Bahamas Excursions

afcj1

Yes, they are safe...at least it was when I went on a cruise last June. I booked through them for our Grand Cayman and Cozumel excursions and would do it again. In fact, we are going to the Bahamas next month and I'm getting ready to find something through them again. Much cheaper and just as good as Carnival.

Yes, they are safe...at least it was when I went on a cruise last June. I booked through them for our Grand Cayman and Cozumel excursions and would do it again. In fact, we are going to the Bahamas next month and I'm getting ready to find something through them again. Much cheaper and just as good as Carnival.

Thanks a lot.

I saw that they serviced other areas, so I thought that they might be OK, but still wanted someone to confirm.

There are 10 of us that just booked that one (Paradise Island??). I doubt it was Time Share. I did a live chat with their help straight from their website and she helped a lot. I asked about the Water Taxi fare that they mentioned on the website and she said it was $3pp each way and then about a 10 minute walk after that. I figure we will take a water taxi there and regular taxi back for a different route. And the food and drink is all you can eat.

I see they have a good deal for a day at a resort in Nassau including food and drinks. Has anyone else done that excursion. The price is great, but I don't to get stuck in a time share meeting.

This is for Paradise Island. I emailed them at both of these email addresses: info@paradiseislandbahama.com; res@paradiseislandbahama.com

and they replied the next day with info. Prices directly with the location are the same $50pp for adults and $35pp for kids and the hrs are 9-5.

I was also in contact with these folks, www.paradiseoceansports who also replied very quickly to my email requesting info.

Has anyone ever used this site to book excursions:

http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/index.html

It appears to be owned by a marketing company, which is why I'm wondering.

Thanks.

Just to let you all know.. this "resort" is the paradise island Harbour Resort" and it's a dump. It's located On the harbour with just a little hint of a beach under the docks on the harbour.

The food is mediocre.. and the booze is not named brand. Beer is local.

It's a spring break party place.. for those on a very tight budget.

Just to let you all know.. this "resort" is the paradise island Harbour Resort" and it's a dump. It's located On the harbour with just a little hint of a beach under the docks on the harbour.

The food is mediocre.. and the booze is not named brand. Beer is local.

It's a spring break party place.. for those on a very tight budget.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just wanted to share some options with others. Tripadvisor averages 3*, so a "dump" to some, is not always a dump to others. Personally, it's not what I'd chose, but it's nice to let people know what's out there.

As the operations Manager for Island Marketing Ltd. I wanted to take a moment to respond to ScubaGirl's comments regarding the Paradise Island Harbour Resort Day Pass that we offer on our site. To call this resort a "dump" is out of line and completely false and unacceptable. I am compelled to respond to this negative attack on the resort on behalf of our company and the many hardworking people who work at this resort day in and day out.

We value our friends at cruise critic. As many of you know our team at Island Marketing Ltd. has a good reputation for providing prompt and professional service before and after the sale, and we strive to promote unique products that offer both value and quality to our many crusie ship clients. This response is not meant to be an advertisement for our company, I just want to state that we have been in business for over 6 years and have serviced hundreds of thousands of clients in the many ports we operate in. Nassau is our newest port and we are working hard to develop a well rounded variety of options for our valued clients. We will monitor our clients experiences closely in Nassau, as we do in all the ports we service. We know full well that it is only by listening to our clients and learning from their experiences that we can improve the services and excursions that we offer. We have put many clients through the doors at Paradise Island Harbor Resort since launching our site in December and can assure you we have not had one client refer to it as a dump!

I realize that Scubagirl spends a great deal of time each and every day sharing her opinions with cruisers who are looking for information about Nassau. We encourange our clients to share their experiences via cruise critic and other forums. We work with over 100 professional independent operators and if a product does not continue to meet our standards, it will be removed from our site, period.

Our Day pass to the Paradise Island Harbor Hotel is a good value for anyone looking to spend the day relaxing by a pool/beach and enjoying some good food and beverage. For $50usd this is a very inexpensive way for many to kick back and enjoy the amenities of this resort. Not everyone can afford or wishes to join the masses at Atlantis or any of the other clubs used by the thousands of crusie ships passengers in port. With the cost of drinks on the ship, at Atlantis or many other locations in Nassau, there are many people who will enjoy and appreciate the services and the value that this resort has to offer. To call this resort a "dump" is not fair at all.

The beach at this resort is small, but still a comfortable place for guests to relax and enjoy the sand, the sun and the beautiful harbor view. The water is also crystal clear from the shore and though the swimming area is small it is still enjoyable. I personally took each and every photo on our site. They are not doctored in any way. I had lunch in the restaurant during my visit and it was very good. They provided a nice variety of options and the restaurant offers a great harbour view and friendly service. The pool bar also offered some nice light options for snacking. The Kalik Beer, Bahamas national beer is served and is very popular with tourists visiting these islands. There are a variety of Frozen and traditional cocktails to please every taste. This is not "top shelf" by any means. But the drinks are good and like the food, unlimited. We are not trying to mislead any one with our promotion of this product. We do not sell this as a deluxe 4 or 5 star resort. It is a good 3 star property trying each and every day to improve itself. The day pass is what it is and nothing more.

The property is clean, the pool and beach area are clean. The food and beverage are of a good quality. For those who enjoy a few drinks while relaxing by the pool this is an excellent option.

