Just curious (booking SA guarantee)

jmk22574

I'm getting ready to book an SA suite on the Oosterdam in September. I understand why a lot of people choose to book a guarantee versus a specific room. There's always the possibility of a one-category to multiple-category upgrade. Seeing that the SA cabins are all generally in the same area on the Rotterdam deck, what would be the benefit of booking an SA guarantee? I'm having a hard time choosing an SA cabin (as 6 are currently available) simply because they all seem to be decent locations. Might the one potential benefit be the very slim chance that you might get upgraded to a PS suite? Just curious. :)

Jill

Jill, is the Guarantee price reduced in any way? If it is not, I definitely would NOT. Now if there is a savings I might consider it. The likelyhood of getting upgraded to a PH is nil to slim. There would be absolutely no advantage in taking a Guarantee. Granted all locations in the SA area are good but you might as well chose which cabin you would like. If the Penthouse does not sell they do occasionally contact passengers in the SA and ask them if they would like to upgrade but this rarely happens.

Thanks for the replies. Believe me, I would be shocked to get upgraded to one of the two PS suites (these are both currently unavailable on this particular cruise). I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any other little perk of booking this category as a guarantee. Lisa - there is no difference in price between a specific SA cabin and a guarantee SA. I think I might book whichever available SA cabin is closest to the Neptune Lounge so I don't have to carry my hot tea so far down the hallway! :)

Jill

Archived