Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

Be sure to book your tour with Courtney ($25 P/P plus tips & entrance fees)you won't regret it. You'll be able to relax and have a great day with your family and friends and avoid the rush and congestion with a large group. Our group consisted of 6 adults - 50 to 60 years old.

You can contact Courtney at: courtney_tay@yahoo.com.

Web site: http://www.wix.com/courtneytay/jamaicajh.

Our first stop was Dunns River Falls ($15 entrance fee). We were able to beat the large crowds and the wait time was only 15 - 20 minutes. It was good exercise walking up the falls. The Falls are beautiful and there is a path along the river with several viewing platforms where you can take pictures if you don't wish to get wet.

They wait for you in the parking lot and watch your stuff.

Next he took us up the little island road through Fern Gully with stops to see wood carvers, native plants, and scenic vistas - beautiful scenery. Be sure to make the stop at the Spice Lady - very interesting.

Our next stop was Mahogany Beach. IMO it is not the best beach but there were facilities and food and there was no entrance fee.

Before returning to the ship we asked Courtney to make a quick shopping stop to get coffee and souvenirs. He was very accommodating.

We got back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. No problems!

Per Courtney's email, the restaurant he recommends (neighbor's) is "The Mohogany Beach Bar & Grill."

Thanks Diapo. My confirmation does not give the restaurant name, but its been added to my list of "Do Nots". We'll insist on Scotchies.

:)Daniel Thanks so much for your review;

I am thinking of booking Coutney for my cruise in November

This is what we would like to do;

1)climbing the Falls

2 Sight Seeing in the mountain,

3 Drive through the Fern Gully Tropical rain forest,

4 Authentic Jamaican restaurant on the ocean front, live music, dance and bar

6 Blue Hole Cliff Jumping

When you went did youd do the sightseeing in the mountain and drive through Fern Gully? Would we be able to do these within the time restraints?

Also my mother who is a fit 81 year old will be with us,

From what I know she will be able to enjoy the Falls minus the climb and I am not sure about the Blue Hole, will she be able to enjoy this minus the tarzan rope :)?

Also I am aware that the restaurent is not the best, so I will see about finding a good replacement.

Thank you I really appreciate your input and opinions.

Thanks

*****I was told $35 a per person and a minimum of 4 people. You paid $25 for the same tour??? Not sure what to say and makes me wonder about the credibility of these private tours!!

Be sure to book your tour with Courtney ($25 P/P plus tips & entrance fees)you won't regret it. You'll be able to relax and have a great day with your family and friends and avoid the rush and congestion with a large group. Our group consisted of 6 adults - 50 to 60 years old.

You can contact Courtney at: courtney_tay@yahoo.com.

Web site: http://www.wix.com/courtneytay/jamaicajh.

Our first stop was Dunns River Falls ($15 entrance fee). We were able to beat the large crowds and the wait time was only 15 - 20 minutes. It was good exercise walking up the falls. The Falls are beautiful and there is a path along the river with several viewing platforms where you can take pictures if you don't wish to get wet.

They wait for you in the parking lot and watch your stuff.

Next he took us up the little island road through Fern Gully with stops to see wood carvers, native plants, and scenic vistas - beautiful scenery. Be sure to make the stop at the Spice Lady - very interesting.

Our next stop was Mahogany Beach. IMO it is not the best beach but there were facilities and food and there was no entrance fee.

Before returning to the ship we asked Courtney to make a quick shopping stop to get coffee and souvenirs. He was very accommodating.

We got back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. No problems!

*****I was told $35 a per person and a minimum of 4 people. You paid $25 for the same tour??? Not sure what to say and makes me wonder about the credibility of these private

The price difference is attributed to the port I'd imagine. We were quoted the same price from Falmouth. OP was on Princess.....where does she dock?

:DWe just had the best darn time with Courtney..he couldn't of made my day in Jamaica any better.

We were the first wave off the ship and Courtney was waiting for us with rum punch fixings on board.

Our first stop was Dunns River Falls...YES WE BEAT THE CROWDS!!!!!! at least that's what happends when you hurry off the ship and go straight to the tour guide. We spent approximately 1.5 hours playing at the falls.

