Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

Here is Courtney's email: <courtney_tay@yahoo.com>

We used him last year in Falmouth and he was outstanding. Returning to the island next month for a land vacation and will be using him again!!!

I used the above e-mail and have exchanged several e-mails with him about our arrangements.

You can NOT go wrong with Courtney!

• 2 weeks later...

We got back from our cruise a couple of weeks ago and used Courtney Taylor in Jamaica...we loved it! Courtney himself was our driver and we had a nice, air conditioned van all to ourselves. He was waiting for us when we got off the ship and we were on the van within 5 minutes of talking to the transporter. The two girls in our group were pregnant and we also had a 4 year old so our activity selection was limited, but we had chosen the river tubing, beach, and lunch combo.

The river tubing was amazing and sooo private. Our guide was an entertainer and sang the whole way lol. But we literally did not see anyone along the whole river except when we stopped for a break and saw one other couple. It was very relaxing, and my husband enjoyed the beer :).

Courtney drove us to the beach...they take you to a more private beach, which is nice as there were no vendors. He asked us how long we wanted to stay and was there waiting when we were ready.

Then it was lunch at Scotchies! Delicious! We liked that Courtney was willing to talk about anything, from the touristy stuff to more personal things that made the tour better than just a generic one. They were great with our son and we always felt safe. One of the highlights of our trip!

Here is Courtney's email: <courtney_tay@yahoo.com>

We used him last year in Falmouth and he was outstanding. Returning to the island next month for a land vacation and will be using him again!!!

I used the above e-mail and have exchanged several e-mails with him about our arrangements.

You can NOT go wrong with Courtney!

I exchanged a few emails with him today and the address he used is:

ctaylorjamaica@gmail.com

He is VERY prompt at returning e-mails, in my experience so far.

Love Courtney!!! We used him in April and LOVED him! We tipped 20% of total charge. His prices saved us so much and to have a personal guide for the day, it was well worth it! Keep in mind, it's a little weird in the beginning, trying to find him just outside the port. But it's all good!

Hi again! We're going on FOS again this year, same time.

How did you find him in Falmouth? I don't like weirdness. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a back to back the last week of November 2013 on NCL Epic and the first week of December on NCL Pearl, and by far our favorite day was in Ocho Rios Jamaica. I prearranged our tour with Courtney on the internet and we had a wonderful day! We had already been to Dunns River Falls 3 times, so we visited the Irie Blue Hole and we were amazed at how beautiful it was and how hard the guides worked to make sure we had a great day! There were people there when we got there and they had children probably aged 6 to 16 and they had a wonderful time! Would love to take my 11 year old grandson here, he would absolutely love it! We are cruising with him later this year, but will be in Montego Bay and I think that is just too much of a drive to Ocho Rios. Working with Courtney again for that cruise as he also picks up in Montego Bay! Highly recommend Courtney Taylor Tours! :D

My family and I used Courtney Taylor last week for a trip from Falmouth to Dunn's River Falls along with some sightseeing. My son is 6 and my Mother-in-Law is in her 60's so we weren't exactly sure how long either of the two would last. Courtney was fantastic and very accommodating. On more than one occasion he said "You're the Boss" and did whatever we asked.

I've taken many private tours via many private operators throughout the Caribbean and I would rate Courtney near the top. Highly recommended.

-Nels

We had a lovely tour to the secret falls/blue hole this past week. We used Courtney Taylor tours. Our driver Errol took great care of us. When we got to the falls we had a guide there named Alex who was so good at leading us around. We did all of the options at the falls including jumping into the beautiful pools etc. Courtney Taylor's tour was extremely reasonably priced and we also paid the $15/admission each at the blue hole. We also tipped our driver and secret falls guide. It was our favorite excursion of the cruise on the Western Caribbean Norwegian Epic. I have to also give them credit because Courtney made arrangements to get a disposable camera returned to us on the ship which we accidentally left in the van when we were getting out! I had sent him an email after we got back on the ship thinking if they found it I could just get it sent to the US and would pay postage etc. It was really something when guest services left a message that they had our camera!!!:)

Hi,

I think Im convinced to take a Courtney Taylor tour but what are the good places to go with 2 boys aged 14 and 12? Looks like there's a lot of fun places to go but not sure how much time everything takes.

It sounds like you can stop one or many places. Any suggestions would be helpful. We'll be stopping in Falmouth and we'll be there from like 10-7

Thanks!

