Maui early to bed?

luv2travel2beaches

Does anybody have any great suggestions for something to do in Lahaina in the evening. Every rental car company closes by 5 and the shuttles only run to the pier by 4:00 pm. Our ship doesn't depart Maui until 9:00. I would love to go to the Old Lahaina Luau, but we would miss our ship if we stayed till the end. I really don't want to waste the evening in Maui on the ship, we have such limited time in Maui as it is. Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Can't wait till 5/19/04 on the Wind

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;05;19;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Are you willing to eat dinner on shore? If so, there are some great places to eat in Lahaina where you could hang out for sunset and enjoy the ambience. Kimo's would be a good place to visit ... as would I'o or Pacific'O.

Going to see Warren & Annabelle's show in Lahaina (website) might be a good option as well - they say it starts at 5 pm and it lasts for 3.5 hours so you should be able to see the majority of it. Or you could go see Ulalena (website) - starts at 6 pm but don't know when it ends. Both Warren & Annabelle's and Ulalena have gotten good reviews.

Just some thoughts ...

Spleen

<A HREF="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm" TARGET=_blank>

time98.gif</A>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

I assume you must be porting at Kahului. That makes it tougher. We like to do Lahaina in the evening, and Spleens recommendations are good ones. The other option, if you want to catch a WONDERFUL dinner, is to go to Paia and eat at Mama's.

If I had to choose between doing a luau at Old Lahaina (the only one we recommend) and eating at Mama's... Mama's wins hands down.

paul

• 2 weeks later...

Since you ask about things to do in Lahaina in the evening, my guess is your boat will stop there.

We were just there on May 2. We did the Old Lahaina luau, and walked back to the ship and still were on before 9:30 after stopping at Wyland's gallery and a couple of other shops. They were open that late on a Sunday, so I"m sure you'll find things to do.

The luau says to be there at 5:45 and it is over around 8:00. I would make a point about having a taxi ready and waiting, as there weren't any sitting there when we got out.

Nancy D.

Next destination? Alaska!

I'm only lurking here, as I don't have another Hawaiian trip planned until at least 2006 (boo-hoo). If I were you, I would check out the possibility of a night drop at the car rental and a taxi back to the ship. A few more $$, but that is your call as far as value. I'm kind of assuming you're docking at Kahului, since you are on an NCL ship.

I would like to second the vote for Mama's Fish House, get there a little early to see the wind surfers.

Have a wonderful trip!

Kathy

Archived