Reserv. with Mario - trying to confirm rez - no email response

LeslieSJ

I know there are problems emailing him sometimes but I was able to set up my reservation and get a reply several months ago. Now using the same email set-up I can't get a response from him to confirm the reservation for the end of this month. Should I be concerned or just show up and assume he or another driver will be at the appointed place on the pier? I'll take the email I got from him saying we were good to go.

Has anyone who has done an excursion with him confirmed beforehand or once you hear back that you're booked do you not bother?

We used mario 4 weeks ago. Don't worry about it. You are good to go as long as you got a reply from him saying you are set up. We did not confirm with him before we left. We did have to send in a deposit but we had a large group. I would just bring a copy of the e-mail with. You will have a great time.

We Confirmed With Him, He Said We Were All Set. When We Arrived He Was Over Booked And Our Party Of 15 Was Shuttled Onto Another "bus" By A Representative Of My Friend Mario, To Make A Long Story Short This Bus Was Just A Taxi And Was Trying To Charge Us $50 A Person For Just Driving Us To Two Places. When We Came Back Home I Emailed Mario And Supposedly It Was Our Fault Because Someone Was Waiting For Us Till 8:15am. We Were There By 7:50am, And They Knew Our Group Was Waitng And Told Us They Overbooked. He Tried To Turn It On Us, I Had The Prinited Confirmation And Everything. Bad Experience With His Tour Group We Did Make The Best Of Our Day Though.

Fungirls, sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Like I said, we had a great time. We did have a large group and we did ask Mario for our own bus.

LeslieSJ I would just keep trying to reach Mario if you are worried. I know he has problems with some e-mails. It took him a week to get back to us. I also know they have an agent in Indiana.

I guess I'll try again and then just take a copy of the email he sent saying he had booked us for that date. Hope FUNGIRLS experience was an anomaly -- I don't think I've seen anything like that before on these boards regarding Mario.

Fingers crossed!

We Booked Mario Because We Read All The Good Stuff On This Board. When I Had The Email In My Hand To Show The Guy He Didn't Even Want To Look At It. He Said Mario Overbooked And Calls On These Other People When He's In Abind. I Would Continue To Email Him And Make Sure He Is Not Overbooked And Be There A Little Before The Schedule Time. We Were There Before Scheduled Time But I Didn't Check On Him Being Overbooked. I Just Assumed He Wouldn't Be. We Did Make The Best Of It. We Did Book Charlie Soto For Costa Rica Because We Read About Him Also On Cruise Critic. It Was A Great Day And Worth Every Penny. I Think We Were Just Bummed We Didn't Have The Same Experience In Panama.

I'll keep trying to reach him by email until we leave.

Fungirls I have a question -- I'm curious and hope this doesn't offend -- does your computer automatically capitalize the first letter of every word you type or do you do that yourself? Just wondering!

Archived