proposal on ship in april

iggy38

my DS proposed 2 years ago to my now DIL ...he chose the captains nite, so everyone one was together and dresses up....we were all in one of the lounges..he brought her outside on the deck under the stars (jus the 2 of them) and proposed, but we set it up with the MC in lounge so when they came back in he announced their engagment...my DH shouted out champange for everyone....captains nite-----free drinks....lol....it was a blast...

my DS proposed 2 years ago to my now DIL ...he chose the captains nite, so everyone one was together and dresses up....we were all in one of the lounges..he brought her outside on the deck under the stars (jus the 2 of them) and proposed, but we set it up with the MC in lounge so when they came back in he announced their engagment...my DH shouted out champange for everyone....captains nite-----free drinks....lol....it was a blast...

I tried to suggest ideas for my brother for our upcoming cruise (his gf's first cruise and first big vacation), but he thinks shes expecting it so hes gonna wait...

Anyways... he wanted an occassion where he could be dressed up in a suit/tux, but figured if he ever did that she would know. My suggestion was for him to do it on a formal night on the cruise. She said she didnt want a lot of people around during it. My idea was to have the room made up a little early, like as they had a drink or two before dinner. I told him he should put the ring on a chain and have the CD (or whoever would be responsible for it) put it around the neck of the towel animal that night... and also do rose petals and roses around the room. He could say he forgot his camera, or s&s card or whatever, and ask if she could go back to the room to get it. He could follow behind her, and after she opens the door he could come in behind her. The idea was that she could have her private moment, but then they could go get their formal pictures taken afterwards, with the ring in the picture. I thought it was cute.

We had a couple who's table was next to us on our last cruise. On an excursion of the ruins he proposed to her on top of one of the temples... and then we took pictures for them afterwards. It was cute.

I like everything but leaving the ring in someone elses care.......

Way too dangerous to do. especially w/ all the cubic zirconia earings/rings/and loose "stones" they sell on the ship and in port...

I would like to think that it would still be safe...But you can't gaurantee that when someone that works for the ship is left with a very expensive stone, that they will do the right thing and not switch it..(which might not get noticed till its too late..great idea about the room and rose petal and all.....I think i'll have the room set like that for after I propose on our cruise

My last cruise one of our excursions was in Jamaica climbing the Dunn's River Falls. This guy proposed to his girlfriend somewhere on the way up. I thought that was so special. I didn't hear about it until we were all on our way back to the ship.

I was actually at a sporting event (Red Sox game) where a guy proposed to his finance. It wasn't on the Jumbo-tron, but I'm guessing that was probably his original plan. Anyway, apparently the girls said no, and then split the scene in embarrassment. The crowd all around him starting cheering and taunting the poor guy.

It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Lesson: It's a very private and singular moment in anyone's life. But "singular" does not mean it has to be a "spectacle".

On our cruise in May, a guy at the table next to us had a cute idea...and I would have never known about it had I not been facing his table...so it is private, yet a surprise.

He asked the waiter to have the ring delivered at desert (under the dome thing, like another poster suggested), however, when the dome was lifted up, someone (I would have to say the cake decorator or someone) had written, "Marry Me" on the plate in chocolate syrup. She shook and cried for what had to seem like forever to this scared guy, finally after asking him a million times, "Are you serious?", she said, "Yes!" But then she surprised HIM by saying, "Let's do it tomorrow in Belize!" :eek:

Aparently they worked out the details and did it! The next night, she showed her wedding ring to the other couples at her table.

Congratulations ahead of time, I'm sure she's going to love whatever you decide to do...but you know, since you put it in front of us...we want to see pics when you get back!:D (Um, let me clarify that, we want to see SOME of the pics, not all of them...somethings just need to stay private...LOL)

Archived