Vegetarian food in the dining room aboard LOS?

There is always one vegetarian entree on the menu for dinner. There is also usually a pasta item, sometimes with seafood in it. You can always get pasta with marinara sauce as well. There are usually meatless appetizers, soups, and salads, as well. You won't go hungry.

I'm not a vegertarian at all. Love my steak. However I do love Quesadillas and have noticed them on the vegitarian selections on the last few cruises. Last cruise on the Radiance I tried them and they were so good. There was fresh salsa with them and since they had baked potato that night I also got sour cream. You can also get a baked potato and broccoli and probably other veggies any night. Just ask.

my DD is a vegetarian and cruises often...she has never had any problem finding enough to eat! there are always potatoes and salad and vegetables, and always a pasta dish that you can get with alfredo instead of meat sauce if you prefer. some ships have veggie burgers, but you may have to ask because they weren't listed on the menu.

good luck! enjoy your cruise!

Beverly

I am a vegetarian and extremely fussy eater. Just wondering if the main dining room aboard Liberty of the seas caters well for vegetarians? Any experiences? Thanks!

Leaving the vegetarian part aside for one minute, I will be honest with you: If indeed you are an "extremely fussy eater" you will have a rough time on a mass-market cruise ship.

As for vegetarians, by no means could I say that any mass market ship "CATERS WELL". As the above posters have said, there is one entree out of every dinner menu that is vegetarian. Several times during the cruise, that dish will thankfully be something other than pasta.

Portofino, one of the specialty restaurants, makes a ribbon pasta with mushroom dish that is to die for.

You will not starve for the week, but your options will be limited and perhaps a bit boring half-way through the cruise.

Having said all that, I once shared a table with a lady who was diabetic. She told our head waiter about that at the table on the first night. The kitchen made her a large side dish of vegetables every night--not always the same, but usually of an Asian variety.

Good luck!

Leslie

I've never been on the Liberty but have been in the same situation on the Grandeur. The staff will go out of their way to make sure you have something you want to eat. As mentioned, there is always a pasta dish with marinara sauce every night available. There was also another vegiterian dish available every night. If for some reason we didn't want either of these alternatives, they were more than willing to let us order two apitizers and a salad or to order a baked potato and any of the vegitables that go with the meat dishes. I'm known around my office as one of the worlds pickiest eaters and always manage to gain some weight on a cruise.

We were on the Legend Of the seas in December and must tell you that we were very satisfied with the vegetarian choices. We also found the wait staff very accomodating offering to provide off menu choices etc. We never needed to do that and as vegetarians can say we too have found good vegetarian choices in the Dining room.:)

Archived