While we were driving to the Ocho area, Courtney educated all 6 adults about the island. Courtney is also a teacher so he shared much of his knowledge. The drive took only 50 minutes.

After the falls we went river tubing...we filled our sippy cups with cold beverages, hopped on the inter tubes and floated for an hour. The time flew way too fast.

Next was lunch at Margaritaville in Ocho Rios...we are parrot heads so this is where we wanted to go. We asked Coutney to join us for lunch. Afterwards we did a little shoppping for rum. The shops at Island Village Shopping Center were charging too much so Courtney took us to a locals liquor store. These prices fit our budget.

We returned to the ship 1.5 hour before sailing time...so basically we had an hour to look at the new port of Falmouth. We can't wait until it is completed. Jimmy Buffet is building a huge M'ville. The whole placa has a warm, cozy and historical feel.

When we go back to Jamaica and we are...we will be hiring Courtney again...Yeah Mon...everything is Irie....

Angela

:DWe just had the best darn time with Courtney..he couldn't of made my day in Jamaica any better.

We were the first wave off the ship and Courtney was waiting for us with rum punch fixings on board.

Our first stop was Dunns River Falls...YES WE BEAT THE CROWDS!!!!!! at least that's what happends when you hurry off the ship and go straight to the tour guide. We spent approximately 1.5 hours playing at the falls.

While we were driving to the Ocho area, Courtney educated all 6 adults about the island. Courtney is also a teacher so he shared much of his knowledge. The drive took only 50 minutes.

After the falls we went river tubing...we filled our sippy cups with cold beverages, hopped on the inter tubes and floated for an hour. The time flew way too fast.

Next was lunch at Margaritaville in Ocho Rios...we are parrot heads so this is where we wanted to go. We asked Coutney to join us for lunch. Afterwards we did a little shoppping for rum. The shops at Island Village Shopping Center were charging too much so Courtney took us to a locals liquor store. These prices fit our budget.

We returned to the ship 1.5 hour before sailing time...so basically we had an hour to look at the new port of Falmouth. We can't wait until it is completed. Jimmy Buffet is building a huge M'ville. The whole placa has a warm, cozy and historical feel.

When we go back to Jamaica and we are...we will be hiring Courtney again...Yeah Mon...everything is Irie....

Angela

Thanks for the review Angela, much appreciated! From your other post, I read that you told Courtney what drinks you wanted...was there a cost involved?

How was your experience at DRF & river tubing? How were the locals/"guides" at these places?

Diapo Travel-WE wanted red strip beer and Appleton Rum four our journey..Courtney charged us 35.00 for 6 beers, 6 cokes, the rum and 6 waters...divided by 3 couples made it very cheap.

Our experience at DRF and Tubing-Fantastic-we explained to Courtney that we didn't want to go through the Market place because we didn't have time. He directed us to another exit so we could by pass all of the vendors. During the river float we did pull off at one point so a few people could jump off of a platform to jump in. There were a couple of vendors with various items but none of us got out of the river.

At the end of the float there is a small vendor selling misc. items. With a very polite NO thank you..everything was fine. Courtney was waiting for us at the end of the float and once again we told him we didn't want to by anything. I think that is why we only had to say no once.

The guides at both places were great. At the Falls we had two whom were very careful and cautious with the group. At the end we tipped both of them a couple of dollars. The river guide was funny as all could get...he sang to us most of teh way down the river.

Angela

If you are planning to visit Ocho Rios Jamacia, we would strongly recommend going on tour with Courtney Taylor. We travel a lot and have taken many excursions. Courtney ranks at the top of our list for both value and experience. My husband had heard in advance of our cruise about Courtney Taylor Tours, so he went on-line and booked an all day private tour before we ever left for our cruise. I am sure glad he did because our tour and experience seemed to include so much more than the tours taken by other people we spoke to. My husband and Courtney had been communicating back and forth via e-mail and they had set the itinary for the day. My husband explained to Courtney what we would like to see and Courtney decided in which order and the time allowed for each stop.

