Kauai Helicopter Tour - Does time matter?

BillandLaura

Good morning Hawaiian board members!

My husband and son will be booking a helicopter ride on our second day in Kauai. Because we leave at 1:00 p.m. that day, their choices are 7:00, 8:00, and 9:00 a.m. Are any of these times preferable due to normal conditions, or are they all fantastic (of course!). They want to make sure they have the best visibility..

Thanks for your help!

Bill & Laura

Pride of Aloha (formerly Pride of America) 6/20/04 from SF

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;6;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

flahatch.gif

IMHO...I would take the 9am flight. It will give the clouds time to burn off and with the sun a little higher in the sky, there may be less shadows to contend with. It's been a while since I've taken a helicoptor tour there, but was just there last summer, and it's a georgeous place!

Enjoy!!

Mike

PS...If you have time, your might try the inner tube ride through the cane field irrigation slews. The company that does the "ride" is called "Kauai Backcountry Adventures" I think. My wife, daughter (12) and I did it last year and had a ball!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

When we took a helicopter ride in Mauai we went very early . . . 7:30(i think, cause we were back to our resort by 9:30). We were told that the islanders start burning the sugar cane early & you want a good view with no smoke in the way . . .

And what a view the Haleakala & the water falls were just awesome . . .

In Kauai you will have the shore line especially the West & North which is breath taking . . .

Enjoy!

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

I did a 7:30am flight and it was great. We had a little rain, but that meant RAINBOWS over the waterfalls!

7 previous cruises, Hawaii on Legend scheduled May 2004, and Enchantment Oct 2004

Archived