Just off the (Foggy) Ecstacy--7 hours late into port!!

parrotthead

We had a great time!

Loved the FREE EXTRA SEA DAY!!!

;) :p :D

~ It was good to be one of the people stuck on her in the Fog, rather than one of the poor passengers waiting to board. We did not get off and thru customs until almost 5:30 pm!

And wen we drove back by port (looking for a hotel in the fog) at about 7 she was till there. All lit up and looking pretty.

We had a great time!

Glad to answer any questions!

WELCOME HOME PH!!!!:D

You said you wanted to be delayed home by fog and look what happened (kinda like my plan to get an extra day in Ft. Lauderdale last year).:p

Look forward to hearing all about it!!

Thanks Wrona!

Yep, I figured I got 'rewarded' with my FreeFogSeaDay, because I did not win the Slot tourny. :p

I did win the Ship on a Stick! On (are you ready) BarTrivia !!!! (are you suprised??) :D

9:30 and shes still here. Believe me, its realy foggy here, shes not going anywhere soon. We didnt dock until after 1:45.

Thanks Wrona!

Yep, I figured I got 'rewarded' with my FreeFogSeaDay, because I did not win the Slot tourny. :p

I did win the Ship on a Stick! On (are you ready) BarTrivia !!!! (are you suprised??) :D

9:30 and shes still here. Believe me, its realy foggy here, shes not going anywhere soon. We didnt dock until after 1:45.

Thanks Wrona!

Did Carnival give you any OBC especially to those that will miss flights?

So what happens for the ones who are suppose to leave today?? I guess they get a free day too...that would be fine with me...but my dh and MIL would have to get back to work...I hope that port canvarel is fine this weekend...I guess we will see.

I am glad you had fun though...I personally would love an extra day :)

Did Carnival give you any OBC especially to those that will miss flights?

Nope. It wasnt Carnivals fault. They could not help the port athourity closed the ports of Galveston and Houston. The pilot could not even come out and get on until after 12:15.

There was a lot of people grumping. But the crew did all they could activies/food/music/comedy show. (and for many of them it was their last cruise befor going home for 2 months or to be off for the day, still there they were)

We over heard a couple fussing, that since they had 9am flights that Carnival should pay for their flights. Come on Really? scheduled to dock in Galveston at 8 and you book a 9am flight...come on! Common sense Anyone? (maybe in the future they should consider trip insurance? ;) never actually bought it myself, but, Im the go with the flow type :) )

We over heard a couple fussing, that since they had 9am flights that Carnival should pay for their flights. Come on Really? scheduled to dock in Galveston at 8 and you book a 9am flight...come on! Common sense Anyone? (maybe in the future they should consider trip insurance? ;) never actually bought it myself, but, Im the go with the flow type :) )

PH, that early of a flight would not have been covered even by most travel insurance policies (most only cover you if your flight is after the time recommended by the cruiseline).

No she's not. :( Take another look. I feel so sorry for the people on board!! :( What's going to happen to their cruise?

me too. I *heard* they are going to drop a port. (did not hear that from a reliable source tho) But I cant see any way to make up this much time. They wont be leaving until sometime tomorrow, I bet. It is way foggy and today, it never really lifted, just to a bit less foggy. I have pics, I must wait to get home to post them tho. :)

No she's not. :( Take another look. I feel so sorry for the people on board!! :( What's going to happen to their cruise?

me too. I bet the people on this cruise get some sort of compensation. They are losing a full day (at least) of their cruise...and *we* had their lunch ;) . They do deserve some OBC, but on my cruise, I dont think it would have been warrented. JMO

Nope. It wasnt Carnivals fault. They could not help the port athourity closed the ports of Galveston and Houston. The pilot could not even come out and get on until after 12:15.

There was a lot of people grumping. But the crew did all they could activies/food/music/comedy show. (and for many of them it was their last cruise befor going home for 2 months or to be off for the day, still there they were)

That is the danger of flying. The Houston airports could have had delys also. On our cruises out of Galveston we drive since we live in Dallas.

Welcome home, PH. I will be boarding the Ecstasy Saturday and HOPING for no fog that day!! I really feel badly for Lambie, who is on the Ecstasy now. Hopefully, she'll enjoy the cruise anyway. Hey....one good thing....nobody should be seasick today! ;)

So, since you're the most recent Ecstasy cruiser that I "know", tell me what I should NOT miss and what I SHOULD miss next week. :)

Welcome home PH! Glad to hear you had a great time! Can't wait to read your review, see your pics, and am hoping you might be able to post your capers?

The current folks on Ecstasy got a $15 OBC for the last boarding, and they are going to miss Progresso so they are supposed to get a $75 OBC for that. This is coming from Lambknuckles who is onboard, who has texted HostMach a few times throughout the evening yesterday.

Hoping they get to leave soon! (I am very much a ship person, and love sea days, but my idea of a sea day is not looking out at the pier!)

Kelli

Archived