Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

We've booked a private tour for sept 5th and so far Courtney has been excellent, I will write a short review when we return.

We were also trying to put together our own tour on this very date... I will agree that he has been very prompt with emails. I was not able to get the amount of people required though for what we want to do. Can I ask what you are planning to do on your tour?

I'm assuming you're on the Freedom?

We were also trying to put together our own tour on this very date... I will agree that he has been very prompt with emails. I was not able to get the amount of people required though for what we want to do. Can I ask what you are planning to do on your tour?

We're there Sept 5 too - off Magic :)

Hi

We're doing

Dunns river

Scotches

Sight seeing on the coast

Margaritaville

Beach in ochos rios

Shopping

Other options we can decide on the day were

River Tubing

Zip line

Horse back riding

Would have liked to have gone to montego bay (don't know why, just always fancied it from being a kid) but Courtney advised it would be too far.

There are five of us,how many are in your party? Oh and yes we're on FOS. Where did you want to go?

Maria

Hi

We're doing

Dunns river

Scotches

Margaritaville

Beach in ochos rios

Shopping

River Tubing

Zip line

Horse back riding

Would have liked to have gone to montego bay (don't know why, just always fancied it from being a kid) but Courtney advised it would be too far.

There are five of us,how many are in your party? Oh and yes we're on FOS. Where did you want to go?

Maria

All that sounds really good, except that we aren't interested in doing Dunns Falls. We liked the River Tubing option better.

All that sounds really good, except that we aren't interested in doing Dunns Falls. We liked the River Tubing option better.

We're not that bothered about dunns river but our daughters BF hasn't done them yet so we're doing it for him. Are you doing the meet and greet? If so we may see you there :)

Are you using Courtney as well?? We are on the same cruise, Carnival Magic. I just e-mail them about putting something together. It is just me and my husband. Didnt know what you were interested in or if you wanted to combo

We booked with Courtney for our trip in October.

I asked for something laid back and off the beaten path and we are doing the following:

Recommended Tour

********* Great House $14

Rose Hall Great House $20

Visit an 250 years old church

Visit one of our famous Jerk Sauce Factory

Visit an old Town

Take a Trip in the mountains and community

Visit a beach $5, lunch and shopping

The Cost for this Tour is $30pp (private)

For all those that are curious about this tour guide company.....RELAX. We just returned from our cruise to Mo Bay and booked with Courtney. It was fantastic. Just as these boards mention...professional, timely, knowledgable, and reasonable with fees. Not to mention his personality was wonderful. We rode in a a nice and cool toyota ( i believe) van. It was myself, husband and 2 daughters. He took us horse back riding, lunch, sightseeing in MoBay and to the Great Hall. ( I honestly believe my kids could have skipped the great hall, But...thats not his fault. We said we wanted to go there.

I would say "Yes", people may be agressive in Mo Bay, but just say NO and keep walking. We had a great visit. We have gone to Mo Bay twice and went to Sunset Beach, which means get in a cab and go directly there. I felt like my kids did not learn anything about Jamaica by doing that, but this year they actually learned a lot and had a great time with Courtney.

Please give him a try you wont be sorry!!! :) Please ask if you have questions.

Are you using Courtney as well?? We are on the same cruise, Carnival Magic. I just e-mail them about putting something together. It is just me and my husband. Didnt know what you were interested in or if you wanted to combo

Tracer140 - what day will you be in Jamaica? We are scheduled for September 5th on Royal Caribbean. I didn't see your ship on the list for ships in port that day - your itinerary might be different than ours.

Hi

We're doing

Dunns river

Scotches

Margaritaville

Beach in ochos rios

Shopping

River Tubing

Zip line

Horse back riding

Maria

Maria - I have communicated with Courtney several times and at this point it looks like we aren't going to be able to do exactly what we want for only 2 people. Would you be open to including the 2 of us if I contact him and see what else we could do at DRF other than climbing them? I will understand if you just want it to be your family.

Maria - I have communicated with Courtney several times and at this point it looks like we aren't going to be able to do exactly what we want for only 2 people. Would you be open to including the 2 of us if I contact him and see what else we could do at DRF other than climbing them? I will understand if you just want it to be your family.

Hi Laura,

Sorry I've took a while to get back to you. I've talked to the family and we're just concerned that we can't swop and change our mind on our tour if we commit to sharing it. Courtney said we could swop and change on the day and we'd like to keep this flexibility and for this reason alone we'd like to stick to just the family, I hope understand. Maria :)

Hi Laura,

Sorry I've took a while to get back to you. I've talked to the family and we're just concerned that we can't swop and change our mind on our tour if we commit to sharing it. Courtney said we could swop and change on the day and we'd like to keep this flexibility and for this reason alone we'd like to stick to just the family, I hope understand. Maria :)

Maria,

no problem at all - totally understand.

