Last-minute Sovereign booking- Please Help

Wefewee

Just yesterday (Sunday) we won a last-minute Skyauction bid for next week's Sovereign 2/11/08 Cruise.

Never been on an RCL cruise before and have some questions; I'm hoping that you'll be patient and try to help.

1) How early is check-in permitted?

2) Upon disembarkation, is there any kind of shuttle bus service (and cost) between Port Canaveral and Orlando Airport?

I'm going to try to get some info from the RCL website but,

Many thanks to those who can help us here!

Mears is the major ground transport between MCO and the Port. Can't say how much as we live in Central Florida so just drive it. I believe it must be pre-arranged but check their website.

You can board around noon as a rule.

You are wonderful and, thanks!

Yes noon is a great time to board.

We always hire a private service to pick us up. There is Mears, Arts Shuttle and Florida Towncar Service.

RCCL charges something like $75 per person for their transport. So for $200 roundtrip, we hire a towncar. But there are 4 people in our family ;)

Noon is not a rule..I get on earlier as I am too excited to wait...lol...

You're right, noon is not a rule. But I have been "excited enough" to be in line at 10:30am, only to have to wait until 11:45am to board :)

So getting there a little before noon and boarding at noon is a good rule to have :D

:D

Just yesterday (Sunday) we won a last-minute Skyauction bid for next week's Sovereign 2/11/08 Cruise.

Never been on an RCL cruise before and have some questions; I'm hoping that you'll be patient and try to help.

1) How early is check-in permitted?

2) Upon disembarkation, is there any kind of shuttle bus service (and cost) between Port Canaveral and Orlando Airport?

I'm going to try to get some info from the RCL website but,

Many thanks to those who can help us here!

We sailed her for NYE. They let us board at 11:30AM. Very smooth and efficient embarkation.

I have used to shuttle service from RCI from MCO to Port Canaveral a few times. They meet you at baggage pickup. Once you give them your luggage at MCO, you don't have to worry about it again till you get them back in your room.

Disembarkation was the smoothest of any cruise I have taken, you get off the ship early (we were off and back in our car by 7:30) the shuttle will meet you at the exit of the port, very near. Unfortunately, I do not remember how much the service was. RCI will set that all up with a phone call tho.

DH and I enjoyed the Sov very very much, clean, good food, excellent service. Would sail her again in a heartbeat. Cocoa Cay is beautiful and so relaxing. Nassau is fun for shopping and if you have never been to Atlantis, it is a MUST see. Go to Atlantis later and enjoy walking thru the Digs (aquarium), free after 5 PM.

This is a perfect getaway from the cold. ENJOY! ENJOY!

You are all wonderful and, many thanks!

We checked Mears and they're $35 per person each way.

We're arriving a day early on Sunday (always a good tip from Canada at this time of year) and renting a car to turn in at Port Canaveral on Monday.

Since our flight home from Orlando doesn't leave until 6pm on Friday, we've arranged for another rental car upon disembarkation. That way we can poke around, do some shopping and have lunch instead of hanging around all day at the airport.

The second rental wasn't easy however, only one of three rental companies had availability; it's Daytona 500 weekend.

Archived