Mispelling on DOC

Cinderose

I have a small spelling problem. I picked my cruise docs up today for our Feb sailing from our TA and my daughters friends last name is misspelled. I know I gave the travel agent the correct spelling but that was when we first booked a year ago! I dont have the original email I sent to her. If I say anything to the TA shes going to put the blame back on me and I will have to pay the $50 to have this corrected no matter whos fault it is. I know this was NOT my error. Should we chance it and try and board with the misspelling hoping they dont notice it? And if they do can we pay the $50 at the pier to get it corrected? She will have he passport and DL there to show correct spelling. Last name is Milbyer and the Doc came with Milbeyer /with the extra e in it. Help dont know what to do. (did you notice Mispelled in the title was misspelled) May prove my point that it could get over looked.

I have a small spelling problem. I picked my cruise docs up today for our Feb sailing from our TA and my daughters friends last name is misspelled. I know I gave the travel agent the correct spelling but that was when we first booked a year ago! I dont have the original email I sent to her. If I say anything to the TA shes going to put the blame back on me and I will have to pay the $50 to have this corrected no matter whos fault it is. I know this was NOT my error. Should we chance it and try and board with the misspelling hoping they dont notice it? And if they do can we pay the $50 at the pier to get it corrected? She will have he passport and DL there to show correct spelling. Last name is Milbyer and the Doc came with Milbeyer /with the extra e in it. Help dont know what to do. (did you notice Mispelled in the title was misspelled) May prove my point that it could get over looked.

Do you have a copy of the original confirmation showing passengers names on it ? If so and it was correct there, then you have something to fight with. If it was incorrect on that document, it was your responsibility to have it corrected before final payment. You need to have this corrected BEFORE you get to the ship as they will not allow the corrections at that time. I have seen where it is a cruiseline error that was not caught and have called the cruiseline and got them to waive the change fee by talking nice and most of the time for a minimal change they agreed to correct it w/out fee.

The final payment email request from TA came and said my name and after that only said & girls. She never called them by their own names. Nothing to compare to. No confirmation paper.

That is odd.... I know I provide a confirmation with all passengers names for verification... that should have been provided to you. Call your TA and ask them to see if they can get this fixed as a courtesy to you. It's their job to assist if they want retrun bookings and referrals from you !

They won't think she's a terrorist, geez. :rolleyes: There have been lots of threads where it's happened numerous times, click on the links below. Most people got the issue resolved and sometimes with no charge. Happens all the time. Here are the links

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=155078&highlight=misspelled+documents

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=375449&highlight=misspelled+documents

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=133752&highlight=misspelled+documents

There are more links, but I think that's plenty. It will all work out, and when it does, enjoy your cruise!:)

We had the same problem when our granddaughter cruised with us last year. We called the TA and they corrected it in the system but did not reissue the docs. When we went to check in we just explained what happened and showed the birth certificate. There was no problem, we did not have to pay any fees. It was a misspelled name not a change of passenger.

Last cruise, our last name wound up with a capitol letter in the middle on our FunPass. I tried editing it , but, no soap! Called Carnival, they had our names spelled correctly on their records, and told us not to worry. So, either your TA or you could call Carnival to find out.

Archived