It is also located on Paradise Island for those who might want to walk over and do some shopping or walk through Altantis after there stay. (about a 20minute walk) We are grateful to the many cruise critic members who have supported us over the years. This post was not meant to be a personal attack on Scuba Girl. I hope those reading this understand that her negative comments required a proper response. And, as should be the case, we will leave the final review up to you, our valued cruise client. It is your experience and opinions that counts the most to us.

Many thanks for your time and consideration with my post.

Andrew Bacon

Operations Manager

Island Marketing Ltd.

How do I buy day passes for this and is the restaurant you're talkin about included in the all inclusive?

As the operations Manager for Island Marketing Ltd. I wanted to take a moment to respond to ScubaGirl's comments regarding the Paradise Island Harbour Resort Day Pass that we offer on our site. To call this resort a "dump" is out of line and completely false and unacceptable. I am compelled to respond to this negative attack on the resort on behalf of our company and the many hardworking people who work at this resort day in and day out.

We value our friends at cruise critic. As many of you know our team at Island Marketing Ltd. has a good reputation for providing prompt and professional service before and after the sale, and we strive to promote unique products that offer both value and quality to our many crusie ship clients. This response is not meant to be an advertisement for our company, I just want to state that we have been in business for over 6 years and have serviced hundreds of thousands of clients in the many ports we operate in. Nassau is our newest port and we are working hard to develop a well rounded variety of options for our valued clients. We will monitor our clients experiences closely in Nassau, as we do in all the ports we service. We know full well that it is only by listening to our clients and learning from their experiences that we can improve the services and excursions that we offer. We have put many clients through the doors at Paradise Island Harbor Resort since launching our site in December and can assure you we have not had one client refer to it as a dump!

I realize that Scubagirl spends a great deal of time each and every day sharing her opinions with cruisers who are looking for information about Nassau. We encourange our clients to share their experiences via cruise critic and other forums. We work with over 100 professional independent operators and if a product does not continue to meet our standards, it will be removed from our site, period.

Our Day pass to the Paradise Island Harbor Hotel is a good value for anyone looking to spend the day relaxing by a pool/beach and enjoying some good food and beverage. For $50usd this is a very inexpensive way for many to kick back and enjoy the amenities of this resort. Not everyone can afford or wishes to join the masses at Atlantis or any of the other clubs used by the thousands of crusie ships passengers in port. With the cost of drinks on the ship, at Atlantis or many other locations in Nassau, there are many people who will enjoy and appreciate the services and the value that this resort has to offer. To call this resort a "dump" is not fair at all.

The beach at this resort is small, but still a comfortable place for guests to relax and enjoy the sand, the sun and the beautiful harbor view. The water is also crystal clear from the shore and though the swimming area is small it is still enjoyable. I personally took each and every photo on our site. They are not doctored in any way. I had lunch in the restaurant during my visit and it was very good. They provided a nice variety of options and the restaurant offers a great harbour view and friendly service. The pool bar also offered some nice light options for snacking. The Kalik Beer, Bahamas national beer is served and is very popular with tourists visiting these islands. There are a variety of Frozen and traditional cocktails to please every taste. This is not "top shelf" by any means. But the drinks are good and like the food, unlimited. We are not trying to mislead any one with our promotion of this product. We do not sell this as a deluxe 4 or 5 star resort. It is a good 3 star property trying each and every day to improve itself. The day pass is what it is and nothing more.

The property is clean, the pool and beach area are clean. The food and beverage are of a good quality. For those who enjoy a few drinks while relaxing by the pool this is an excellent option.

It is also located on Paradise Island for those who might want to walk over and do some shopping or walk through Altantis after there stay. (about a 20minute walk) We are grateful to the many cruise critic members who have supported us over the years. This post was not meant to be a personal attack on Scuba Girl. I hope those reading this understand that her negative comments required a proper response. And, as should be the case, we will leave the final review up to you, our valued cruise client. It is your experience and opinions that counts the most to us.

Many thanks for your time and consideration with my post.

Andrew Bacon

Operations Manager

Island Marketing Ltd.

Sorry.. but you're posting and the pictures on your website are deceiving.

The BEACH is surrounding by a wooden walkway which is not clean or inviting. It's usually filled with debris from the harbour. You're VIEWS of the beach fail to show the dock that shadows your pictures.

The pool, although sometimes very nice and inviting.. usually needs a good cleaning.. as does the Hot tub. Even you're chaise lounges are sticky with old lotion and dirt.

I've enjoyed many a Kalik from your outdoor bar.. but besides a few decent bar food entrees.. you're food is lacking. Not even Bacardi Rum.

I'll change my tune when and if I see that things have improved.

I'm not an Atlantis fan.. but it's deceiving to think that you are spending the day at the Beach.. with a view.

I think my question got lost in the "Paradise Resort" discussion, so I will ask again. On the Bahama Excursion website there is a snorkel trip offered for 40.00 for 1.5 hours. Does anyone know if the British Colonial Hilton booth by the beach is the place to get the boat or is that a different snorkel trip offered by the BCH?

I think my question got lost in the "Paradise Resort" discussion, so I will ask again. On the Bahama Excursion website there is a snorkel trip offered for 40.00 for 1.5 hours. Does anyone know if the British Colonial Hilton booth by the beach is the place to get the boat or is that a different snorkel trip offered by the BCH?

If you go by the pictures.. then yes.. it's the BCH. But I don't think it mentions it in the description.

Either way..most tours pick up somewhere near the wharf downtown.. you probably won't have to go far.

Archived