Pre Cruise Hotel in Ft Lauderdale

qdog123

We stayed 3 nights in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea before our cruise, which was out of Miami. Can highly recommend the Blue Seas Courtyard. Gorgeous hacienda-style motel. Book direct www.blueseascourtyard.com Very reasonably priced, large room with full kitchen. Just across the street from the beach and a couple of minutes walk to great restaurants.

Try Valuetrips.com: They have a newly renovated Hyatt Place that is very close to the port and offers free transportation to the port. Another convenient hotel with good rates is the Comfort Inn on S. Federal Hwy, but reviews are mixed on Trip Advisor.

In November we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 before our cruise. It was very nice and very clean. From our tower room balcony we could see cruise ships in port.

It has a stop for the water taxi as well, which came in real handy. It is about a one or two minute ride to the port.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We booked on Priceline for about $125/night (Thanksgiving day)

I got a lot of great recommendations for hotels near Port Everglades from this board.

Problem I ran into was that I need a room in mid-January and many folks got great deals on great rooms at other times of the year.

It was very frustrating to try and find a reasonably priced room during the high season.

We ended up at the Sleep Inn and Suites FLL SE 5th Street. There was a Walgreens and a Publix grocery right next door and accomodations were more than adequate.

Good luck!!

We stayed 3 nights in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea before our cruise, which was out of Miami. Can highly recommend the Blue Seas Courtyard. Gorgeous hacienda-style motel. Book direct www.blueseascourtyard.com Very reasonably priced, large room with full kitchen. Just across the street from the beach and a couple of minutes walk to great restaurants.

That place looks fun. I wish I would have known about it before booking our room on priceline. How far is lauderdale by the sea from the cruise port and what is it like there?

Archived