Bamboo Beach Club questions

cruiseaholic926

Do you know if there is any shade at the Bamboo Beach Club? From all of the pictures I hae seen it looks like there is little shade and I love to be on the beach under an umbrella or in the shade of trees.

Thanks!

I don't really remember seeing any umbrellas there, but there were these canapies and tents that you could sit under that provided a lot of shade. Also, there were huge almond trees all along the shore that people were sitting under - that's where we sat and it was wonderful.

I was at Bamboo Beach Club a few weeks ago and they were giving out all of the drinks in cups. However, we asked if we could have our beer in a bottle and they gave it to us - it was Red Stripe. I was there for my birthday and they treated us like gold. I can't remember how many bottles we drank, but the service was great and we had an excellent time.

• 2 weeks later...

Julia,

I wonder if we should question some of the responses about BBC where the number of posts are so few? I was originally interested in this as an viable option for OR. Now I wonder. I would like to see the comments from some experienced cruisers that have posted more than 4 times. I would like to see the actual experiences from seasoned travelers.

Julia,

I wonder if we should question some of the responses about BBC where the number of posts are so few? I was originally interested in this as an viable option for OR. Now I wonder. I would like to see the comments from some experienced cruisers that have posted more than 4 times. I would like to see the actual experiences from seasoned travelers.

I am new to cruise critic and only ever posted comments about Bamboo Beach Club because that's where we were on our last vacation. I am fortunate to be an avid traveler and have visited in Ocho Rios many times as well as almost all of the Caribbean islands and all over Europe. The reason Bamboo Beach stood out for me compared to other beaches, hotels, all-inclusive resorts, etc. that I've been to is because the service was amazing and the atmosphere was very fun. In my experience, workers in these Caribbean islands typically have a laid back attitude and don't always bring you things in a timely manner. This was not the case at the Beach Club. I've been to beaches in St. John, St. Thomas, and St. Barts that are much more beautiful than the one at Bamboo Beach Club, but the entertainment and special atmosphere they created made it more preferrable to me. I would definitely go back there - free beer, free food, entertainment, music, great service, good price - I can't think of anything better.

Julia,

Not sure, I still have a while before my cruise so will see if we find any other reports:rolleyes:

We went to the Bamboo Beach Club and the Dunns river Falls. We had an awsome time, Our tour guide was Roger. We were there in Jan 08 with our 8 y/o son who also had a great time on the beach.:)

Did they have anything particular for kids, and what was the childrens rate? Also, how was the swimming? The seaweed thing has me a little leary. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am looking forward to going to BBC... just a few questions first...

Can I just walk up (take a taxi?) to it, and pay to get in?

Can I pay with a credit card when I get there?

Is there any advantage to booking online before I leave on my trip?

If I schedule it in advance, what happens if the weather is rotten that day?

Thanks for your help, I leave in two weeks!

Hi all,

I am looking forward to going to BBC... just a few questions first...

Can I just walk up (take a taxi?) to it, and pay to get in?

Can I pay with a credit card when I get there?

Is there any advantage to booking online before I leave on my trip?

If I schedule it in advance, what happens if the weather is rotten that day?

Thanks for your help, I leave in two weeks!

Did you mean Bamboo Beach Club (your title said 'Bongo Beach Club')? If it is Bamboo - I also would like to know the answers to your questions. If not, where is Bongo Beach Club - haven't heard of it before - just curious? Hope we get some replies.

Archived