Dolphino snorkel for newbie? Advice needed.

Conanc

Hi,

I just purchased the last 2 Dolphino snorkels at Target for DH and myself on clearance for $3.98. They are model #CS-5650TG with dry top technology, purge valve and comfort formed mouthpiece -- for whatever that is worth :) I was looking for masks as well but this was all that they had left. We are snorkeling newbies and I'm not sure we'll even like it, so I thought at the VERY least, we'd have our own mouthpieces. We're going to the Mayan Riviera for a week in November and our resort offers free snorkeling excursions and I figured we could maybe use masks and fins there. Then we'll be off on a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. I thought we'd try these in Nov. and buy a mask for the cruise if we really like snorkeling. Does this sound good to you snorkeling pros out there, or are we possibly setting ourselves up for a negative experience based on equipment?

Thanks so much for any and all advice!

Mask won't be hard to fit. Put the mask on and suck your breath in. If it stays comfortablly, then it's ok. Every snorkling tour shoud have gear on board, so you need not to worry. Use the rental equipment and see if you like it enough to buy good equipment. Wear an old T-shirt to protect your back. Wearing tights type thing for the back of your legs is a good idea also. You get sunburn so easily while snorkeling without realizing it, so be careful.

Archived