Lunch recommendations?

Warmer Climes

We went to Hammerheads Bar on the waterfront a couple of weeks ago -- they have excellent fish and chips. Didn't try any island fare as we were goners once we saw the fish and chips. Terrific bartender and great views of the water.

Kathy:)

We went to Hammerheads Bar on the waterfront a couple of weeks ago -- they have excellent fish and chips. Didn't try any island fare as we were goners once we saw the fish and chips. Terrific bartender and great views of the water.

Kathy:)

Have to 2nd Hammerheads we were there in March.. Fish and Chips was great..

2768758930100989971S600x600Q85.jpg

So was the Jerk Chicken.. not authentic.. but good and spicy..:D

2199057560100989971S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the view from our table;)

2693965360100989971S600x600Q85.jpg

We went to Corita's Copper Kettle on Edward's St (I believe) a couple weeks ago when we were in port. Most everything else mentioned in this thread is a tourist spot...you won't get anything "authentic" at any of them. We were the only tourists in Corita's, but they were very accomodating and gracious. Menu is on the table, under the plexiglass. There's also specials that they'll tell you about. I had the Mahi-Mahi special, Caymanian style in a sort of sweet and sour tomato-based sauce with peppers and onions, served with rice and beans and a kind of potato salad and plantains. My companion had the fried mixed seafood and fries and it was the best she's ever had. Great homemade lemonade, too. If you want something quaint and actually prepared and frequented by Caymanians, try this place. Also great for breakfast, I hear.

We went to Breezes, which was pretty nice. I got a jerk chicken sandwich, which was not very spicy at all, but was tasty in and of itself... it just didn't qualify as "jerk." :) Hubby got this seafood dish with all kinds of things in a creamy-tomato sauce... I had a little... it was REALLY good. :)

http://www.breezesbythebay.com/

Archived