Atlantis in Nassau?

footballchick

Hi! My family and I are sailing the Carnival Glory in March. We are wanting to visit Atlantis. Could someone please explain to me exactly how this works? I have read that there are day passes, that there are not day passes, that you must book a hotel room to get a pass, that you must take the ship's excursion, etc. I am not sure who or what to believe. Can someone give me a little insight? Thanks!!

Hi! My family and I are sailing the Carnival Glory in March. We are wanting to visit Atlantis. Could someone please explain to me exactly how this works? I have read that there are day passes, that there are not day passes, that you must book a hotel room to get a pass, that you must take the ship's excursion, etc. I am not sure who or what to believe. Can someone give me a little insight? Thanks!!

There are several ways to see Atlantis.. and there are several type of passes. THere are DIGS' aquarium passes which allow you access to ONLY the aquarium. There's a Beach pass for about $65 that allows you access to the beach and a lunch coupon, and then there's is full access to the waterpark, slides etc.

Day Passes from Atlantis, available based on occupancy are $105pp.

Day passes From the cruise ship are more expensive, but they are guaranteed.

OR.. you can book a room at any Atlantis Property for the day and get up to 4 passes for each room. Comfort Suites has an agreement with Atlantis that their guests also get passes for their room guests.

We are doing Atlantis for our upcoming cruise...we read that there are no longer day passes available...the cheapest way to go is my way lol! I always find the cheapest way! We found a deal on travelzoo for the Atlantis, they had a deal going on at the time so we jumped on it because we found that without getting a room somewhere it would be very costly. From what I found, the best way to go is to get a room...either at the Atlantis or at the Comfortsuites...the Comfort suites will give each person in the room a day pass for the Atlantis and it will cost a lot less then if you were to go right to Atlantis and pay for each activity you would like to do. When I was looking the Comfortsuites had a deal for $220 for the room with AAA or using the internet users rate...otherwise you will pay a ton if you just go and start paying for passes. Take advantage of getting a room and get your passes that way it seems to be the cheapest way to go.

we have reserved a room at the Comfort Suites to gain access to Atlantis, but the only thing is there are 5 in our group. what is the procedure once you check in as to how you get over there and if they will allow 5? please reply soon. we are leaving on our cruise shortly.

I am interested in this also. My party has 3 adults and 2 kids. 5 and 2. If we got one room at Comfort would we be able to get in. In other words would my 2 yr old need a pass or could we "Just bring here in ". Don't really want to pay for 2 rooms.

thanks

I am interested in this also. My party has 3 adults and 2 kids. 5 and 2. If we got one room at Comfort would we be able to get in. In other words would my 2 yr old need a pass or could we "Just bring here in ". Don't really want to pay for 2 rooms.

thanks

Based on posts I've seen on here in the past I'm thinking you'll be fine with the one room since the youngest is under 3 but I would recommend calling CS just to be certain.

Based on posts I've seen on here in the past I'm thinking you'll be fine with the one room since the youngest is under 3 but I would recommend calling CS just to be certain.

Thanks. i did call them directly in Nassau yesterday and they said 2 and under is fine so i booked it for $339 alot less then the Disney excursion price. :)

Thanks. i did call them directly in Nassau yesterday and they said 2 and under is fine so i booked it for $339 alot less then the Disney excursion price. :)

You're welcome. If you didn't already, make sure you use the link below to book your room because it should give you the best rate, this link is mentioned on here often. I've booked CS twice through the smartertravel link and both times it was cheaper than AAA. Also be sure to keep checking back in case the rate drops as it gets closer to your cruise.

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

You're welcome. If you didn't already, make sure you use the link below to book your room because it should give you the best rate, this link is mentioned on here often. I've booked CS twice through the smartertravel link and both times it was cheaper than AAA. Also be sure to keep checking back in case the rate drops as it gets closer to your cruise.

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

Thanks for the link I may change my res and use that but what is Significant Organization Savings Rate (An eligible party with identification must occupy the room to qualify for the Significant Organization Savings Rate.)?

Yes, they will only give out 4 passes per room, and they're sticklers about that. Ages 2 and under are probably a different story. But for 5 adults, you will need another room or maybe just buy one day pass.

Atlantis is on Paradise Island--you won't be able to walk from the pier. You can get a cab (van) for $4 a person each way. The driver will take you either straight to Atlantis or to the Comfort Suites. I hear there are water taxis, but most that have done them agree that they don't seem safe.

Thanks for the link I may change my res and use that but what is Significant Organization Savings Rate (An eligible party with identification must occupy the room to qualify for the Significant Organization Savings Rate.)?

There's no id that they ask for, I've done it twice and was never asked for any id. I've seen this SO rate talked about many times on this board and others and nobody has ever been asked for an id. From what I understand smartertravel.com is the SO and because you're clicking on a link from their website that gives you the SO rate.

[

Atlantis is on Paradise Island--you won't be able to walk from the pier. You can get a cab (van) for $4 a person each way. The driver will take you either straight to Atlantis or to the Comfort Suites. I hear there are water taxis, but most that have done them agree that they don't seem safe.

Do you know how long of a cab ride it is?

[

[

Of course the water taxi's are safe.. they go thru a US Coast Guard and port authority inspection even year.. registered and insured. Port Authority personel are on the docks to ensure they respect the rules.

It's a 10 min ride in a calm harbour..

I have read that you need to bring passport to check in to the Comfort Suites. Why would that be (if it is indeed true) and what am I supposed to do with the passports while we are all swimming?

Thanks!

There's no need to have a passport to check in. We always leave ours in our cabin safe and we've stayed at CS twice.

I have read that you need to bring passport to check in to the Comfort Suites. Why would that be (if it is indeed true) and what am I supposed to do with the passports while we are all swimming?

Thanks!

If you read the following from the website, I think you are confusing it with a need to present the passport when you check in. It seems informational to guests planning on flying from the US to the Bahamas and relates to the original US rules on passport regulations and not on the hotel demanding a passport at check-in. As for carrying money, drivers license, credit cards while in the water, those protective water cases that for $4 always seem to do the trick.

arrow_CS.gifMust have one adult 21 years or older in each room. Children under 12 stay free if sharing room with parents. Children 16 or older charged as adults.Max 4 persons/room. Energy Surcharge: 6.00/night/person (for all persons 16 and older) Housekeeping gratuity 4.00/night/person (for all persons 12 & older) Do NOT reserve more than 5 rooms per call. Effective January 1, 2007: The US Department of Homeland Security will require all US citizens who travel outside the Continental US to carry a valid US Passport. This will Include all travel to & from Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. Non-smoking hotel as of Sept. 1, 2007.

Archived