Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

We had a group of 9 that went from Ocho Rios to Dunn's and Irie Blue Hole. He charged $25 for the adults. If you only have a couple of people, I would imagine it costing more. Be sure to get your price up front and bring your email. The price he gave in the email was less than our driver tried to collect. They honored the email price. I do not believe him to be dishonest, just really busy.

This is what I got for a quote:

River Tubing and Zip Line Combo $89 Adults and $63 Kids at Chukka Cove

Blue Hole $15 Adults and $10 Kids

Transportation $35pp ( Discounted)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

This is what I got for a quote:

River Tubing and Zip Line Combo $89 Adults and $63 Kids at Chukka Cove

Blue Hole $15 Adults and $10 Kids

Transportation $35pp ( Discounted)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

That's what I got too

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 weeks later...
I received an email from them!! woohoo.

I got a price quote, but there was also a transportation fee of $35 per person, does that seem right? Is that what others have been charged as well?

Hi there, we (Family of 4: Mom, Pops, 18 & 21 kids) were in Jamaica late July this year and dealt with Courtney's outfit. Transportation was probably around that, but the driver (Dean) pick us up at the Iberostar on time, took us everywhere we wanted for the entire day (10am or so until 6pm). While driving us around, he was courteous, plaisant, respectful, explained the customs of the island, the folks, the history and even recommended a local lunch place. Dean looked after our belongings while we stopped for snorkeling. I'dd say it was well worth it.

Overall, the tour with Courtney Taylor is an 9/10, I am sure there something else they could have done for us, but I cannot point my finger on it at this minute.

Strange thing, they are probably small, unknown and it seems there is an element of risk here, but I would not hesitate to recommend this outfit. In fact we have done this sort of outings during other vacation and have found the local guides to be a consistent source of great service and value for the cost.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the 8/31/13 Oasis cruise.

We used Courtney Taylor tours and had Courtney as our guide. Nice, clean vans with AC! whew! When asking questions online about tours, prices,etc.., he had such patience and had all of the answers! He was very sweet in his emails and thorough!

When we met him for the tour, he was very polite and courteous. He dressed well and had a great smile! My husband was in a wheelchair as he hurt himself (he waits until we go on the largest ship in the world to hurt himself!)

and he helped him as much as he could as he could see he was in pain.

During our trip to the falls, he gave us a tour of Jamaica and educated us on the culture, language and history..very educational! Yeah Mon!

I felt totally safe and taken care of, he made our experience wonderful! I would use him again if we go back to Jamaica! Loved it and thought it was a place to visit!

We were on the 8/31/13 Oasis cruise.

We used Courtney Taylor tours and had Courtney as our guide. Nice, clean vans with AC! whew! When asking questions online about tours, prices,etc.., he had such patience and had all of the answers! He was very sweet in his emails and thorough!

When we met him for the tour, he was very polite and courteous. He dressed well and had a great smile! My husband was in a wheelchair as he hurt himself (he waits until we go on the largest ship in the world to hurt himself!)

and he helped him as much as he could as he could see he was in pain.

During our trip to the falls, he gave us a tour of Jamaica and educated us on the culture, language and history..very educational! Yeah Mon!

I felt totally safe and taken care of, he made our experience wonderful! I would use him again if we go back to Jamaica! Loved it and thought it was a place to visit!

So glad to hear this as my DH and I have booked him for our upcoming cruise (Oct 2013) when we arrive in Falmouth!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Jamaica on the Freedom and can't say enough good things about Courtney Taylor. We did Dunns River falls then the Blue Hole. Had previously not really enjoyed Jamaica in previous trips but this was a whole new experience. It was my wife and I and and 8 and 9 year old and always felt safe and really enjoyed ourselves. Can't say enough kind things about Courtney.!!!!

Just got back from Jamaica on the Freedom and can't say enough good things about Courtney Taylor. We did Dunns River falls then the Blue Hole. Had previously not really enjoyed Jamaica in previous trips but this was a whole new experience. It was my wife and I and and 8 and 9 year old and always felt safe and really enjoyed ourselves. Can't say enough kind things about Courtney.!!!!

Or you could say it was a "Hole new experience" ...

