Norwegian Sun/Internet Cafe

love2travel2006

It's the same cost on any ship:

Be sure to give your friends and family back home email address or you can give them your personalized Cruise-email address (located on your cruise ticket) so you can stay in touch throughout your cruise.

All our ships are equipped with 24 hour Internet Cafés hosted by MTN, and offer the following services.

Service Price Terminal usage time

$0.75 per minute

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Personalized Cruise-mail™

$3.95 per email transmission (send only)

$0.99 offered in the staterooms only through the ITV television on the NCL Jewel, Pride of America and Pride of Hawaii

In Stateroom Access - currently available

on the Norwegian Sun, Pride of Aloha and

Pride of America.

Normal usage fee $0.75 per minute.

Dial up access: Diskettes for dial up network access and cable is $10 (available at reception desk - fee refundable when diskette is returned)

Wireless Internet Service for laptop usage

Time Package Plan:

250 minutes for $100 ($0.40 per minute)

100 minutes for $55 ($0.55 per minute)

Pay as you go $0.75 per minute

Wireless card - $10 per day (if required) Wireless card Insurance - $3.00 per day (optional)*

Laptop rentals

Laptop rental -- Complimentary with the purchase of a Time plan.

Laptop insurance - $3 per day

Access to printers

$0.50 per page

There are internet cafes at each port of call (minus the private Island) for very reasonable prices. We had to stay in touch due to a family member in the hospital and that was the easiest way to hear from people. I think we paid $1/hr in Roatan, $2/hr in Belize and $3/hr in Cozumel.

Thanks for the information :) Just curious, if I were to use the internet on board, I could use an ordinary account, such as yahoo, right?

As long as you have your access code you will be able to use Yahoo

We used Google - much easier to access than our main email account.

The Google has less "junk" mail - we just make sure everyone knows not to email unless it's necessary - no huge joke files etc.. Depending on your use.

The Internet on the Sun is painfully slow. I'd have to say it's even slower than dial-up (but I guess that's understandable since you're in the middle of nowhere). So just be prepared for that if you're popping in to check quickly on your way to a show or something it will take longer than you expect (and cost more).

Has anyone done this before, and is there a fee?
I have done it when necessary. And whenever I've had to look at how much it costs, I am reminded why I do it only when necessary.

As crazydaisy90 says, you are much better off using shoreside internet cafes, if your schedule allows. They almost always offer much faster connections, too.

Archived