Pirate Cruise Adventure

vivig

HI There,

I was wondering if anyone would know what the average age for a child to participate in the Pirate Cruise Adventure? IS 10 years old too old, too young, or just right?

Many thanks in advance,

• 3 weeks later...

I think 10 is just fine. The pirates speak loudly (yell) the entire time so everyone can hear and so that might be scary for the littler ones. We pirated last June with our DD7 and we're going back in March with her cousins and friends ages 8-11.

One cool thing they might like is walking the plank. After you sail around awhile, you anchor and can jump off the plank or higher up on the back of the ship. Or like me, you can climb down the ladder and swim around a bit.

Do the kids have to go in the water to have a good time on the Pirate Adventure?

My DS8 loves the water, goes in the ocean (from the shore), swims in a lake, swims laps and laps at the Y with much older kids. BUT - jumping into the water from a boat is not at the top of his list. We tried snorkeling off a boat a few years ago and he climbed right back up the ladder and stayed on the boat. He had a ball but that was a Pirate Adventure in St Thomas.

You can jump in the water, or like me, climb down a ladder. They make or offer (I can't remember) you the blow up life jackets. Our DD(8) doesn't like the straight off the boat stuff either, but we did get her in the water a little, entering from the ladder.

If I'm remembering correctly, more time was spent with on-board activities than the time offered for swimming.

We're thinking about this excursion for our family too! Our son is 13 and our daughter is almost 12. Will the 13 year old enjoy it? I think my kids will like the swimming ~ but how deep is the water and are there any jelly fish? :eek: I'm already thinking that was a stupid question:rolleyes: but to be honest... I'm scared to death of what lurks in the ocean!!! However, I'm trying very hard not to pass that fear onto my children... any tips? Thanks everyone! I want them to be very carefree and enjoy the ocean!

We just returned 2/24 and did the Pirate cruise. My sons are 2 and 4 and they were a little bit scared by the loud cannon and pirates! The older kids seemed to love it! They scrubbed the deck, and joined in with the pirates. After the cruise we stopped to swim, jump in off the plank or the top deck, or climb down the ladder! (when we were met at the dock by elizabeth- she was not to friendly. we were all worried that the entire excursion would be that way, but it turned out great!)

We just returned 2/24 and did the Pirate cruise. My sons are 2 and 4 and they were a little bit scared by the loud cannon and pirates! The older kids seemed to love it! They scrubbed the deck, and joined in with the pirates. After the cruise we stopped to swim, jump in off the plank or the top deck, or climb down the ladder! (when we were met at the dock by elizabeth- she was not to friendly. we were all worried that the entire excursion would be that way, but it turned out great!)

How long was this excursion and where does it leave from?

Archived