Courtney Taylor?

rickb609

Where exactly do you meet Courtney for the tour. I'm porting in Falmouth and I'm wondering when I get off the ship where exactly I go to find him. I've found him very easy to book with and I am looking forward to our tour in December.

Where exactly do you meet Courtney for the tour. I'm porting in Falmouth and I'm wondering when I get off the ship where exactly I go to find him. I've found him very easy to book with and I am looking forward to our tour in December.

He told me just ask someone when we get off the ship and they will point me in the right direction.

That reminds me, I wasnt too thrilled with this explanation and wanted to write him back for clarification. I need to send him an email.

He told me just ask someone when we get off the ship and they will point me in the right direction.

That reminds me, I wasnt too thrilled with this explanation and wanted to write him back for clarification. I need to send him an email.

We went in through the shops and towards the end there were two women standing there. We asked for Courtney and they pointed us in the direction. In case you get a little confused (we did, but shouldn't have really), just ask someone else for Courtney and they'll keep pointing you in the right direction. Easy Peasy!

Courtney Taylor ruined our trip to Jamaica!

Attention: DO NOT USE HIM!

He is a liar. He did not show up as promised and when he did 3 hours later, tried to charge us more!

If you want a good time in Jamaica, use the Cruise Ships tours.

To be honest, next time we visit Jamaica, we would stay on the ship!

Courtney Taylor ruined our trip to Jamaica!

Attention: DO NOT USE HIM!

He is a liar. He did not show up as promised and when he did 3 hours later, tried to charge us more!

If you want a good time in Jamaica, use the Cruise Ships tours.

To be honest, next time we visit Jamaica, we would stay on the ship!

Wow' your first post and came here bashed away and now your gone,come on now are you a fired employee trying to get even?

We (3 couples) spent the day with Courtney on October 17 and it was wonderful! We asked where to find Courtney upon entering the port and were directed straight to him. He was waiting for us and we immediately headed out for our day. Before booking we exchanged several emails and he customized a day for us according to our wishes. On our way to Dunns River Falls (approx. 45 min drive) Courtney provided tons of information regarding the history of Jamaica and described each area we covered. He answered our numerous questions happily and even entertained us with songs! While at DRF we were able to leave all of our belongings safely with Courtney in his van. We then headed to the White River for a refreshing tubing excursion. He gave us choices of where to go for lunch and we chose Margaritaville which was quite entertaining. We chose to head back to the port after a little bit of shopping. Courtney remained with us throughout the day and we never felt uneasy. We would not even think about venturing out on our own in Jamaica. Courtney's rate for the day was about half of the price of the same tour through the ship. We highly recommend him!!

We (3 couples) spent the day with Courtney on October 17 and it was wonderful! We asked where to find Courtney upon entering the port and were directed straight to him. He was waiting for us and we immediately headed out for our day. Before booking we exchanged several emails and he customized a day for us according to our wishes. On our way to Dunns River Falls (approx. 45 min drive) Courtney provided tons of information regarding the history of Jamaica and described each area we covered. He answered our numerous questions happily and even entertained us with songs! While at DRF we were able to leave all of our belongings safely with Courtney in his van. We then headed to the White River for a refreshing tubing excursion. He gave us choices of where to go for lunch and we chose Margaritaville which was quite entertaining. We chose to head back to the port after a little bit of shopping. Courtney remained with us throughout the day and we never felt uneasy. We would not even think about venturing out on our own in Jamaica. Courtney's rate for the day was about half of the price of the same tour through the ship. We highly recommend him!!

So what does drive I see that it was 6 of and there is 5 of us?

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I had the best private tour with Courtney. I’m so glad I decided to book this tour based on everyone’s reviews here. We walked off the cruise ship and walked down the dock and asked for Courtney Taylor by name and it was so easy. We waited were all cruise ship tours were picking up loaded up buses full of people and then Courtney pulled up in an air conditioned van and we had our private ride. We had booked in advanced the white river tubing trip. Courtney drove us to the river and on the way gave us so much information on the island and it was so much fun. He was so easy to talk too and my husband I felt completely safe and in good hands. Rafting with Chukka on the white river was so much fun too, it was had some medium rapids but mostly calm but our river guide helped us along the way. The overall experience was amazing. This was the first time my husband and I had ever been to Jamaica and after Courtney dropped us off at the ship safely we tried to walk over around and we were accosted by people selling stuff everywhere we turned and I didn’t feel safe at all and it was really scary and if we ever return to Jamaica I’m going to make sure we fill the entire time with activities guided by Courtney Taylor because it’s worth every penny. :)

Courtney Thank you for making our experience in Jamaica excellent!! Hope to see you again soon

Here's his website: http://courtneytay.wix.com/jamaicajh I made my reservation on here and left a small deposit with paypal

• 1 month later...

