have you ever played a joke on your waiter?

We have also had tons of fun on our cruises. And each year I usually send a unique Chiristmas card. That said , one year on formal night dressed to the nines my family posed for a beautiful portrait donning fake rotten false teeth. The photographer was bent over laughing so hard he could hardly take the picture. It got a lot of remarks from our Christmas list too.

I have plans for a few "special" pictures on Jewel in 9 days too! But you will have to wait until I get back on the 23rd to see them.:D

Last month on the Explorer we had a group of 42 and it was alot of peoples first cruise. Well my aunt never saw a waiter clean the bread crumbs in between the main course and dessert and she thought it was very nice! Well to that fact my aunt is a big comedian all the time so the one night she told our waiter "I'll have a surprise for you by the end of the week" and on the 2nd to last day of the cruise at dinner she went to the Windjammer and took about 15 packets of crackers and after the main course she opened all the crackers and smashed them with her hands and threw them all over the table so he had to clean them up! The waiter was laughing so hard and said it was the best and funniest thing someone has ever done to them! We had such a good time with our waiter and would love to have him again!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find this story amusing at all.:eek: She created unnecessary work for him. And of course he laughed. He probably felt that his tips were at stake if he didn't play along.

On our first cruise we were so impressed how the head waiter could be so organized and have our "special requests" or drinks waiting for us when we got there each night. Mid way through the cruise Our asst. waiter let us in on a little secret, that the head waiter had made notes as to who sits where and always starts the order taking with the same person each night. That's when the table decided to play a joke on him. When both the asst. waiter and head waiter left to retrieve the first course, all the wives changed seats so that we were not sitting next to our own husbands. The Matre'd witnessed this whole seat exchanging and moved closer to our table to watch the waiter's reaction. At first the head waiter didn't realize what we had done until he started handing out plates. After a moment of confusion and a good laugh he managed to pass out everything to the correct person and received around of applause from not only our table, but from the Matre'd as well. We had planned to return to our original seats after finishing the appetizer, but before we could switch back the photographer came by - It was couples photo night. Not being in on the joke, the photographer thought we were all paired off with our spouses and proceeded to take our photos. We didn't correct him and our photos hung on the wall for the rest of the cruise with the wrong spouses. We all got a big laugh out of that.

We had a lot of fun while cruising in Hawaii. Our tablemates had some fun ideas for our 12 night sailing. We did the usual trading of seats after we ordered our dinner. But we also made silly face pictures on circle shaped paper and put them under our plates. When our waiter removed our plates they were found underneath. We also ordered a retirement cake for a person at our table but it was really for our waiter who was retiring. We made him sit down and we all sang to him. I know that meant alot to him. On our last night we cleared our own table as soon as our wait staff wasn't looking. You should have seen how fast they moved when they saw us. They were laughing and said they never had anyone do that before. We also made it look like there was a person in our bed for our cabin steward and we filled the washroom with balloons.

Great stories everyone.

Vanessa

Love the stories...and we thought we were the only ones to hide the silverware. We just did this on our cruise last week. The assistant waiter came over to get the silverware and did a double take when the silverware was not there. After he came back from the kitchen, we had the whole pile of the silverware in the middle of the table.

On one of our cruises, the waiter played a joke on my husband. My husband wasn't sure what to order for dessert. Thewaiter told him he had something special for him. He came back with 2 Raspberry Panna Cotta (Italian pudding served on an almond butter cookie with raspberry coulis). We were laughing so hard the head waiter came over to our table. We thought the waiter was going to get in trouble but no the head waiter made the bikini bottom. People were coming from other tables to check it out.....

151723439_Dessert1.jpg.98871702d413d682051086f7a9df9e93.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I don't find this story amusing at all.:eek: She created unnecessary work for him. And of course he laughed. He probably felt that his tips were at stake if he didn't play along.

Kelly, I am with you. I also was horrified by the "towel" man in the bathroom --- could cause a heart attack. Maybe my sense of humour meter is on low tonight but I found very little amusing in these tales. In fact, I feel sad for the poor crew who try so hard to do a good job and provide a dignified dining environment then are faced with bizarre behaviour from the guests.

Kathy:(

Kelly, I am with you. I also was horrified by the "towel" man in the bathroom --- could cause a heart attack. Maybe my sense of humour meter is on low tonight but I found very little amusing in these tales. In fact, I feel sad for the poor crew who try so hard to do a good job and provide a dignified dining environment then are faced with bizarre behaviour from the guests.

Kathy:(

The "towel" man in the bathroom was done well after we got to know our room steward, and it was much appreciated by him. He even a) Told us he had brought his supervisor in to see it because he thought it so funny; and b) Put it in the bedroom part of our room, sitting on a chair with his arm on the desk.

We would only have done something like that to someone whose "sense of humour meter" is higher.

A few years ago on the Horizon, we ended up with two other fantastic couples as table maters. On the first night we asked if anyone had a birthday on that cruise so we would get the extra cake. Nobody qualified, so we decided that we had to celebrate something, and we came up with the idea of celebrating the birthday of our wonderful waitress named Cassandra (and the assistant). It wasn't their birthday at all, but we figured they had to celebrate all the many ones of the passengers, so it ought to be their turn. Our next port of call was Key West, and each couple had assignments. One got lots of decorations. Another bought a cake (we might be the only ones in the history of cruising that bought a cake and took it on to the ship!-interesting footnote-they flip when they run in through the security machine), and another got flowers. All of us got humorous cards and gag gifts like a whoopie cushion etc. The assistant maitre D for our section was in on it, and let us decorate the table ahead of time. Guests and wait staff from nearby tables were also part of the gag. When the appointed time came and we entered the dining room, we then had the waitress and assistant sit in our chairs. I do a napkin trick where it comes out looking like a bra, and I put that around he neck.. All those in the area plus waiters from other sections came over and we sang happy birthday. We had the cake with her name on it. And so on. It was an absolute blast.

Incidentally, all three of us couples got invited to dine at the captain's table later on. At first only one couple was invited, but we said all or none, and so we all went.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

last year we were on mariner of the seas, our waiter was a nice guy but he was pepper happy. he insited that were all liked pepper, our table mates did not want pepper on their food, but he still did it anyway. the next night my husband brought a peice of duct tape to our table. we quickly took the pepper grinder and place the duct tape on the bottom of it. we were all trying not to laugh but when he tried to grind the pepper, none came out. the poor waiter looked so confused until he turned it over and saw the tape. he got the hint finally, after that he was very careful with the pepper mill. we all laughed even the waiter:D

Archived