Island Princess bedding

jrobinso

I had heard that the ships were upgrading the bedding. We are on Island Princess in a BA category room. How are the mattresses now?? I was on Island in 2006, same category room, and found the mattress uncomfortable at that time. I was wondering if they had made any changes since then.

Thanks for your help.

Jan

I can only tell you that we found the bed to be the worst we've had on a cruise. We had the egg crate mattress and even rotated the mattress and nothing helped. We were in cabin C223 and there were several mattress out in the hall being replaced the day we disembarked. Hopefully, you get a cabin with a new mattress.

There has been a lot of discussion on the hard mattresses on Princess. Does anyone know how the mattresses are on the Coral Princess. We are in room D710. Should we order an egg crate ahead of time?

Thanks

last month I got 2 eggcrates and it was much better than the normal cement bed.

Did you need to order the eggcrates before your cruise?

Thanks

I ordered 1 eggcrate and feather pillows(which showed on the personalizer)and the room steward had no knowledge of either.I told him how hard the bed still was and he added the 2nd eggcrate.

There has been a lot of discussion on the hard mattresses on Princess. Does anyone know how the mattresses are on the Coral Princess. We are in room D710. Should we order an egg crate ahead of time?

Thanks

I was in D606 on the Coral in November 07 and got an egg crate for the first time. It was fine after the egg crate (which is not really egg crate, it's a foam pad):D . We are usually so tired, the mattress doesn't make a difference after the long days of activities!

Did you need to order the eggcrates before your cruise?

Thanks

Just ask for them from your steward. It doesn't hurt to tip a little too and get pretty much anything you ask for - feather pillows, nice towels, robes, large ice buckets, morning and night, etc... We've had so many nice steward's be so accomodating...

I was in D606 on the Coral in November 07 and got an egg crate for the first time. It was fine after the egg crate (which is not really egg crate, it's a foam pad):D . We are usually so tired, the mattress doesn't make a difference after the long days of activities!

We where on the Island in Oct. New bedding Duvet etc. but mattress like concrete slap first time ever had to get egg crate.

Ordering ahead most of time does not work also bed configuration Steward will take care of you.

I can only tell you that we found the bed to be the worst we've had on a cruise. We had the egg crate mattress and even rotated the mattress and nothing helped. We were in cabin C223 and there were several mattress out in the hall being replaced the day we disembarked. Hopefully, you get a cabin with a new mattress.

From what we have found, the hard mattresses ARE the new mattresses. The old ones were saggy and sometimes lumpy...............so if you got a hard mattress, that was the best you are going to get. They are great for those that are used to sleeping on an extra extra firm mattress, but not so great for the rest of us. :(

Last Sept/Oct, we were on the Island in a Dolphin deck mini-suite. We had the new linens but requested the regular hand towels and wash clothes (the new ones are ribbed and feel quite harsh. We had no problem with the mattress. I admit, we're used to a firm mattress at home but it's by no means "hard as a rock"... and neither was the Island mini-suite mattress. Just my personal opinion.

We just got back from Island cruise. Thought the mattress was hard at first but slept GREAT every night! We tipped the Steward too and he was most accomodating. He was out sick with fever and upper respiratory virus one day and then we got it as did 3/4 of the ship. :(

Archived