We booked Courtney for a one day Falmouth, Jamaice tour on a cruise stop and because of our excellent time with Courtney I returned to Jamaica for a week with my extended family. We used Courtney for our airport transfer to and from Negril and everything went well. We had 7 adults and 4 kids and did not have much room to spare, but Courtney is an excellent driver and takes a lot of pride in his work and Jamaica. He was prompt and reasonable and felt very comfortable booking with him and will do it again every time we return to Jamaica.

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise, which stopped in MoBay. We bumbled around inside the terminal a bit until we found someone who directed us outside, to the "independent tours".... Once we got outside, we asked for Courtney and the other tour operators were happy to point him out.

Off we went! We learned a lot about the local culture and customs from Courtney, and had a great time on the tour, which he customized for my family of 5. He was very watchful of us when we'd stop, always stayed with our stuff in the car to make sure it was safe, etc. We never felt like we were in any danger at any stops. We toured a jerk sauce factory which was pretty cool (my wife and I are both mechanical engineers and love seeing factory equipment in action), stopped at Scotchies for lunch & a red stripe, and went to Doctor's Cave Beach. Courtney was more than willing to wait for us at the beach to take us back to the pier, but knowing he lives in Ocho Rios 90 minutes away, we went ahead and let him go a little early and caught a cab back to the pier at the end of the day.

We were very happy with Courtney. He was very entertaining, patiently answered all my kids' questions, and his price was very reasonable. If we tour Jamaica again, we'll likely be back in touch! :)

We used Courtney taylor tours for a trip from Carnival pier to Dunn water falls in Dec, 2012.

Planned this well ahead and was in touch with Courtney before the ship(carnival magic) docked in Montego bay. It was easy to find him after stepping out of the pier.

Courtney drove us all the way to Dunn water falls..while narrating history of Jamaica and talking about various places that we came across on the way. Once we are done with climbing up the falls, we had multiple stops on the way back to the ship.

First unscheduled stop is a mango and custard apple(Seetaphal) sold by a vendor on the side of the street. Very excited to find these off season fruits. After a quick stop at a jerk chicken place, ladies were off to shopping for Jewelry.

Overall we are very happy with the trip and there was never a dull moment. I would highly recommend getting in touch with Courtney if you are planning to visit Jamaica.

• 4 weeks later...

I was really nervous about Jamaica, but after taking a tour with Courtney it's one of my favorite places. He arrived on time, watched our things during the excursions, told us the history of different sites as we drove and made me feel very welcomed. He was extremely considerate of our time and allowed us to roam for as long or as little as we wished. He even took a few detours at our request to get authentic Jamaican beef patties and of course the infamous Scotchies. I highly recommend him as a tour guide. He offers a personalized tour at a lower cost and better service. I guarantee you won't regret it.

We arrived in Jamaica via Carnival Conquest. Our ship docked at Montego Bay. Dean (our driver) picked us up as scheduled (half an hour after the ship docked) and drove us 1 ½ hour into Ocho Rios to our “Private” blue hole destination. There we met up with Courtney the man himself. The blue hole was spectacular. The guides there helped our family of 4 (with a 7 and 5 year olds) traversed the slippery rocks. They took special care of our little ones. After about 1 ½ hour at the blue hole, Courtney then took us to the white water tubing. What a way to relax and chill out. After the tubing relaxation, Dean took us to a beautiful nearby beach for another hour of fun and scenery.

Courtney and Dean were exceptional. Although the drive back to Montego bay was long, dean was very knowledgeable and kept us informed about the island nation. Thanks Courtney and Dean for making our visit to your beautiful island so memorable. We hope to come back soon and see other parts of your country.

We arrived in Jamaica via Carnival Conquest. Our ship docked at Montego Bay. Dean (our driver) picked us up as scheduled (half an hour after the ship docked) and drove us 1 ½ hour into Ocho Rios to our “Private” blue hole destination. There we met up with Courtney the man himself. The blue hole was spectacular. The guides there helped our family of 4 (with a 7 and 5 year olds) traversed the slippery rocks. They took special care of our little ones. After about 1 ½ hour at the blue hole, Courtney then took us to the white water tubing. What a way to relax and chill out. After the tubing relaxation, Dean took us to a beautiful nearby beach for another hour of fun and scenery.

