Have Inside Gem Cabin..Anyone Had One?

jaja

We are booked on Gem in February in 9579 (Inside)

Two adults... and now so hoping it will be OK as far as room to move around and storage ?????

Anyone know the cabin or immediate area??

thanks

jaja

I don't know this particular cabin. I see it is midship, which usually means you feel less motion. We stayed 4 in an inside on Deck 10. Very tight for the 4 of us, but we made it work. For 2, unless you have massive amounts of luggage you should be fine.

The Gem is a great ship. Enjoy

I don't know this particular cabin. I see it is midship, which usually means you feel less motion. We stayed 4 in an inside on Deck 10. Very tight for the 4 of us, but we made it work. For 2, unless you have massive amounts of luggage you should be fine.

The Gem is a great ship. Enjoy

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! I am looking forward to it!! This trip will be enjoying the onboard experience for us...not the ports....we plan on relaxing!!;)

If you are just going to relax, I would highly recommend an oceanview or balcony. With the balcony, you don't feel like you need to get out of the cabin, you can relax on your own balcony. With the inside cabin, you won't want to spend any time in it.....very dark.

I haven't been on the Gem, but did have an inside cabin on the Pearl. Since it's a sister ship, the layout should be the same. It was fine for two people, but I don't think I'd have wanted a 3rd unless it was a small child.

Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to spend a lot of time in my cabin just relaxing during the day. They are dark, and even with the lights on, it still seemed a bit dark for reading or anything. However, we did find plenty of places around the ship to hang-out and relax. Our favorite was the loungers on deck 7, along with the funky beds that are scattered throughout the ship. As long as you realize that you won't want to be spending a lot of waking hours in your cabin, you'll be fine. If you were thinking of just hanging out in there to relax, I'd also suggest at least an oceanview, preferably a balcony.

I stayed in an inside cabin on deck 11. For 2 people there was just enough room to sleep, get change, and shower, which is all we use our cabin for.

We had the beds put together by our room stewards, but that limits the room on the side of the bed and hard to walk next to. We had enough room for luggage which we put under our bed. The closet space is ample for 2 people. If you sleep alot and like to wake up to the sunshine, put on the bridge camera to allow the sunshine because if you dont the room is pitch black and you would not get up.

If you are just going to relax, I would highly recommend an oceanview or balcony. With the balcony, you don't feel like you need to get out of the cabin, you can relax on your own balcony. With the inside cabin, you won't want to spend any time in it.....very dark.

Are you suggesting a balcony is more desirable than an inside? Shocking!! Too bad they don't cost the same.

thanks again all.....I think we will be just fine for us 2 ! and since we are leaving soon...upgrade to balcony or outside is not an option anyway....my main concern was storing luggage--as our 2 pieces are a bit large!

also--can anyone tell me if there is a coffee pot and refrig....

only NCL cruise was on Crown..and since an older ship--hard to compare with Gem...

We had an inside cabin on deck 10 on the Pearl which should be about the same, just not as new. We had a coffee pot and mini-bar which could be emptied and used as a fridge. We enjoyed our inside cabin very much. Sure, an oceanview or balcony is nicer but would not be worth the extra money to us.

When we first entered it didn't look like there was much storage space--not too many drawers. But there were open shelves next to the door and there was plenty of space under the beds for luggage. If you have a lot of stuff to hang up you might want to consider bringing a few hangers. I don't remember how many we had, but we could have used a couple more.

The Pearl had lots of public areas inside and outside. Deck 7 is great since it is shaded and they have padded lounges.

We had an inside cabin on deck 10 on the Pearl which should be about the same, just not as new. We had a coffee pot and mini-bar which could be emptied and used as a fridge. We enjoyed our inside cabin very much. Sure, an oceanview or balcony is nicer but would not be worth the extra money to us.

When we first entered it didn't look like there was much storage space--not too many drawers. But there were open shelves next to the door and there was plenty of space under the beds for luggage. If you have a lot of stuff to hang up you might want to consider bringing a few hangers. I don't remember how many we had, but we could have used a couple more.

The Pearl had lots of public areas inside and outside. Deck 7 is great since it is shaded and they have padded lounges.

Thanks !!! I am sure it will be just fine for us!!!!!!

• 6 years later...

Two adults... and now so hoping it will be OK as far as room to move around and storage ?????

thanks

jaja

Can't speak directly about an inside cabin on Gem but we have had them on Dawn and Jewel. You'll find pictures of Dawn's inside near the bottom of this page--> DAWN The inside on Jewel can be found near the top of this page--> JEWEL. The cabins were very similar. As you can see, we keep the beds together which makes things tight along the walls especially if there is a folded bunk hanging there. There is something to be said for keeping the beds apart. In either case, closet space was plenty for two. No coffee pot. Yes, both had a fridge and a safe. Safe is locked via a 4 digit number. This is what we travel with--> CASES and the larger one is stood up in the closet and doubles as a hamper.

BTW, we're told that Gem is going into drydock in November so we suspect Spinnaker on deck 13 will be gone along with the Bridge Viewing Room on deck 11. Also hear that Blue Lagoon will become O'Sheehan's. Not sure what else is in the works but discovering changes will be part of the fun....

Edited by PorkChopKid

Anyone know the cabin or immediate area??

thanks

jaja

My DH and I never thought we would like an inside room , but because we like cruising so much and the prices were so much cheaper, we kinda got used to it. One thing we do is when we go to sleep we turn the tv on to the deck cam channel and then when the sun comes up, it's like having a window to the outside. Actually one time in the middle of the night from NY we could see it blizzarding across the bow! Very cool!