price drop

Lisa S.

I just chece the cost of my cruise has dropped 20 pp and we do not cruise till 10/22. My cruise is totally paid for already. If I call Carnival is there any thing I can do get them to match the price (on board credit,or Credit card credit) at this date.

Thanks

Lisa

though the cruiselines sometimes will offer a cabin credit if the price drops, they are under no obligation to do so. The lower price is usually to fill empty cabins.

For those that think they should always give you the lower price, should they charge you MORE if the price goes up?

For those that think they should always give you the lower price, should they charge you MORE if the price goes up?
If the cruiselines were consistent in how they handle price drops, this wouldn't be an issue. Sometimes they give refunds, sometimes they give shipboard credits, sometimes they give upgrades, sometimes they do nothing. If they had a policy set in stone, and followed it, there would be no need for guesswork. As long as there is the possibility they will do something, I think we passengers have every right to ask.

Only 30 days before the cruise and you can get a full refund? Are you sure about that? My Carnival brochure reads that for a 7 or 8 day cruise you must cancel 71 days prior. If you cancel 30 - 70 days prior, you lose your deposit. I tried to pull up the Carnival website to see if there's been some new revision to their policy, but it says the website is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance (I think it's said that for about three days now).

Cruisemom, in writing from our pvp at Carnival we have 30 days before to cancel. One of the couples that is going on this cruise with us booked this cruise for that reason only because of dh health problems. As it turns out after doctor appt. Friday they will be calling Carnival pvp tomorrow to cancel

Archived