We're doing this exact same excursion next week and can hardly wait! :)

Can you tell me how much you tipped the workers at the Blue Hole?

Thanks!

Or you could say it was a "Hole new experience" ...

We're doing this exact same excursion next week and can hardly wait! :)

Can you tell me how much you tipped the workers at the Blue Hole?

Thanks!

I believe we gave them both $15 and they seemed please. What they will do is get your group and 2 of them will assist your party. One will be up top and the other will be in the water waiting to assist if needed. They were really good especially with the kids.

• 4 weeks later...

We got back from Carnival Freedom and used Courtney Taylor on Oct. 17th for a tour. It was myself (Mom), and my 3 kids ages 19, 18, and 16. We went to Dunn's River Falls and Irie Blue Hole. We had lunch and also a quick stop at a shop.

The tour was awesome! Our driver, Dean, was also awesome! He answered and and all questions that the kids had and pointed out things as we were driving and told us about his country. We got to Dunn's Falls and he dropped us in the parking lot. He watched over all of our belongings while we did the Falls. We chose to NOT use a guide at the falls as we didn't want to hold hands. Dean gave us advice like which side to climb up and to stay away from the slippery black rocks. When we were done, another driver called him and soon he was there to pick us up.

Next, we went to Irie Blue Hole. This place was about 20 minutes away and the road was very uneven and bumpy and narrow. When we got there we had to climb down some steep stairs. Unfortunately I twisted my ankle somehow and fell...just on that step, thankfully not all the way down. My ankle swelled up pretty bad and Dean was right there, along with my 2 teenage sons, helping me. I was unable to enjoy Blue Hole and the water, but I made the kids do it anyway. I say I made them because they were worried about me and wanted to take me back to the ship but I insisted it was better for me to rest with my foot up and let them enjoy the area.

Dean was wonderful and although there was no ice there, a couple of the Blue Hole guides went and got ice and an ace bandage while Dean held a cold orange juice carton on my ankle. (it was all they had!). When the ice arrived, he held that and the swelling went down quite a bit and he wrapped it for me. He knew I was disappointed that I didn't get to experience Blue Hole and see the kids having fun so he helped me hobble to a couple of points where I could see the kids.

The guides helped the kids and took my waterproof camera with them and took a bunch of really nice pictures. Although I didn't get to see most of the area, I was very glad to have pictures.

The kids said this was the best part of their trip. Next we went to lunch at a local place. The food was good but it took a LONG time to get it. It took so long I was afraid we wouldn't get to shop at all but we managed a quick 10 minute stop in a local shop so the kids could pick up a couple of things.

The only thing I didn't like was that we were told to get off the ship as soon as we could...we got off at 7:30am and were waiting at 7:45. We had to wait a good 30-40 minutes before anyone came to pick us up. I think that was a waste of time and time we could have used in the afternoon when we ran out of time...literally.

Having said that, I would definitely use Courtney Taylor tours again. Our drive, Dean was awesome in every way...especially when I got hurt. He was concerned and went out of his way to help me and help me still have an enjoyable time.

I had a paypal deposit of $26.00 for 4 people. That works out to be $6.50 each. I am not sure what is normal...maybe it depends on the total cost of the tour and how many people you are bringing. I don't think I would worry about it. I copied all the emails I had received including my paypal deposit so I knew exactly how much I owed. I would make sure to have copies of the prices you were quoted and any deposits made in case there is any confusion with your driver as to how much you owe.

I found two websites - one lists the following tour one doesn't.

How can I contact them other than phone? I put the following in a message on the website, but not sure it went through.

TIA

We are interested in a catamaran, dunns river falls snorkel tour for 2 adult and 2 kids age 8 and 10

We are on the Carnival Freedom February 20th 2014

Peace

Barb

I found two websites - one lists the following tour one doesn't.

How can I contact them other than phone? I put the following in a message on the website, but not sure it went through.

TIA

We are interested in a catamaran, dunns river falls snorkel tour for 2 adult and 2 kids age 8 and 10

We are on the Carnival Freedom February 20th 2014

Peace

Barb

This is the website I used....http://courtneytay.wix.com/jamaicajh

I sent an email and he got back to me within a couple of days. Not sure which website you used. The catamaran looks like it might be new? I think some stuff depends on where you dock so maybe everything isn't available. I clicked on the catamaran icon and nothing happened so maybe the website hasn't been updated.

