Labadee Beach Excursion

Liesel

We will be taking the Mariner for a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise. We are 60+ . My question is what to do at Labadee Beach. I am thinking of just going to the beach and laying in the shade on a beach chair and walking the beach, etc. Is the Castaway at Malfini Beach worth the $60.00 or would it be just as nice to go to the general beach on your own.

Thanks for your response.

A couple we cruise with love the Malfini Beach Experience.....we have never justified the cost...here is what we do just for example.

Get over there on Labadee about 9 a.m. Get a couple of chairs in the shade. Hit the water for about an 1 hour. Sun a bit....swim (we like the 2nd Beach the best)....and then leave our stuff (not money)...and go walk towards Dragons Breath...walk up on Dragons Breath....walk down the "other" side of Labadee and watch the zipliners....swimmers, etc. end up at the BBQ lunch spot. Shop at the market on the way back......go back...sit/sun...swim...and go back to ship! Keeps us pretty busy!

Lou

We've been there (Labadee) twice now and didn't even know another beach was available. Of course, the zip line wasn't there when we were so maybe the extra beach wasn't even available then either.

But we were able to fill the day nicely regardless.

IMO, it would have to be a VERY special beach, to pay $60.00? to go to. Especially when there is plenty of sun and sand right where you are. But then, I don't know what else is offered for that $60.00, if anything.

Actually there are 3-4 beaches....plus the big one on the ocean side. And for $60 you get a drink when you land in a real coconut...you get pampered...you get beach toys to play with and the such. A bit of pampering!

Ah...honey...could you go get me a drink???? Now that's pampering! (and cheap!)

Lou

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the info on Malfini Beach excursion. I will definitely go on my own.

Being new to this, my question is, do I have to bring my own towel to the beach or can I take R.C.'s. I hate to have to pack a beach towel.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the info on Malfini Beach excursion. I will definitely go on my own.

Being new to this, my question is, do I have to bring my own towel to the beach or can I take R.C.'s. I hate to have to pack a beach towel.

Hi,

Labadee is the equivalent of a beach escape. You walk off the tender and find a nice spot to settle down. (Bring a couple of dollars to tip the men who set up your beach chairs). We prefer Barefoot Beach or Hideaway beach on the bay side facing the ship. Lunch is included, but you'll have to use your sea pass for drinks. There is a Haitian flea market, with very aggressive vendors, which you'll need cash for. Behind the flea market building is a smaller, fixed price, artisan's market, which also only takes cash.

There is no need to book an excursion unless you want to. We did the banana boats once simply because it looked like fun and my kids were looking for a bit more activity than swimming. (I'm not sure if they still offer banana boat rides).

RCI privides one pool/beach towel per passenger in your cabin each day. You can bring it onshore, but you must bring it back and place it on the floor of your cabin's bathroom to be exchanged for by your steward for clean ones, or exchange it yourself at the towel room on the pool deck. You will be charged $20 if you lose a towel.

I haven't been to Malifini, yet, but we have it booked. It sounds like paradise to me. Here's a recent post from schusize

"Fourth stop was Labadee. It was mouth dropping. I had never seen mountains jutting up from the sea, green and lush. All of us took the Castaway Tour of Malfini Beach. Only 20 are allowed. When the boat takes you around the bend, it looks like something out of Jurassic Park. The best word to describe it would be, stunning. Simply stunning. The beach itself is very small and a bit of a let down at first. But, there are rafts for you to float out on, 20 feet from the beach, brain coral and fish are for the taking. If you should take this tour, make sure to bring your own towel, mask, and cash. There are 3 workers there and they will make all sorts of drinks. Some served in coconuts. They were all about $5 each. Beer was $4. The water was so clear; you could see 40 to 50 feet down. Just stunning. After 3 hours approximately, we headed back to the Labadee beach area. This is a fun area to visit but I missed Malfini."

And here's a pic

304522692_ca22763c84.jpg?v=1182031016

Archived