Will look forward to meeting you on board!!

Hi

Has anyone had trouble communicating with Courtney lately. He usually is pretty prompt returning emails and he hasn't returned mine. Last week I know he was having trouble with his Internet. Just wondering if that is still the case

I called him on his phone number thats listed on his website. He picked right up and we had a pleasant phone conversation. Not sure about any internet problems since I called him directly.

He was having a problem with his email but he got back to me and I'm booked.

• 3 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I went to Montego Bay September 14-16 as a last minute trip. We had no idea what to expect because a lot of forums will have you believe Jamaica is full of pitfalls. I booked a tour through Courtney Taylor Tours based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. I had a billion questions and he was very gracious and responded to all of my emails in a timely manner. He picked me up from the hotel on time and we had great conversations during the ride to and from Ochos Rios. Courtney watches your stuff while you do the excursions to make sure they're safe. If you don't plan on buying anything from the places you visit I'd advise you not to keep your money visible or just say you lost your wallet. It worked for us. I would highly recommend Courney. Really nice guy, pretty quiet, but he had someone there to talk while he drove which only added to the experience. Every now and again he would hop in on the conversation. I never felt like I was being taken advantage of or being cheated and I'm a skeptical person by nature. His prices are extremely resonable, especially when you compare the price we were paying for taxis. BOOK HIM. IMMEDIATELY. I promise you wont regret it.

-Kwyn

P.S. He didn't say "yea mon", which absolutely makes me cringe. You'll hear it enough from other people. I promise. I know it's part of the culture, but it becomes a bit annoying after a while.

• 2 weeks later...
I also like Courtney Taylor. He was on-time, very polite, and friendly. Myself (female) and two teen daughters always felt safe, and enjoyed the tour.

I'm so glad to hear you say that about being safe.It's a family of 5 14-50,and we are going to zip lining and lunch we are leaving it up to him so happy to hear all these good commits.

My husband and I were in Mont Bay on Sept 5, and had a great time with Courtney & his staff.

We went with a large group to Doctor's Cave Beach (it wasn't too crowded, which was great - we were the only ship in Mont Bay) and the snorkeling was nice. Not spectacular, but it isn't known for being amazing, so I wasn't disappointed. The water was clear. We saw some interesting fish.

After the beach, Courtney himself and one of his other staff (I wish I could remember her name, she was lovely) took us to Scotchie's (the rest of the group went to Margaritaville). It was delicious - we didn't think we really liked Jamaican Jerk, but that's because we'd never had the real thing. Delicious! We had both the pork & chicken, as well as Festival (these scrumptious cornbread-like nuggets of yum, shaped like breadsticks). Courtney's associate ordered for us, and we felt safe the whole time we were in Jamaica.

If we are ever back in Jamaica, we'll definitely hope to go with Courtney & his crew again. We highly recommend them! :)

There were 4 of us (2 Couples) on Courtney's Tour last Wednesday from the Carnival Magic in Montego Bay. You really CANNOT go wrong with Courtney. He is born and raised in Ocho Rios and knows all about Jamaica. He answered Every Question we could come up with. He is on the soft spoken side so if you're seated in the rear of his Van you make have to ask him to speak up, but other than that, He's The Man! He selected one of his tours from his website and then he asked us what else did we wan to see and do while we were there. So we actually had a tailored tour with him. We also stopped at various stores and points of interest. Scotchie's was on our places to stop at eat. All I can say is YUUMMOOO! I had Jerk Pork and others had Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Festival. Festival is a fried Corn Bread made in the form of Breadsticks. The food was AWESOME! They also give you Jerk Seasoning for your meat. I'd love to be back there right now. He also watches your things if you leave them in the Van to make sure they are okay. He even watched our stuff while we were in the water at the Beach. He stays on a schedule so you get back to the ship with time to spare. Again, I just can't say enough about Courtney!

We used Courtney for our trip to Jamaica off the Allure last week. He was VERY accomodating, as well as the driver we had at first. We ended up meeting Courtney himself and he was super nice! I will definitely use him again when we go back to Jamaica!

We booked with Courtney for our trip in October.

I asked for something laid back and off the beaten path and we are doing the following:

Recommended Tour

********* Great House $14

Rose Hall Great House $20

Visit an 250 years old church

Visit one of our famous Jerk Sauce Factory

Visit an old Town

Take a Trip in the mountains and community

Visit a beach $5, lunch and shopping

The Cost for this Tour is $30pp (private)

How was this tour? My husband & I have done the standard tour sites a number of times & this sounded different.