Entertainment Book Savings

richsea

I know that there was a thread about 2004 Entertainment Books being just $10.00 because they expire in November but I can't find it because 1) these boards are screwed up [B]again[/B] & 2) the "find" doesn't work either.

At any rate, we ordered the book for $10.00 & would encourage anyone going to Hawaii in the near future to definately get one! We had a car reserved through Alamo using a rate code that I found on these boards. We were paying $75.00 + tax for a mid-size for 3 days. Using EB coupons, we just got the same car for $47 + tax. The book already paid for itself. In addition, there are many "but one entree, get 2nd free" at some of the most popular restaurants in Hawaii! Some savings are over $30.

I hope this helps someone. These boards are so informative!

Aloha!!

Meridian Bermuda 1996
Century E Caribbean 1997
Century W Caribbean 1998
Zenith Bermuda 1999
Galaxy So Caribbean 2000
Galaxy So Caribbean 2001
Zenith Bermuda 2002
Mercury W Caribbean 2002
Constellation S Caribbean 2003
Infinity Hawaii 2004

We've used the Entertainment Book on each of our cruises. Instead of purchasing the actual book and paying for shipping, we do the online subsription for $3.99 a month, and just use it for 1 month. When you join, and can print all the coupons that are in the book on you computer printer once. Its a little more work, but a fraction of the cost of buying the book. If your interested, go to the Entertainment Bbook website, and look for the online subscription area.

Mike

I just used our book last weekend at the Brew Moon...the coupon was $20 and we paid $15 for the book and shipping. It paid itself and more with just one coupon...to a place we wouldve gone anyway.

Even if we never use the hotel, car rental or 75% of the restaurant coupons....it will certainly pay for itself multi times over the 6 months we can use it!

Aloha

NCL Star 1/04
What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

I think that not ALL of the coupons are available on line, but it is an option. I was going to do that myself but was able to get a book on Ebay last year and then got a new one because they came out in time before our cruise.

We needed to change hotels in the middle of the night because we just couldn't stay anymore where we were and the ET book came to the rescue, called them at 1 in the morning and booked a room at a great rate for the next day, packed up in the morning and moved on. Definately worth it. Plus the "Fine Dining" card is a really good deal.

Aloha,
Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!
NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!
Alaska summer 2005!

I just ordered the Hawaii book and was sent an email giving me a number I can use to start getting discounts. In 10 minutes I saved 28.00 on three car rentals. There will be coupons to use if we don't go to Hawaii again after December, I am so happy I ordered it. It was 9.99 plus 5.00 shipping. We also plan to use the coupon for Hakone in Honolulu. It is worth up to 36.00 off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by richsea:
I know that there was a thread about 2004 Entertainment Books being just $10.00 because they expire in November but I can't find it because 1) these boards are screwed up _again_ & 2) the "find" doesn't work either.

At any rate, we ordered the book for $10.00 & would encourage anyone going to Hawaii in the near future to definately get one! We had a car reserved through Alamo using a rate code that I found on these boards. We were paying $75.00 + tax for a mid-size for 3 days. Using EB coupons, we just got the same car for $47 + tax. The book already paid for itself. In addition, there are many "but one entree, get 2nd free" at some of the most popular restaurants in Hawaii! Some savings are over $30.

I hope this helps someone. These boards are so informative!

Aloha!!

Meridian Bermuda 1996
Century E Caribbean 1997
Century W Caribbean 1998
Zenith Bermuda 1999
Galaxy So Caribbean 2000
Galaxy So Caribbean 2001
Zenith Bermuda 2002
Mercury W Caribbean 2002
Infinity Hawaii 2004<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rich:

I have the Hawaii Entertainment book and want to book an Alamo car at the discounted rate you got, but can't seem to come up with $47 + tax. Did you call Alamo, or do it on-line? That is a great savings! We will be pre-cruise staying , 9/2-5 at the Raddison Kuhnio (sp?). Thanks for any help. Bob
Pride of Aloha 9/5/04

Aloha, Coasterbob!

