Just off the (Foggy) Ecstacy--7 hours late into port!!

parrotthead

PH, glad you had a great cruise...feel really bad for those STILL sitting at the dock:(

I do have a question for you. We are first time cruisers, leaving on the Esctasy in a couple weeks. I have read that this ship is not as "formal" as some of the others. We have one formal night for which DH is taking a sports jacket and tie...what would be the appropriate dress for the dining room all the other nights. Would slacks and a polo type shirt be to informal? Would a tie be more what is required?

Thanks,

Sandy

Thought I would jump in here ---cruised Ecstasy twice last year and going 2/14 again ----on formal night (1 on 4 day cruise) there were suits, sport jacket and tie (my son and DH are doing this and a variety of stuff for women ---nice jackets, camisole, silk pants is my route) On the other nights, polo shirts, long-sleeved shirts, etc are fine for guys ---as long as it had a collar ---did not see ties on those nights. I went with a nice top/sweater and dresy black or wheat colored jeans (that did not even look like jeans , unless you saw the leg stitching.)It was not as dressy as alot of one week cruises ---we found alot of people trying out this short cruise --to see if they liked cruising ....

Thanks Susan, you were very helpful.

We are taking the five day, also to see how we like cruising. Dh was afraid if we didn't like it (which I don't plan on:D ), we would not want to be stuck on a seven day. I plan on loving it and doing another soon;)

Thanks,

Sandy

Yes, the fog is lifting and we will be driving home today, Ecstacy is sailing.

CenTx- Yes, that will be fine. (more casual is an understatment) Altho, I would not recomned it I saw lots of jeans and (gasp, to my horror;) ) even shorts in the dinning room at dinner. One of our table mates (a Doctor) wore shorts each non-formal night, with a 'dressy' shortsleeved shrit, I did not notice he was wearing shrots until the 3rd night. So, your DH will be fine in a jacket for FN

In october on the Liberty there was a guy at the table next to ours who wore blue jeans or black jeans every night to dinner. On formal night he wore one of those tacky tux shirts. You know the t-shirt that looks like you have a tux jacket and shirt on. I would have ask him to leave but they let him stay and eat.. How sad..

OK, let me clairify. Dear Tablemate did not wear shorts on Formal Night. It was the other nights. I would not wear them, I (personaly) would not wear jeans, but we did see a lot of them and it only specified "No TankTops or Shorts Please"

(I wonder if thats why my prime rib and lobster was not as good as I expected?) ;)

me too. I bet the people on this cruise get some sort of compensation. They are losing a full day (at least) of their cruise...and *we* had their lunch ;) . They do deserve some OBC, but on my cruise, I dont think it would have been warrented. JMO

If not,they should demand one. This happened to us on the Ecstasy in October.We boarded @ 10.00 p.m. and left @ 1:00 a.m.We got a 100.00 obc ea.It made for a mad rush boarding though. :eek:

OK, let me clairify. Dear Tablemate did not wear shorts on Formal Night. It was the other nights. I would not wear them, I (personaly) would not wear jeans, but we did see a lot of them and it only specified "No TankTops or Shorts Please"

(I wonder if thats why my prime rib and lobster was not as good as I expected?) ;)

i was surprised to see a young lady going into the dining room on Formal Night wearing those butt cheek showing shorts with "Cozumel" across the backside...and NOT surprised to see her on her way back OUT of the dining room a few minutes later.

I had the salmon. It was great!

If not,they should demand one. This happened to us on the Ecstasy in October.We boarded @ 10.00 p.m. and left @ 1:00 a.m.We got a 100.00 obc ea.It made for a mad rush boarding though. :eek:

They missed Progresso. and did not leave until Tuesday am. They recieved $15 OBC for late boarding and $75 OBC for missing the port. I would be upset, I understand, but it is not Carnivals fault there was fog and the Port Athourty closed the ports. It's not like Carnival decided to give us an extra day because they liked us better. (altho they do :p ;) ) ..J/K!!

They missed Progresso. and did not leave until Tuesday am. They recieved $15 OBC for late boarding and $75 OBC for missing the port. I would be upset, I understand, but it is not Carnivals fault there was fog and the Port Athourty closed the ports. It's not like Carnival decided to give us an extra day because they liked us better. (altho they do :p ;) ) ..J/K!!

Yep... I got text messages from one of our Conquest Crazies who's on board the Ecstasy. There was a little grumbling Monday evening but then Tuesday morning there were folks cheering and dancing all over the deck! Pretty amazing for 7:30 AM!!

:D

You should be fine in Cozumel as far as the fog is concerned! We had 90 degrees and sunny.

Your forecast calls for scattered showers and 84 degrees. Don't worry...it'll probably be a short tropical shower that will cool you off from the bright sunshine. You can duck in somewhere and wait it out...probably 5 minutes!

We are on the 5 day so we would probably miss Cozumel since its our first port. I just hope we have nice sunny weather!!

This trip is a Monday - Friday 5 day, with the same Itinerary and they skipped Progresso. I think Coz is the more popular port so they picked that one. We're leaving on this Saturday also and I am hoping for smooth sailing and lots of pina coladas, ( I gotta have one for each hand)

I think you are correct. They wouldnt skip Coz.

We had great seas, nothing over 8 ft. And the Captian is wonderful, it seemed that he 'sped up' at night and cruised more slowly in the day, as the winds on deck were not very strong in the day time. Very nice weather and smooth seas for the most part. And no worries on your PinaColadas. Find Elana in the Lobby Bar, she is a doll and will take good care of you. Also, Danial is good as well as SaiJay. Have a wonderful time.

Archived