Aereobed

LOWTYD

I apologize if you've seen this thread recently but I did a search and it turned up a different one then the one I was looking for. (Maybe on a different board?) I have been reading about the sofa beds in the mini suites and I am concerend my DS and my DIL won't fit in it comforatably. Will NCL allow an aerobed to be bought aboard?

I can't really say for sure, as I've never heard of anyone wanting to bring one.:)

I haven't sailed the Gem (I think I saw you were sailing the Gem on your post), but I have had family members on the pull out sofa's on other ships and they were comfy. You can request an egg crate from your steward when you board if you're really concerned. If it is uncomfy, that should help.

I suppose if you really wanted to bring an aerobed, I wouldn't see where they would have a problem with you bringing it, however, there probably would be a matter of space in the cabin. Space if very limited. A couch would probably have to be moved for the bed to fit, and there isn't much space to move a couch to.

Personally, I would just take my chances and ask for an egg crate thing for the couch just in case.

Have fun!

I apologize if you've seen this thread recently but I did a search and it turned up a different one then the one I was looking for. (Maybe on a different board?) I have been reading about the sofa beds in the mini suites and I am concerend my DS and my DIL won't fit in it comforatably. Will NCL allow an aerobed to be bought aboard?

I believe there was a relatively recent posting with someone with a similar query. If nothing else, she may be cruising before you are, and can provide definite feedback. The other posting also wondered about whether the steward would provide sheets. Would the attendant make the aerobed up every night? Would you have to find a place for it during the day.??

I agree with the other poster, however, with space concerns. You might have to inflate it every night.

nlvc

I believe there was a relatively recent posting with someone with a similar query. If nothing else, she may be cruising before you are, and can provide definite feedback. The other posting also wondered about whether the steward would provide sheets. Would the attendant make the aerobed up every night? Would you have to find a place for it during the day.??

I agree with the other poster, however, with space concerns. You might have to inflate it every night.

nlvc

Yes that wsa the post. I couldn't find it. Anyway, I don't mimd having to inflate/deflate it. I'ts electric. I know it would take up a large chuck of space. It s queen size witha riser on it. I jsut wondered if anyone had ever done this. I do like the idea of sleeping on the balcopny.:rolleyes:

I do like the idea of sleeping on the balcopny.:rolleyes:

I have one of those with the risers. I can picture it now, on the balcony, a little rocking, one larger wave, and out you go!:eek: The balcony would require one without a riser.:D Is a nice thought though, maybe ships should consider larger bedroom balcony's. Would be fine at sea, who is going to see you? Guess it would be a different thing while in port!

Lowtyd, I'm pretty sure that sofa bed is a double...not a queen! Your queen aero matress would not work in that little area in the mini suite regardless of blowing it up everyday! I'd put your DS and DIL in an inside before I'd subject them to THAT!

I had made inquiries about this too here. My son is 5'10 or 5'11 now, and we were concerned about him fitting. Posters suggested we just bring ours (twin size) with us. My DH suggested getting a deck chair and putting him out on the balcony--my son is already concerned that he will fall off the balcony and neve be heard from again (we have an aft balcony). I think we are packing ours in the same suitcase with the collapsible rolling cooler I just bought from Costco--holds 60 cans (only $30).

First of all, you won't "roll off" the balcony. A rogue wave - no. The need and hassle of a aerobed - no. You'll be fine - he's only 5'10" - don't worry about and have fun - I have taken a nap in the lounger and it certainly worked for me.

Archived