Dress Code for Bars/Lounges

Carnival Game

Is there a dress code for the bars/lounges/disco/karaoke at night?

I "carry over" evening's dress code. Others do "resort casual" each night [polo shirt/khakis/the like] each night.

Jeans are fine lots of people wear them. I go back to my room and change into jeans after dinner most nights and head out to the clubs. You will see lots of people dressed many different ways, just enjoy your cruise.:)

To be perfectly honest, I don't believe there IS a dress code on Carnival any more. Sure, they tell you to dress for "formal" night, but a lot of people don't. I saw no one denied services because of the way they were dressed. I'd bet that if someone wanted to push it, they could get away with wearing a bathing suit wherever they wanted to onboard.

I wasted a lot of time worrying about what I was going to wear before our last cruise. My advice is to take what's comfortable and don't worry about it. Who cares what other people think? When are you going to see them again anyway?

I'm leaving in 12 days on the Triumph, and this being my 4th carnival cruise I say don't worry about the dress attire! You will see people still dressed from dinner down to people in sweats. Make it your cruise and wear what makes you comfortable! Have a great time:p

I believe the evening dress code is specified in the daily paper and you are encouraged to dress accordingly THROUGHOUT the ship, whether at dinner or not.

HOWEVER and it is a big HOWEVER,

People wear what they want to wear and what they are most comfortable in. Some people might carp about it on these posts and some people might even talk amoungst themselves on the ship but I have yet to hear anyone say anything to anybody about how they were not dressed according to the "Dress Code".

You like to wear shorts and t shirts........go for it. Jeans, by all means. Tuxedo............if that's how you roll, cool. Let your personal sense of style and your wardrobe limitations be your guide.

After all, it's a cruise............relax, have fun, be comfortable.

Archived