Courtney and Dean were exceptional. Although the drive back to Montego bay was long, dean was very knowledgeable and kept us informed about the island nation. Thanks Courtney and Dean for making our visit to your beautiful island so memorable. We hope to come back soon and see other parts of your country.

Hello can you tell me what the cost was for Blue hole or was it just tipping? I have a tour with Courtney Taylor coming up soon also.

Hello can you tell me what the cost was for Blue hole or was it just tipping? I have a tour with Courtney Taylor coming up soon also.

The cost at the blue hole for us was 15 per person....but the guides (2) at the blue hole took such good care of our two little girls that I tipped them an additional 15 a piece... I wished I had more money to give. They were that good! You can go to Courtney's Facebook page and check out our pics there. Are you going to do the tubing?

The cost at the blue hole for us was 15 per person....but the guides (2) at the blue hole took such good care of our two little girls that I tipped them an additional 15 a piece... I wished I had more money to give. They were that good! You can go to Courtney's Facebook page and check out our pics there. Are you going to do the tubing?

I think we are going to skip the tubing. My parents are not interested. We live in Texas and can tube on the comal or Guadalupe so I think we will just stick with that. We are going to do beach horseback riding, blue hole or secret falls (not sure if it is the same) lunch, and maybe a beach stop. Not really sure. I'm glad you had a good experience though. it is nerve racking planning all this.

Courtney and I exchanged a few emails last year about our visit to Ocho Rios couple weeks ago. I explained what our group was looking for in a tour and what we were hoping to do while in Jamaica. We were not disappointed. Courtney met us at the gate area. Greeted me by name and welcomed us to Jamaica. He explained that a guide named Errol would be our driver. Errol was great. He took us to many of the areas we were hoping to see and learned much about the great country. We were able to meet many wonderful people and stopped at an outdoor restaurant named Scottchies. Wonderful food. We were so impressed with Courtney's professionalism and Errol's hospitality that we are booking their services when we go back to Ocho Rios next January. Their rates are VERY reasonable.

Chad

Cruised on NCL Pearl 17 -24 Feb 2013, and our group used Courtney's service. We had a large group, so he sent a small bus. It was a very nice ride thru Fern Gully, stopped by a large supermarket for beer and/or sodas. Grabbed meat patties under the bus drivers watchful eyes while others from the group went somewhere else(shopping maybe). This tour also included a stop at a mall for coffee and t-shirts. Visited a local "Spice" man. A great highlight to this trip. Very fresh spices. Swimming at the Blue Hole. Beautiful waterfalls. We have been to Dunn's waterfall, Blue Hole was 10 times better. It's a small off the beaten path place. One small group was there when we got there. Worth every penny of the tour just to go there. Finished the tour by eating at Scotchies(great prices). Was offered several choices at the end, to be dropped off at a beach or returned to the port. We returned to the port and walked around the area.

Never felt unsafe. Plenty of police and guards keeping the locals away from nagging you.

The total of our tour was $35 pp. Loved it.

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend Courtney Taylor Tours and you should not think twice about using him for your tours.

It was exactly what I was hoping for - coming off the ship I could see that the tours through the cruise line were huge "cattle calls". There were literally hundreds of people piling onto large busses and waiting in hot mass groups with tour guides holding up signs trying to get the huge group to form and then stay together.

We walked right off the boat - asked any of the people at the end of the pier where "Courtney Taylor Tours" was and they all pointed us straight to where they were waiting for us. (Saved at least 45 minutes!) You can see that they are well respected and regulars at the dock. We were lucky and scored a tour with "Courtney himself". (But i will say that the other tour guide waiting seemed professional and friendly so I imagine it would have been just as good).

We went to Dunn falls and on the 45 minute drive Courtney made us laugh with the Jamaican history and facts. He sang and quizzed us and his personality came through. He asked us questions to learn what we were interested in and then pointed those things out. We were a group of 5 - in an air conditioned van - very comfortable.

At Dunn falls Courtney walked us through the entire process and even took our group to the front of the line. Saving us valuable vacation time (another 45 minutes at least!). He met us at the top of the falls when we were done (Side note: we were able to leave our stuff in the locked air conditioned van which is a huge relief and really saved us the hassle of lockers etc.)

We hopped in the van quickly and went to a private beach with a restaurant (yummiest Jamaican jerk pork and chicken I have even tasted!). We enjoyed all that time we saved at the beach and were able to eat, relax, sip Red Stripe. Courtney was ready for us when we were ready to leave. Most of my family fell asleep in the van on the way back but I got the pleasure of learning more about Courtney and the island - asking tons of questions and getting honest answers about the island politics, his business and the customs in Jamaica.

