WiFi on the Dawn?

wadecruiser

Could anyone tell me if they have WiFi on the Dawn? We are cruising on March 23. I am in a master's program and need access to my university email on a daily basis. I would like to bring my laptop. I appreciate any information you can provide. ;)

Could anyone tell me if they have WiFi on the Dawn? We are cruising on March 23. I am in a master's program and need access to my university email on a daily basis. I would like to bring my laptop. I appreciate any information you can provide. ;)

Yes, there is wifi aboard the Dawn. But not necessarily in every cabin.

There's a fee starting at 75 cents per minute, which lowers as you buy a larger block of minutes. Additionally, the wifi connection is very slow. I recommend logging on to download your e mails, then logging off to read them to save precious minutes. Then logging back on to send any replies.

The 2 times that we sailed on the Dawn we were in Mini Suites and we did not have wireless connectivity in our cabin. I took my laptop up to the internet cafe and I was able to logon without any problems. As electricon said, the connection is very slooow and its not cheap! I would write an e-mail in word or notepad, then when I finished writting the e-mail I would connect to the internet and copy the e-mail from word and paste it into the e-mail. That saves a lot of time!

Funny thing though, our last cruise was on the Spirit. We were docked right next to the Dawn in NYC. When I tried to connect to the internet in my cabin I was connected to the wireless network on the Dawn. Obviously when I entered in my cabin # and name it would not allow me access, but I was able to pickup the Dawn's network.

HTH,

Brian

Archived