Will kids enjoy the Star Mexican Rivera??

tiffstulips

I think they would enjoy either one. The ports on a Caribbean cruise are a little more varied and if they like the beautiful water or may want to snorkel the Caribbean would be better. If they just want to cruise for the sake of cruising it makes no difference, go with the least expensive. The ports and the water on the Pacific side of our country are not nearly as impressive.

Nita

We had younger kids (6,2) on this trip and they had a good

time. The Mexican Riv. is convienient for us because we live

on the west coast. If I lived on the east coast I would pick

the caribbean over this in a second because we love snorkling.

The ship is great with fun pools and slides and nice layout.

As long as they are not into swimming in crystal clear water they

should enjoy it. The water in Cabo can be very clear.

HLP

I think they would enjoy either one. The ports on a Caribbean cruise are a little more varied and if they like the beautiful water or may want to snorkel the Caribbean would be better. If they just want to cruise for the sake of cruising it makes no difference, go with the least expensive. The ports and the water on the Pacific side of our country are not nearly as impressive.

Nita

Nita, I agree 100%. Snorkling is way better in the Caribbean than in the Mexican Riviera. The water is way warmer in Carib also. However, having said that - we cruised on the Star Spring Break 2007 with our then 11 1/2 DS. He had a really great time. We weren't on the ship 1/2 hour when he had already made a new friend he met in the game arcade. They hung out together the whole cruise.

In Acapulco, we did the "Shotover Boat" ride, and while at first he thought it would be cheezy, our DS was absolutely fascinated by the cliff divers.

In PV we spent the day at the Nikki Beach Restaurant. It was great! It's on the beach, or you can use the hotel's pool to swim in. We parasailed and rode wave runners. You just have to buy $25 worth of food and/or drink and you can spend the whole day there. They provide you with beach towels!

In Cabo we went on a snorkling, catamaran cruise. Hated the snorkling, loved the ride on the catamaran. Water was too cold & choppy.

Our family had a great time on the Star!

Nita, I agree 100%. Snorkling is way better in the Caribbean than in the Mexican Riviera. The water is way warmer in Carib also. However, having said that - we cruised on the Star Spring Break 2007 with our then 11 1/2 DS. He had a really great time. We weren't on the ship 1/2 hour when he had already made a new friend he met in the game arcade. They hung out together the whole cruise.

In Acapulco, we did the "Shotover Boat" ride, and while at first he thought it would be cheezy, our DS was absolutely fascinated by the cliff divers.

In PV we spent the day at the Nikki Beach Restaurant. It was great! It's on the beach, or you can use the hotel's pool to swim in. We parasailed and rode wave runners. You just have to buy $25 worth of food and/or drink and you can spend the whole day there. They provide you with beach towels!

In Cabo we went on a snorkling, catamaran cruise. Hated the snorkling, loved the ride on the catamaran. Water was too cold & choppy.

Our family had a great time on the Star!

I had a great time on the Star as well last fall but I do enjoy the water and islands better in the Caribbean. Maybe it is because I was raised in So Calif and to me the pacific ocean is the pacific ocean. I happen to feel the same way about Hawaii. There are some neat things about Mexico yet I enjoy the Caribbean better. Let's face it, give me a chance and I will cruise anywhere. We just got back last Sat from another Mexecan Riv cruise. If DH said let do it agian next month I would be packing right now. lol

Gidday Nita - you have been again already - you lucky thing.

We sailed on the Star last September with my 10 year old daughter she loved the trip. We did the Royal Dolphin swim in PV and she had a ball! There is lots of lovely beaches and kids usually love the beach. Kids Club is also great on the ship and keeps the kids amused so you get to relax as well!

While the Riviera was beautiful, it was a little cold in January. I was surprised as we had a hard time swimming in the ships pool much less in the ocean.

I think the carribean is so much warmer and you will have a better selection of things to do.

Have fun and any cruise is a great cruise!!!!!

While the Riviera was beautiful, it was a little cold in January. I was surprised as we had a hard time swimming in the ships pool much less in the ocean.

I think the carribean is so much warmer and you will have a better selection of things to do.

Have fun and any cruise is a great cruise!!!!!

It is warmer. I snorkeled, used the pool and the beach in Sept. In fact it was ungodly hot. Last week we were able to lay out a couple days but did not do the beach at all. The Pacific ocean is way too cold for me this time of the year.

Nita

Ha ha ha ha ha Cold is relative!! We were swimming in San Pedro the night before our cruise and I think everyone else in our hotel thought there were lunatics in the pool!! Our daughter is 9 - almost 10, and she LOVED the Star three weeks ago. She cried the last morning because we had to leave.

My advice is to sit down with your family and look at the itineraries and the excursions available. You don't have to book the ship's excursions, but they give you a really good idea of what kinds of activities are available in each port. Have your kids do a little internet research on the ports as well, and see which itinerary ends up being the most appealing. :)

Archived