When we docked in Ocho Rios, Courtney met us at the dock. He is young, nice looking, polite, very professional and punctual. My husband and Courtney had already planned our days schedule but I was unaware of anything because this trip was a complete surprise gift to me from my husband. While driving to our first destination, Courtney explained what was planned for the day, what we would be seeing and what to expect at each stop. Courtney was very accomidating. He took us to rent aqua socks for our first stop at Dunn Falls (aqua socks are a must at the falls). At Dunn Falls, we started at the beach and climbed up the warm waterfalls some 600 feet. The falls were AMAZING! One of the best experiences of my life. It was truely extraordinary.

We then drove for approximately one hour or more to get to 9 Mile, to visit the Bob Marley Memorial (Don't Worry,Be Happy). This was a long drive into the hills of Jamacia. The roads are very narrow and bumpy. I would normally be nervous and tense driving on roads like these but I felt very relaxed with Courtey's driving. On the way to 9 Mile, we discovered Courtney to be extremely intellegent with an outstanding knowledge of both the history and current events of Jamacia. He was able to articulate events in a way that made it come alive. He told us about growing up in Ocho Rios, his childhood, school and college days. We found him to be warm, humerous and engaging. There wasn't a question we asked that he was not able to answer. While driving to 9 Mile, it gave us the opportunity to view the surrounding territory, the landscape, local communities including farms, schools, homes, churches and cementaries. Everywhere we went, the people seemed to know Courtney and have great respect for him.

The last stop was a surprise from Courtney. He took us to a magnificent beach called Mahogany Beach for a delicious lunch consisting of Jerk Chicken, rice and Red Stripe Beer.The beach was clean and the water was warm. On our way back to the ship, Courtney made one last stop at a local store so we could pick up a pound of Jamacian coffee called Blue Mountain Coffee.

The entire day was perfect and full of learning, laughing and fun. We loved the experince so much that we plan on returning with our kids soon. When we go back, we plan on spending the day again with Courtney so our kids can have the same experiences. Thanks so much again Courtney, you are wonderful. Sharon & Rob

Diapo Travel-WE wanted red strip beer and Appleton Rum four our journey..Courtney charged us 35.00 for 6 beers, 6 cokes, the rum and 6 waters...divided by 3 couples made it very cheap.

Our experience at DRF and Tubing-Fantastic-we explained to Courtney that we didn't want to go through the Market place because we didn't have time. He directed us to another exit so we could by pass all of the vendors. During the river float we did pull off at one point so a few people could jump off of a platform to jump in. There were a couple of vendors with various items but none of us got out of the river.

At the end of the float there is a small vendor selling misc. items. With a very polite NO thank you..everything was fine. Courtney was waiting for us at the end of the float and once again we told him we didn't want to by anything. I think that is why we only had to say no once.

The guides at both places were great. At the Falls we had two whom were very careful and cautious with the group. At the end we tipped both of them a couple of dollars. The river guide was funny as all could get...he sang to us most of teh way down the river.

Angela

Sounds great! Thanks for the info and tips Angela. We should have nothing to worry about then. :)

I can see that the reviews for Courtney Taylor are very good. I have a family of 10 sailing on the Carnival Freedom and would like to use Courtney Taylor in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Can you tell me how to contact him to set up a reservation?

Thanks

Edited by dziadus

In reference to the Courtney Taylor tour. If 3 year old children do not do the Dunn's River Fall and ride with their parents in the tube at White River, do they still have to pay the per person rate or what is he cost for 3 year olds?

Thanks

Honestly a 3 year old wouldn't enjoy this day...the tour prices are per person..the falls for everyone cost $15.00 if you climb the falls or not becasue there is a beach area, snack shop and beverage bar that can be used....Have fun with your trip...we surely did...we can't wait to go back and see Courtney.

Angela

We figured that the 3 year olds would not do the Falls so we would watch them while the others did it. But for the water tubing, both 3 year olds enjoy the water but was wondering if they rode with their parents in the tub if they would have to pay full price.

Thanks for your comments.