Stacy

With your boys, Irie Blue Hole,. Courtney's guides will take you.

You will feel safe with him.

Marvin (with Courtney Taylor tours) not only took care of us, my parents and our two young girls, he also held all of our cash so we could play in the water and immediately returned every penny. In addition to that, he also took our camera and played photographer for us. The guides did this as well. If I make it to Jamaica again, I would call this companyfor anything from tours to airport transfers. I really do highly recommend.

Debbie

• 3 weeks later...

Our experience with Courtenay Taylor was a bit mixed, we were a larger group and got divided into two groups, one group went with Courtenay and we were in the other group. Our guide was very hard to understand, more than once we had to ask him to turn down the music so we could hear him, we learned very little unless we asked him about it and even at that his knowledge was limited .... what we did learn is that most of the business were own by Indians and Chinese. I know that the folks that got to go with Courtenay faired much better....so be sure and ask for Courtenay.

Several years ago I booked with Peat Taylor. I enjoyed the tour, but was looking for a more personalized tour on our up coming trip. I contacted Orville Taylor and expressed what we wanted, a private tour for 4. He was very helpful and have booked us with his brother Courtney Taylor. I have not seen to much on the boards about Courtney, but would really appreciate some feedback from anyone who has toured with him. Thanks in advance for any help!

Rick

We used Courtney Taylor in Jan. 2014. He was great, and we got what ever we wanted. Try to get others on your roll call to join and the price goes down. You personalize it and ask others to go. We did and got a lower price and by chance, went in a mini van with just the four of us. The others went in other cars, but we all got the lower price. Go to Irie Blue Hole if you like adventure

\

• 4 weeks later...

We had a great time with our guide Courtney and he did a great job. He went above and beyond even taking us to a local market to get some fruit. I have actually forwarded your info to a friend of mine who is going on a cruise in a few weeks and will recommend your company to anyone else visiting Jamaica.

I went with some family members on a cruise to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I found Courtney Taylor Tours online and read great reviews. I hired them through email and requested Courtney personally. I had no trouble with the arrangements. The office handled everything smoothly. We paid for 4 adults and a child for the entire day and it was $125.00, very reasonable. They even suggested places to see that we did not know of. Courtney was waiting for us when we arrived and took us straight to Dunn’s River Falls, we gave him the money and he bought our passes for us. We had lunch at Scotchies for some awesome jerk chicken and pork, where he waited for us and then took us to a botanical garden then dropped us off at a beautiful little beach area where we swam and shopped. We had plenty of time to get back to the ship. The van was clean and air-conditioned. He is a delightful family man, very entertaining and very knowledgeable about the island. He was always ready when we were ready to leave a place. We all felt very safe and in capable hands. I definitely recommend his services and that of his company. He made our first visit to Jamaica something to remember.

• 2 weeks later...

If you asked me to describe Courtney Taylor, I honestly would not know whether to say he is family or friend! BUT I will tell you one thing, for my husband and I we are not officially in Jamaica until we have seen Courtney. His warm welcoming smile!

We originally used Courtney when we did a cruise stop in Falmouth Jamaica. We had hired Courtney for a private tour of various sights and then to the beach. We were greeted by Courtney as soon as we disembarked the ship. Right on time! Our tour was wonderful and his knowledge of Jamaica is outstanding. After sightseeing, we went to Dr Cove Beach for several hours. Courtney stayed the time there with us. He made sure that everything was fine and we were having a great time. I should point out that he also kept track of our time and told us when we needed to leave to ensure we were back in time to avoid missing our ship. It was an outstanding day and we owed it to Courtney.

This past February, we used Courtney to transport us from the airport to the Royalton White Sands Resort. What a great feeling to step through customs to see Courtney’s smiling face and hear his warm welcoming words. We knew we were on our way to a great week in Jamaica. Unfortunately, seven days later, Courtney would pick us up to transports us back to the airport for our flight home and once again Courtney arrived early. Our sad trip to the airport past quickly, as we chatted the whole ride to the airport wonderful time we had. Courtney told us he would see us next February and indeed he will!

For anyone that is looking for a great time with a very sincere and honest person Courtney is your go to man. You would NOT be disappointed. I am counting the days till next February!:D

• 3 weeks later...

The Blue Hole is awesome. Once you arrive there are several agile young men to help you up the falls. One person in our party didn't have water shoes, and the guide just fetched some for her without even asking.

