DVD players in Princess Star balcony cabins?

Underthestars13

I have a couple questions about DVD players and DVD availability on the Star:

1. Does this ship has DVD players in the cabins? (We we be in a balcony cabin on Baja Deck)

2. If cabins do have DVD players, does the ship's library lend DVD's or rent them?

3. Has anyone brought their own DVD's and found they were glad they did for those few "down times" to take a break in your cabin?

Thanks,

Underthestars13

I have a couple questions about DVD players and DVD availability on the Star:

1. Does this ship has DVD players in the cabins? (We we be in a balcony cabin on Baja Deck)

2. If cabins do have DVD players, does the ship's library lend DVD's or rent them?

3. Has anyone brought their own DVD's and found they were glad they did for those few "down times" to take a break in your cabin?

Thanks,

Underthestars13

The only DVD players supplied by Princess are in full suites, other categories do not have them for use.

There are no DVD players or DVD's to rent anywhere onboard.

I suggest you bring a portable DVD player and DVD's for your own enjoyment from home.

The TV does have front A/V inputs for a dvd or game console. I had considered taking my portable DVD with me, more for use on the flight, but never bothered. I found a nap was a better use of the limited downtime we decided to have LOL.

The TV does have front A/V inputs for a dvd or game console. I had considered taking my portable DVD with me, more for use on the flight, but never bothered. I found a nap was a better use of the limited downtime we decided to have LOL.

On the new flat screen TV's the AV plugs are way in the back upside down and almost inaccesible. :eek:

only full-suites have dvd players,and you can check out movies(2)per day,they have a good selection of new and older dvd's, in your situation i would bring my laptop or dvd player and movies and games to play during downtime,have a great cruise:);)

We were on the Grand a couple of weeks ago and our balcony cabin had the TV's with the front AV inputs.. it was real easy to switch input sources and use our portable DVD player to catch up on the 3rd season of Lost !

Gary

Anybody know if you can hook up to the tv's on the caribbean princess? Not worried about it if we have good weather, but if we have bad weather we are tv movie junkies and would like to be able to watch movies. Thanks.

Yes only the newer Crown/Emerald/Ruby have the flat screens with the jacks in the back.

The Caribbean has the old style TV's with the jacks in the front. :)

We always bring our DVD player and a good selection of movies and sitcoms. We just were on the Emerald for 20 days and we watched a few movies, but more sitcoms. Nothing like watching Friends while getting ready -- plus I often find the repeated movies shown on the t.v. to get boring after a while.

The Emerald has flat screens and the plug ins are at the back; however the t.v. swivels and we had no problem plugging in the cables, mind you I did have to stand on the chair to do it.

Archived