Private Excursions/Tours- Mediterranean

Teri Wimmer

Teri,

We just got home (9/17) from the Galaxy westbound transatlantic. We used Revelations Tours in Villefranche and they were very good. Michele worked through several changes before we arrived and put together a good tour for us. We opted not to try to see everything and took only a 6-hour tour to Nice, Eze (fantastic) and Monaco/Monte Carlo. One reason is that we wanted to be sure to get back well before the ship's departure, but how close to cut it is a very personal choice. That is a major consideration on taking independent tours. We were quite happy with Revelation Tours. Their website is http://www.revelation-tours.com.

While we were in Rome, we used a fantastic company (Executive Limousine Service Rome). They also offer service in Livorno and Naples. I cannot overstate how wonderful they were. Very helpful in setting up a half-day tour one day for 10 people and a full-day tour the next for 12. Our guide (Remo, who owns the company with his son Daniele) even serenaded us and played his accordian. It was a couple of days we'll never forget. Their website is http://www.driverinrome.com/.

Have a wonderful time, we sure did. One note: it will not be cost-effective for less that 5 or 6 people, but you will see more and not feel rushed. We had 16 people in Villefranche and paid about $75 p/p for the tour. Of that group, 6 of us knew each other before the cruise and we met the others on the boards here. The ship wanted $60 for a 4-hour tour and $115 for 8 so we felt we did well.

Hi Terri:

I have similar questions too. I am taking my mother-in-law who is 84, cannot walk too well. We have used minivan tours before, but with this ship, what they offer is quite expensive. Wonder if anyone wants to share some trip costs?

Archived