I booked on line. We rented from 5/15-5/18 (Sat afternoon through Tues noon), 4 door mid sized car. I entered the appropriate coupon code & ID number & was quoted $62.37 less $15.00 discount plus $12.88 tax/Hawaii surcharge for a total of $60.25. I wonder if the dates make any difference.(labor Day weekend?)I'm sure I'll have to show the coupons upon arrival.

Good luck & have a great trip!!

Aloha!

Meridian Bermuda 1996
Century E Caribbean 1997
Century W Caribbean 1998
Zenith Bermuda 1999
Galaxy So Caribbean 2000
Galaxy So Caribbean 2001
Zenith Bermuda 2002
Mercury W Caribbean 2002
Infinity Hawaii 2004

thanks Rich. I can't get close to that price for my dates (9/2-5). It says ANY car, ANY 3 days, but comes up $88 + taxes for a mid-size. Can anybody help get a bettter discount? I heard of this 6T rate? What is that? Thanks, Bob

I've used the entertaiment book for booking hotels in Hawaii a number of times. We usually spend a couple nights in Waikiki (love it...but can't take much more in Honolulu). I've booked with Outrigger a couple times. Got 1/2 block off the beach at the Village or Coral Seas, for $62.50. Outrigger had the 30 day restriction, but the lady on the phone, booked me a great rate, (not as cheap as the Entertaiment Book) but she said to call back within 30 days of our trip, and we could modify our reservation with the new rate. Now that is working to get your business! worked like a charm..no problem.

Mike

Bob - just try typing in 6T into the rate code in the Alamo reservation page ... see what the rate says! And it may also be your dates ... there may be something going on during that time period which is raising demand.

Spleen

<A HREF="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm" TARGET=_blank>
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</A>
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

• 2 weeks later...
Richsea

I have an E book and have tried the alamo site using the coupon codes for Oct 19 to Oct 24 and keep coming up with a weekly rate of over $200 for a compact???

Did you book online or by phone - are your pickup and dropoff the same?

NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA Oct. 2004
SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean
REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe
GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico
DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean
SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska
REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico
REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal
PACIFIC PRINCESS 1999 Europe
SUN PRINCESS 1998 Caribbean
ROYAL PRINCESS 1996 Panama Canal

Coiran: I don't know where you are trying to rent the car and I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but the Ironman in Kona is on October 16 and I know it affects the car rental situation throughout this island...even the Hilo side.

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!
NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!
Alaska summer 2005!

I couldn't get the 6T rate code to work for me UNTIL I made sure I put in the 6 with a capital T. It wouldn't work in lower case. After that the convertable came back at about $47 a day.

Can't wait till 5/19/04 on the Wind
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;19;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]

I am trying to get a rate for a car in Oahu from Oct 19 evening to Oct 24 morning - have not found a good rate yet

NCL PRIDE OF AMERICA Oct. 2004
SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean
REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe
GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal
SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico
SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska
REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico
REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal
PACIFIC PRINCESS 1999 Europe
SUN PRINCESS 1998 Caribbean
ROYAL PRINCESS 1996 Panama Canal

• 2 weeks later...
Mustangmike,

Do you have the web addy for the online Entertainment book?

We'll be there next year!

Thanks!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!
Millennium 2003
Century 2002
Summit 2001
Century 2000
Zenith 1996
Horizon 1994
Horizon 1993
Sunward 1992
Star Princess 1990
Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

I believe the web address for the Entertainment Book is [url="http://www.entertainment.com"]www.entertainment.com[/url]. However, keep in mind that the 2004 books expire November 1, and the 2005 books won't probably go on sale for $10 until about March. That's been my experience every year....

Devonne

Celebrity Infinity (Hawaii) - March 2005
Star Princess (Alaska) - September 2003
Regal Princess (Alaska) - August 2002

Archived