If not, you can reverse it with a possible increase in risk of clouds for the tour.

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

I too am a little confused, why can you not do the heli ride in the a.m. and tour the park in the afternoon? We are on the Serenade and will be in Hilo in two weeks. We booked the "Circle of Fire" helicopter ride directly with Blue Hawaiian and then will pick up our rental car and head to the park. Granted, it will be a busy day, but it is possible.

Sorry for the confusion, I was going to book through Celebrity, they only offer the nat. park in the am. the last helicopter tour is at 2 pm. I was a little scared of not making the ship or not getting off in time for the first tour. I saw the helicopter tour through Blue Hawaii and that is what I was going to do origonaly but then I thought of squeezing in the national park.

Ah, that explains it. Then that limits your options. While I love the helicopter ride over the volcano, if you have to pick one or the other, I would actually pick touring the national park over the helicopter ride. You'll probably get more out of it, looking at everything.

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

I think you just solved the delima, I will book the nat park first and then the helicopter and if it is too cloudy"oh well" Thanks again, Jane

Archived