Sounds like this might work great. How many other people will be with us? Also it is a set price of $45 per person correct? I see we will meet you at the dock approx 25 mins after we dock. We would like to climb the falls, sight see in the mountain, Fern Gully sounds amazing, the restaurant is right up our alley and dolphin cove is for sure a possibility I will have to speak with my husband one more time. But for those tours what time would you say we would return to the dock in Falmouth? Thanks again for your promote response and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

• 4 weeks later...

My mom and I were on the Oasis on the Seas in May 2011 and booked a tour with Courtney Taylor from the port of Falmouth.

Courtney was easy to book with and answered email inquiries almost immediately. He required no deposit and our tour for a full day was $35 per person, which was due upon the conclusion of the tour.

Courtney was waiting for us in the parking lot upon the ship's arrival. We drove to Ocho Rios and were given a great island tour. Courtney was very personable and shared many stories with us. He was happy to stop anywhere we wanted.

I would recommend that if you want a private tour that is away from the crowds, Courtney is the person to go with. He takes great pride in his job.

:)

I see alot of mention about Ocho Rios. We are docking in Montego Bay and would just like to sight see around that area. Does he do this. Can anyone recommend things for us to do in Montego Bay. My biggest fear is the ship leaving us.

• 2 weeks later...

A little late but this board has helped me so much in planning that I need to return the favor. We booked with Courtney Taylor from Falmouth in March of this year. We were a group of 14. Courtney answered all of my emails promptly and gave some great suggestions. Since we had ages ranging from 2 to 74 we split up. One group was dropped off at the Chukka zip lines and the other group went to look at the falls and do some shopping. We then picked up the zip lining group and we went and did some shopping and then headed back to the ship. The zip lines were great. They "fit us in" as we did not have any reservations but it worked out really well.

Courtney was very nice but I do have a few suggestions. Since we were a large group we had to all scrunch in his van which held about 9 comfortably. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have a larger van to carry us all in as he did know ahead of time how many would be coming. Also the AC wasn't working properly and with that many people sitting together it did get kind of hot.

Also Courtney informed us at the Zip Lines that he had to go to the dentist and another driver would be taking over. Again, I wish I had known ahead of time but it worked out fine and the new driver was awesome!! So in the end we did have a great trip! We loved Jamaica and never felt uncomfortable anywhere. Hope this helps anyone booking in the future.

My husband & I and our 2 sons just went on a cruise in June and docked in Montego Bay Jamaica. I am so glad I read about Courtney Taylor. I would never do it any other way. Our trip was fabulous because of him. He was always prompt to respond to my emails/texts with any questions I had. He was very reasonable and very informative. He also did not require payment up front. He only required payment at the end of your trip. He was waiting for us at the port when our ship docked. I loved that we did what we wanted to do and it was all so personal. Courtney drove us in his air conditioned mini-van and we went to Dunn's River Falls which was beautiful. (Be sure you take water shoes so you don't rent theirs & a waterproof camera) He had a contact there who went and purchased our tickets for us then guided us in and we went at our own pace. We were never hussled in with the crowds of people from the ship excursions. He also advised us where to exit so that we wouldn't be bombarded with all the vendors. It was perfect and the people there were wonderful to us.

We left our bags and personal belongings in his van and he is very trustworthy and took care of them.

From there we drove up a mountain to do the zip lines. It was beautiful there and again, there were not many people there. We always felt like we were on our own private tour. Courtney even rode the zip lines with us for the very first time!

We wanted to eat authentic Jamaican food and because of the rain & time restraints we did not get to go to the restaurant on the beach originally planned but we were not disappointed. Courtney took us to eat at Scotchies and it was delicious. You must try their breadfruit & festival. I had their pumpkin soup and it was made with chicken and the freshest vegetables.

Again, all in all thanks to Courtney Taylor our family had a fantastic time while in Jamaica. He will work with you and your excursions are personalized to what you and your family want to do.

Courtney Taylor Excursions Contact Info:

Phone: 876-475-1476

Email: courtney_tay@yahoo.com

Melissa H.

We were VERY happy with the service and tour. I would recommend these guys to anyone wanted to see Ocho Rios and the surrounding areas but are only have a short port of call. It worked perfect for our family. I will be referring this tour company to my clients visiting Jamacia as well. Thanks for everything!!!!