If you don't hear anything within a few days maybe try the website link again.

• 1 month later...

Went to Ocho Rios in Dec while on Carnival Victory with my Fiancee, best friend and his girlfriend. I booked Courtney Taylor Tours. Wow!!:D Am I glad I did!! After researching:eek: several sites on tour companies and reading several reviews from various sites, I decided to go with Courtney Taylor. From the nice office girl :)that called me to answer any questions I had...to Courtney who greeted us at the port who was so nice and funny and very passionate about his business and making sure us customers were happy and being take care of...to Dean, :Dour wonderful and very informative guide who I felt had become a good friend of ours by the time our day was over with him. Thank you so much Courtney and friends and especially Dean and Tony!! We definitely will be coming back next year!

Cheers from the Cold Windy City,

Steve and Demetra

We arrived at Falmouth on the Oasis of the Seas on Christmas Eve. What a perfect day to travel with our wonderful driver Errol from Courtney Taylor tours through town to Montego Bay to Doctors Cove Beach. Errol was extremely knowledgable and gave us a great tour filled with interesting facts and a lot of humor too! He was prompt and came back and picked us up right on schedule on both ends. I highly recommend this company - they will make sure you have an excellent experience! :)

We also took one of Courtney Taylor tours and would highly recommend it! With Courtney as our actual tour guide we had an wonderful time in Ocho Rios.

Courtney is easy to understand and lots of fun - from singing if you're happy and you know it YAH MON! to the information he provides the entire day was well worth every penny!

We booked the tour, shopping, white river tube ride, lunch and beach with him for 3.5 hours - it turned out to be more like 5 or 6 hours!! :)

We were a party of 4 - my husband and myself, our 21 year old daughter and my 80 year old mother and all of us from 21 to 80 thoroughly enjoyed the river tube ride thanks in part to George our guide.

Thanks Courtney for showing us a GREAT TIME in Jamaica - we hope to come back again one to visit!

Debbie

Hi,

I think Im convinced to take a Courtney Taylor tour but what are the good places to go with 2 boys aged 14 and 12? Looks like there's a lot of fun places to go but not sure how much time everything takes.

It sounds like you can stop one or many places. Any suggestions would be helpful. We'll be stopping in Falmouth and we'll be there from like 10-7

Thanks!

Stacy

Hi,

I think Im convinced to take a Courtney Taylor tour but what are the good places to go with 2 boys aged 14 and 12? Looks like there's a lot of fun places to go but not sure how much time everything takes.

It sounds like you can stop one or many places. Any suggestions would be helpful. We'll be stopping in Falmouth and we'll be there from like 10-7

Thanks!

Stacy

I am not sure about Flamouth as we docked in Ocho Rios...but we loved the Falls...I had 3 teens with me and they loved climbing them. We also went to Irie Blue Hole and I guarantee they would love that place...but I am not sure you will have time for all of that considering where you port.

We docked in Falmouth as well. The drive out to Irie blue hole is about 45 minutes but I think it would be the same to Dunns Falls. We liked Irie because it was no crowd. And by no crowd, I mean there was another family leaving when we got there and we were the only one for a couple of hours. The two guides treated us like family. They worked their tails off to show us a good time. Behind what you see in some of the blue hole pictures is also a great area you can climb. For some reason that is harder to find pictures of. At Dunns you can hold hands with a bunch of other tourist and climb and at Blue hole you can really play out there. You don't have the vendors, etc. Look up some youtube videos and pictures of the Blue Hole. If you want a little bit less of a tourist experience, pick that instead. If I were you I might just email Courtney and get his advice but I wouldn't miss the blue hole. There are river raft rides etc. The entire time we were with Marvin he would let us know what our status was for getting back to the ship on time. You can actually fit tons in your day there even being in Falmouth. We did horseback riding and I would skip that although it was very interesting. If I was to go again, I would do blue hole, jerk chicken, beach then back to ship, but that is just me.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723