Paradise Beach or Chankanaab???

sarahsema

Trying to decide on an excursion in Cozumel...

We are a large party with varying interests and 8 kids.

I have heard about the "water toys" at PB, what are they and how much do they cost?

What about the snorkeling?

Any reviews are welcome, thanks!

We went to Chankanaab Marine Park as two in our group were doing the dolphin swim. There were 12 of us all together -- including one preteen, a toddler, a baby, a senior and a handicapped person -- So we had varying interests too....

If there are people in your party interested in the dolphin swim, I can't say enough wonderful things about the Royal Swim. It was great!

There is a pool, lockers, showers, and food and drink available. There is a wadding area as well as a "beach" area. Admission to the park w/o tickets to the dolphin swim is $10. It is an easy cab ride (we paid 20 bucks for a van that held 9 of us).

While it was nice, I would not return here if not for the dolphin swim. The beach is very gritty sand, the shore is very rocky and there is little shaded areas on the main beach. This was not a great match for the little ones or our senior. The food and service was good, though.

If you aren't interested in swimming with the dolphins and are more interested in a beach break -- I would look into Paradise Beach instead.

HTH!

It *IS* really, really nice. That was when everyone in our group were adults last year. Next year we're stopping in Coz on a cruise WITH the kids, and I'm debating between PB and Chankanaab also. I opened my big mouth about the possibility of a Dolphin Encounter to my 8 YO, so I don't know if I can get out of that (maybe move it to when we stop in the Bahamas).

The things I like about Chankanaab are that the snorkel area is very shallow and I'd like to try to teach my kids how to snorkel where they can stand up. I also like that they have a playground for the kids and other things to do and see there.

PB was great. But their shoreline is also very rocky. The snorkeling was so-so, and my kids will be too young to take advantage of the water toys anyway (they will be 6 and 10 when we go). I'm leaning towards Chankanaab this time around.

We have been to both. What ages are the eight kids in your party? Teens might prefer Paradise Beach better. If I remember correctly, there is no admission to Paradise Beach, but if you want to use the toys, they will sell you a wristband, I'm thinking it was in the eight dollar range. Free chairs too, but they do want you to eat and drink.

Chankanaab was better for snorkeling.

Archived