Courtney Taylor Tours is exactly what you are looking for. Professional, Affordable, Private, Helpful, Custom and knowledgable - Dont think twice, I highly recommend them.

Ps. I nearly never write reviews but I did leave feeling that I really want to help Courtney out! Not that he needs my help - they seem to be doing just fine!

Hello, I am thinking about booking a tour with Courtney Taylor. We are going on a cruise with Carnival Magic for our honeymoon and will be in docked in Montego Bay May 1st. I was quoted $20 for Dunns River, $32 for zip lining, and $43 for transportation. There are 4 of us going, so that will be $95 per person. I was wondering if this is a good price compared to what everyone else is getting quoted. Also I wanted to see if the $20 for Dunns River is the total cost, or will we all have to pay an additional admission fee once we get there? (same thing for ziplining) I want to do something fun for our honeymoon, but do not want to pay an arm and a leg and a bunch of hidden fees that will add up.

Hello, I am thinking about booking a tour with Courtney Taylor. We are going on a cruise with Carnival Magic for our honeymoon and will be in docked in Montego Bay May 1st. I was quoted $20 for Dunns River, $32 for zip lining, and $43 for transportation. There are 4 of us going, so that will be $95 per person. I was wondering if this is a good price compared to what everyone else is getting quoted. Also I wanted to see if the $20 for Dunns River is the total cost, or will we all have to pay an additional admission fee once we get there? (same thing for ziplining) I want to do something fun for our honeymoon, but do not want to pay an arm and a leg and a bunch of hidden fees that will add up.

With Courtney, the $20 gets you into the park. If you want to hire one of the guides on the falls, that is extra, but our family just climbed up on our own. There were 6 of us total. We went tubing after that for $25/each, then to the Blue Hole $15 per adult and $10 per kid (plus tipping guides). Courtney took care of paying the fees and settled up at the end. He charged $35/Adult and $30/kid for the transportation. I bought him lunch and tipped a bit more at the end of the trip.

Courtney is a straight-forward, honest, and very pleasant guy. I'd book him again in a heartbeat.

Edited by quercus alba

First off, please note that I am not one of these "first time posters". Google Timmay77, you will find that I am active on MANY different online forums.

I decided to go with Courtney based off of reviews here, price, and wanting to have a private tour.

We sailed on the Carnival Freedom, arriving in Ocho Rios on May 3rd at 6am local Jamaica time. We had to wait at the dock until about 6:25am before Courtney arrived. No big deal, we were one of the first groups off of the ship. Once he arrived, he showed us to his van, then we waited a little longer while he contacted another driver for another tour he had arranged. Again, not a big deal, his van was nice and cool.

After a small 10-15 min wait, he hopped in the van and we were off to Dunn's River Falls. Courtney has a great personality, he is very funny, and is well educated. He instantly made us at ease. My wife was worried about using a local tour guide instead of booking with the cruise line. 2 minutes in the van with Courtney and she knew we made the right decision. Once we arrived at DRF, Courtney suggested we leave our belongings in the van because lockers were rather expensive. All of our stuff was safe and sound. He walked us right up to the gate were he took the money for the tickets, bought them for us, and got us right in. We didn't have to stand in line AT ALL. We completely bypassed the crowds. DRF was awesome. My wife and daughter had a blast.

After the falls, we went to Calypso Rafting. Personally, I will not do that again, it was a little scary. Off the beaten path if you know what I am saying. (That's a story for another thread) If Courtney had not been with us, we would have quickly left. He was with us the entire time, so I felt safe enough to do the tubing. Afterwards, Courtney was there, waiting for us as pomised. We decided to cut the day short and go back to the ship because it was raining like crazy. We had originally planned on getting lunch and spending some time at the beach, but the weather wasn't cooperating.

Overall, Courtney did an AMAZING job. I will absolutely contact him again when we go back to Jamaica.

100_0240.jpg

100_0273.jpg

100_0283.jpg

Is the calypso rafting the same as tubing? We have been looking at all the options available and didn't see that listed. Thanks:)

Is the calypso rafting the same as tubing? We have been looking at all the options available and didn't see that listed. Thanks:)

Calypso was the company that Courtney took us to for tubing. ( I think they also do a bamboo rafting excursion.)

I thought they did a fine job, considering I was nursing a dislocated shoulder.

Edited by quercus alba