At the Blue Hole there are lots of guides, but Courtney sorts the best guides at the Blue Hole. We had Jarrel (I think that was his name). And he was just a bit better than the other ones (they were all good to be fair). But ours knew where the awesome photo ops were, ours took us to the cave behind the waterfalls, where as the others didn't.

We spend quite awhile there, and didn't have much time for anything else as it was nearly a 2 hour drive from Falmouth...Definitely a great trip from Ochos Rios, don't know that I would do it again from Falmouth, having said that, don't know I have the need to have a Falmouth port of call again either as the things that interest me are nearer to Ochos Rios. And having said all that, the Blue Hole is not to be missed, so glad I went, just disappointing we couldn't really do another activity that day due to the driving distance from Falmouth. I thought all that was worth mentioning as there are enough ships that use Falmouth as a port of call.

PS we took school supplies to Jamaica, and Courtney took us to a school in need of school supplies. If you can manage to bring composition books or learning aides, every little bit helps. Leaving the ship, they told us we should report to customs, but actually there was no one there, couldn't find anyone either, so we just walked off the ship with about 150 pounds of school supplies. Even if your donation is smallish, it is helpful, we all benefit when the education level can be increased.

Visited http://www.courtneytaylortours.com/ April 2014

The Blue Hole is awesome. Once you arrive there are several agile young men to help you up the falls. One person in our party didn't have water shoes, and the guide just fetched some for her without even asking.

At the Blue Hole there are lots of guides, but Courtney sorts the best guides at the Blue Hole. We had Jarrel (I think that was his name). And he was just a bit better than the other ones (they were all good to be fair). But ours knew where the awesome photo ops were, ours took us to the cave behind the waterfalls, where as the others didn't.

We spend quite awhile there, and didn't have much time for anything else as it was nearly a 2 hour drive from Falmouth...Definitely a great trip from Ochos Rios, don't know that I would do it again from Falmouth, having said that, don't know I have the need to have a Falmouth port of call again either as the things that interest me are nearer to Ochos Rios. And having said all that, the Blue Hole is not to be missed, so glad I went, just disappointing we couldn't really do another activity that day due to the driving distance from Falmouth. I thought all that was worth mentioning as there are enough ships that use Falmouth as a port of call.

PS we took school supplies to Jamaica, and Courtney took us to a school in need of school supplies. If you can manage to bring composition books or learning aides, every little bit helps. Leaving the ship, they told us we should report to customs, but actually there was no one there, couldn't find anyone either, so we just walked off the ship with about 150 pounds of school supplies. Even if your donation is smallish, it is helpful, we all benefit when the education level can be increased.

Visited http://www.courtneytaylortours.com/ April 2014

That is a great idea bringing school supplies! I am a teacher and I am definitely going to do this!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

We just returned from our Freedom of the Seas cruise and used Courtney Taylor for a CUSTOM tour from Falmouth. There were 4 of us, all adults, and we went to the Blue Hole, River Tubing, Beach stop (Bamblu Blu) and a jerk lunch at the famous Scotchies. Courtney was our guide and this was one of the best excursions we have done. He was so friendly, made you feel like family, knowledgeable of his country, and on time! Easy to find off the ship and away we went. We have even ask for a cooler with specific beverages and he had them on ice waiting for us.

We even got to meet Samantha, who does his administrative bookings as well as a guide herself and she was awesome!

You cant go wrong with Courtney Taylor tours in Falmouth and very reasonably priced!

Any questions just email me at fsufsudave@aol.com

We used Courtney Taylor just last week to go to the Blue Hole and for lunch. We did not have Courtney as our guide and was a tad disappointed in that since I've read such great things. But it was a great day. The Blue Hole is beyond amazing! So glad we went there. We had Samantha along on our tour and she was nothing but nice and pleasant. Definitely would recommend this company!

