How Casual????

Frivolous

My husband usually wore nice slacks, and a short sleeved silk, rayon, or linen shirt.

I wore a skirt or silk pants, and a somewhat dressy blouse or sweater--but without, what my family calls, spangles and dangles.

We will be on the Regatta in the Caribbean in February. Can someone please tell me just exactly how casual people are dressing for dinner? Thanks!

Welcome to Cruise critic!

We were on the Caribbean cruise in early January. I wore nice slacks and tops to most dinners. Wore a dress one time. Wore linen capri pants another couple days and never felt out of place. I had 3 pair of high wedge sandals to choose from. I noticed that the older women, (I'm in my 50's), wore a lot of nice jackets or long sleeve tops with slacks or longer skirts. Partly I'm sure, because of the air being cooler in the restaurants and show room. I wore more "youthful" styles but No "skin showing" tops. But you can wear any "nice " outfit. I over packed and could have doubled up on an outfit or two. Did repeat black crepe slacks 3 times with different tops. That's the way I'd go. Mix and match. People have said look at "chico's" and "coldwater creek" for ideas. I'd agree there. At least you get the idea of not real dressy, but nice. I DID see a few "cocktail" dresses in the specialty restaurants. But they aren't the norm in the main dining room. AND I did see a few younger gals in cotton chinos in the evening. Not dressy at all. But they were having a great time and it didn't bother anyone.

Honestly, I spent too much time worrying. Wear what you would when you go to a nice restaurant in town on the weekends. And don't worry. Everyone was friendly and having a great time.

Oh...I did see a few more sport coats on the men than I thought I would. But that was again probably due to cool temps on board. My husband wished he had brought more than one sweater. He ended up putting his sport coat on 4 or 5 nights, just to be "comfy."

Archived