Question re: Glory and Nassau

Baxter

Hi all

According to our documents, we are in Nassau from 8:30 to 2:00. Does that mean we would need to be on the ship at 2, or that the ship leaves at 2? Just trying to arrange excursions, and don't want to cut it close.

It is posted in the Capers that everyone is to be back on board at 1:30 p.m. On my December cruise I didn't get off the ship in Nassau, at about 1:45 I sat on the lido deck to watch people saunter, run and stagger back to the ship from 1:45 til about 2:20 when we finally departed. But if I were you I'd make my plans to be back on board by 1:30 in case the captain wasn't feeling so generous as he obviously was at Christmas :D

We were in port in nassau beside Glory and watched it leave about 2:30 and then about 20 mins later we watched come back in port because some people missed the boat!! One of our crew members told us that it cost about $3000 to come back and that the late people were responsible for it.I wonder if thats really true??:eek:

When we were there in Nov '06 there were plenty of people racing to get back on board by 1:30. We went into town and did a self-guided walking tour (Queen's Staircase, Ft. Fincastle, Courthouse, etc) because we'd been there before (Nov '05) and had already been to Atlantis. We even had time to have lunch at Senor Frog's and do some shopping and we were still back on board by 12:30. There was a very drunk woman who fell into the water near the pier and had to be rescued as well as all those that didn't pay as much attention to the time the way they should have. It's always the most interesting port. Partly because you can sit aboard and watch (and hear)the Yellowbird pull back in and that's a show in itself with some people having partied a little too hard. There's always a joke by the CD about it that evening. Ship's excursions will have you back in time.

As for having to pay to come back in, I'm sure they do. The pilot has to go out twice and possibly reboard to come back in. That isn't free. The harbor pilot is an employee of the port, not Carnival.

When we were there in Nov '05 there were plenty of people racing to get back on board by 1:30. We went into town and did a self-guided walking tour (Queen's Staircase, Ft. Fincastle, Courthouse, etc) because we'd been there before and had already been to Atlantis. We even had time to have lunch at Senor Frog's and do some shopping and we were still back on board by 12:30. There was a very drunk woman who fell into the water near the pier and had to be rescued as well as all those that didn't pay as much attention to the time the way they should have. It's always the most interesting port. Partly because you can sit aboard and watch (and hear)the Yellowbird pull back in and that's a show in itself with some people having partied a little too hard. There's always a joke by the CD about it that evening. Ship's excursions will have you back in time.

As for having to pay to come back in, I'm sure they do. The pilot has to go out twice and possibly reboard to come back in. That isn't free. The harbor pilot is an employee of the port, not Carnival.

I wondered about them having to turn around and come back and being charged.As soon as the Glory left I believe the Disney Wonder left..The same harbour pilot guided them out also..guess he had to wait until the Glory got out of the way..Bet he had a smile on his face with all the extra money he made!

Archived