Hi! We just got off the Breeze.:( We used Courtney Taylor for our excursions in Jamaica and could not be anymore pleased with our trips to the Blue Hole, river rafting and lunch at Scotchies. We were quite a mixed party with two 60 year old one with rods in the back, a 35 year old Down syndrome son ,daughter and son in law 30 somethings and their 2 and four year old boys, so we didn't know what to expect. We had crazy Dean as our guide and he made sure that we got the best of all guides at each stop. They took extra care of the kids and said that they were the youngest to ever do the Blue Hole. Yes both boys took the leap with a guide and loved it. They carried them both up the side of the waterfall and still were able to assist us up the hill and encouraged all of us to jump, which we did and it was quite the rush:eek:, after 4 jumps we were ready to move on to our river tubing. We had 2 guides ( Orlando and George ) who kept us safely away from the rocks and banks and sang to us all the way. After all of this activity we were off to Scotchies,:rolleyes: a stop not to be missed great Jerk,peas, rice and festivals and some Red Stripes. We invited Dean to eat with us and enjoyed his company and conversation. So if your looking for a company that goes above and beyond look no further than Courtney Taylor. He's the bomb!!!

Hi! We just got off the Breeze.:( We used Courtney Taylor for our excursions in Jamaica and could not be anymore pleased with our trips to the Blue Hole, river rafting and lunch at Scotchies. We were quite a mixed party with two 60 year old one with rods in the back, a 35 year old Down syndrome son ,daughter and son in law 30 somethings and their 2 and four year old boys, so we didn't know what to expect. We had crazy Dean as our guide and he made sure that we got the best of all guides at each stop. They took extra care of the kids and said that they were the youngest to ever do the Blue Hole. Yes both boys took the leap with a guide and loved it. They carried them both up the side of the waterfall and still were able to assist us up the hill and encouraged all of us to jump, which we did and it was quite the rush:eek:, after 4 jumps we were ready to move on to our river tubing. We had 2 guides ( Orlando and George ) who kept us safely away from the rocks and banks and sang to us all the way. After all of this activity we were off to Scotchies,:rolleyes: a stop not to be missed great Jerk,peas, rice and festivals and some Red Stripes. We invited Dean to eat with us and enjoyed his company and conversation. So if your looking for a company that goes above and beyond look no further than Courtney Taylor. He's the bomb!!!

Thanks for the review! We will also have a 4 and 2 year old so it's nice knowing others took them on excursions. Thank you for your review

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We wanted to make the most of our stop in Ocho Rios on the Carnival Glory. I read lots of reviews on tours and Courtney Taylors reviews were all so good, we decided to book with him. Very glad we did! I like to book tours where we have a little more say in where we go and what we do, and appreciate that personal touch. Sent emails to Courtney's web site and got fast response answering all my questions. Set up just the tour we wanted at a good price! When Courtney picked us up at the port, he greeted us big smiles and welcomed us to Jamaica! We went to Dunns Falls, and it was such a great touch having a place to leave our belongings where we knew they were safe and knowing when we were done we could head for our next stop without wasting any time waiting on driver and others to be ready! Next we headed for The Blue Hole. Had a wonderful time there as well, and worked up an appetite so off to Scotchies for lunch. They did not disappoint! Great food, great prices, and a cool spot to stop. After lunch with the rains coming, we headed for some shopping. We spotted a Harley store and Courtney made his way back for us, then on to some local shop for some Rum! We were back in good time for the ship and had a most wonderful day. Courtney was entertaining and gave us insight into his island home. This was a fantastic day in Ocho Rios, we did all we wanted to do and it was a fun day thanks to Courtney Taylor tours, now book your tour before he is all booked up.:D

Can you provide contact info for Courtney. We would love to do an island tour + Dunn River Falls. Thanks on advance.

Ocho Rios was another short day in port.

We prebooked a private tour of Ocho Rios with Courtney For 20 dollars per person .

Be sure to book your tour with Courtney, you won't regret it. Then you can relax and have a great day with your family and avoid the rush and congestion with a large group.

They wait for you in the parking lot and watch your stuff.

Jamaica is a beautiful island everyone recommends that you take the formal tours rather than head off on your own. We took a tour that went to the downtown, to a beautiful nature park, and then to Dunns River Falls. Be forewarned that the climb up the falls is pretty strenuous and can be dangerous. We saw several people with large bruises and scrapes from falls in the river. On the other hand, almost everyone made it all the way to the top. The Falls are beautiful and there is a path along the river with several viewing platforms where you can take pictures without getting wet.

Next he took up the little island road through Fern Gully with stops to see Jack in the Woods, wood carvers, native plants, and scenic vistas - beautiful. Our next stop was a quick shopping stop before heading to a restraint overlooking the ocean on a cliff for some Red Stripe beer and jerked chicken. Then back to Island Village and a stop at Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville before leaving beautiful Jamaica.