Just Back from Land/Sea

andismom

I just got back from 3 nights at Disney World and 4 nights on the Wonder. We had a great time. My daughter loved meeting all the Disney friends. Here is who you will see on the Wonder - save time and skip these in the parks - you will have time to see them on the ship.

Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Peter Pan, Alice, Wendy Darling, Captain Hook, Chip & Dale, Cinderella, Lilo & Stitch, Mr Smee, Ariel, Pluto, Belle and I got a signature on my picture frame from Max - can someone help me out who that is?

I took 700 pictures in the 7 days we were there! My daughter was celebrating her 5th birthday so we got a birthday button in the parks and she got a lot of extra attention from cast members.

I will be honest about what I thought of the cruise. My daughter loved it but it was not as relaxing for us - there is so much to do as a family that she didn't want to hang at the kids club very much - she might miss something! I am glad I tried Disney but I think next time I will do another Carnival. The shows were great, the characters were great, the kids clubs were very cool, the staterooms are larger - but the pools were so full my daughter didn't enjoy them, the food was only ok - have had much better on other ships, and well the price is more! I would rather do a longer cruise for the same price on another cruieline.

This said - I have my personal navigators from all 4 days if anyone has any questions.

Glad to hear you had a good time, and can understand the hectic part - we love WDW and are looking forward to our first cruise upcoming but I never think of it as exactly 'relaxing' because our kids, too, are energetic about it!

Quick question - what was the show on the second night? I heard that Hercules is gone but that an interim show is playing until Toy Story comes out in April. Tell me it ain't so!! I was so looking forward to one of the two :( If it is something different, did you go and was it good? When you only have a few days on board, you want to make the right decisions...

Thanks!

Spencerfam

PS - We can't wait to see Max! My kids love the two Goofy movies...you should check them out when your DD is a bit older.

Sunday - physical Comedy of Max Winfrey - we did not go

Monday - The Art of the Story

Tuesday - The Golden Mickeys , also Pirates IN the Caribbean Party later

Wednesday - Dreams, An Enchanted Classic - they claim this one got voted best show on the seas

All the shows were great - Dreams was our favorite. We got there 30 minutes early and got great seats. Only at Disney can the make it snow on us! Yes - we sat in the first section of seats and it snowed during one part!

My 5 year old also loved the Pirate Party.

I didn't see Max anywhere but in a program on the way to the ship - he was talking about the teen beach. Goofy was around at Castaway Cay but no Max - sorry. He signed only the stuff I left at the desk on the first night - we did not see him.

We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarters. It was nice but we were at the parks the whole time so we didn't get to enjoy it much!

We upgraded the 4 day park hopper pass that came with our package to 6 days with no expiration date and saved 3 days until next time.

We had no trouble using the Disney bus system. We even had time to do Downtown Disney Sunday morning. We left early and had breakfast at McDonalds there while waiting for 9 am when the shops opened. We only had 2 hours to shop - we had to be back at Port Orleans to get on the bus to the ship at noon.

Archived