Spirit Air Carry on's

susiedag

Per the Spirit Air website:

Carry-On Baggage

Spirit Airlines customers may bring one (1) carryon bag plus a personal item (such as a purse, briefcase, or laptop computer) on board at no charge.

A carry-on bag must fit under your seat or in the overhead bin.

Carry-on bag dimensions may not exceed 22" x 13" x 10" (56cm + 33cm + 25cm).

Spirit may require that a carry-on item travel as checked baggage if the item cannot be safely stowed on a particular flight. Excess items will be charged according to checked baggage fees.

Liquids, gels and/or aerosols are permitted through security checkpoints according to TSA requirements. However, items must fit in one clear, re-sealable quart or liter-sized plastic bag, in containers of 3.4oz/100ml or less.

Please keep valuables, computers, medications, and important papers in a carry-on on your person. For helpful packing tips, click here.

Also, I'm sure you're already aware that Spirit charges for checked baggage but you may not know that the charge is going up on Feb 20. Right now it's $5 per segment (so $10 round trip) per bag for the first two checked bags and that's only if purchased online. On Feb 20 that fee is going up to $20 round trip. It's double if you purchase them at the airport. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you missed that.

Camera's weren't listed as a personal item on the SpiritAir website so I was wondering if anyone had any experience bringing one on. Did prepurchase checked luggage. Didn't know about the cost until after I purchased the tickets though!

Camera's weren't listed as a personal item on the SpiritAir website so I was wondering if anyone had any experience bringing one on. Did prepurchase checked luggage. Didn't know about the cost until after I purchased the tickets though!

You can have a carry on and one other item, purse, laptop, camera bag etc. You can't therefore, have a purse, a carry on and a camera bag. Since I always have a purse and a carry on my hubby or one of my kids gets the camera bag.

Archived