My Neurosis Paid Off!

2boyzmom

OK- as it's 5 days from sailing and I thought let me double check a few things- first I called Hertz in Antigua to double check my reservation ( I have the confirmation in my hand) - lo and behold- nope- never heard of me or my reservation and no car for me! I called Hertz and raised holy hell! It seems they never "requested" the car locally. I did it all online which she said was the problem. So- I now have a smaller car but it'll work. Next- my american express bill arrived yesterday and my $186.50 charge for my bon voyage gifts was "refunded" to me. I called NCL- again- no record of my purchase. I never received an invoice last month when I ordered which made me nervous. So- I reordered and demanded an invoice which I received immediately. Motto of the story- it pays to be neurotic and double check and all will work out :)

OK- as it's 5 days from sailing and I thought let me double check a few things- first I called Hertz in Antigua to double check my reservation ( I have the confirmation in my hand) - lo and behold- nope- never heard of me or my reservation and no car for me! I called Hertz and raised holy hell! It seems they never "requested" the car locally. I did it all online which she said was the problem. So- I now have a smaller car but it'll work. Next- my american express bill arrived yesterday and my $186.50 charge for my bon voyage gifts was "refunded" to me. I called NCL- again- no record of my purchase. I never received an invoice last month when I ordered which made me nervous. So- I reordered and demanded an invoice which I received immediately. Motto of the story- it pays to be neurotic and double check and all will work out :)

I must be super neurotic then. I check, check and recheck so many times. I want to make sure nothing goes wrong!

you are so right about that. Make sure you check, make sure you have an invoice and check your CC bill. We just ran into the same thing when we cruised Princess a few weeks ago. Luckily I had all the correspondance. It took a couple of days, but we got what we had paid for.

Nita

I am called the anal one of my family, however I double and triple check everything.

I had to laugh about the guy who posted on here about his finding out the week he was suppose to cruise that NCL had no record of his cruise because his credit card was denied when he booked several months earlier - and he blamed it on NCL.

The paranoid survive!

I am called the anal one of my family, however I double and triple check everything.

I had to laugh about the guy who posted on here about his finding out the week he was suppose to cruise that NCL had no record of his cruise because his credit card was denied when he booked several months earlier - and he blamed it on NCL.

The paranoid survive!

Agreed!

I have to agree with double checking everything - our flights to Hawaii have changed times 4 times and the seat assignments 3 - each time they seem to move us to the last seats on the plane. If I didn't check all the time (and we still have 60 days to go) I shudder to think where they would have us - maybe strapped to the wings!

I never thought I would actually have to call Antigua directly. You'd think Hertz had their act together!!

Hertz, is not the only ones, not to have "their act together"...Take a real strong look at what's standing behind the counter, and how much their age, education, and desire to suceed" exist in their eyes...

If you think that is neurotic, then my DH has turned it into an Olympic sport and has scored an 11 out of 10!

If you think that is neurotic, then my DH has turned it into an Olympic sport and has scored an 11 out of 10!

I live with the opposite- so darn "laid back" we'd miss the ship if it wasn't for me. He drives me nuts but opposities truly do attract!

Archived