Enchantment Itinerary change 11/6/08

dres40

:( What a bummer. The itinerary has been changed for this 4 day cruise from Key West and Cozumel to CoCoCay and Nassau.

We are going to Carnival's private Island and Nassau on our March cruise so we don't want to do such a similar Itinerary. What stinks is that the Enchantment is still going to Key West and Cozumel the two weeks before and the week after 11/6/08. My DD has that Thurs. and Friday off from school so this cruise was perfect.

I know the cruise line is entitled to change ports, but I had to find this out on my own. I was checking for price drops and saw the change. No Email or call from Royal. I was told the change was made on Jan. 7.

Oh well, at least we didn't book airfare yet. We are changing our plans and going to Universal in FL. Still a fun time but not a cruise....

:( What a bummer. The itinerary has been changed for this 4 day cruise from Key West and Cozumel to CoCoCay and Nassau.

We are going to Carnival's private Island and Nassau on our March cruise so we don't want to do such a similar Itinerary. What stinks is that the Enchantment is still going to Key West and Cozumel the two weeks before and the week after 11/6/08. My DD has that Thurs. and Friday off from school so this cruise was perfect.

I know the cruise line is entitled to change ports, but I had to find this out on my own. I was checking for price drops and saw the change. No Email or call from Royal. I was told the change was made on Jan. 7.

Oh well, at least we didn't book airfare yet. We are changing our plans and going to Universal in FL. Still a fun time but not a cruise....

Were you looking on RC's website and saw the change? I know I have checked my cruise on other sites and seen a different itinerary for the same cruise I have booked. I wonder why they would change the itinerary, especially for a cruise that is so far off??? Sorry to hear that for you! :( I sail on her 11/24 and hope mine does not change, am going to Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. Last year I did the Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman route.

Were you looking on RC's website and saw the change? I know I have checked my cruise on other sites and seen a different itinerary for the same cruise I have booked. I wonder why they would change the itinerary, especially for a cruise that is so far off??? Sorry to hear that for you! :( I sail on her 11/24 and hope mine does not change, am going to Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. Last year I did the Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman route.

Yes, I was looking on RC's website and then I called and talked with a supervisor to make sure it was not an error.

Just out of curiosity, I checked an online booking site and it still had the old itinerary.

Hope your cruise is great and no changes!

Yes, I was looking on RC's website and then I called and talked with a supervisor to make sure it was not an error.

Just out of curiosity, I checked an online booking site and it still had the old itinerary.

Unfortunately this happens all the time and be happy it was far enough away that you had the choice of whether to still sail or not. They just change our TA from Falmouth to Plymouth in England.

Did they say WHY it was changed? Wonder why they already know it is changed, I mean it is late in the year and they already know they are changing it, so we know it isn't a mechanical thing...

Did they say WHY it was changed? Wonder why they already know it is changed, I mean it is late in the year and they already know they are changing it, so we know it isn't a mechanical thing...

The supervisor I talked with could not tell me why the change was made, just the when (1/27/08).

• 7 months later...

I realize this post is rather old and I apologize to any who might be upset at re-hashing it - but I wish to God I had seen this post BEFORE I made final payment!

I am on this sailing, along with 3 other couples, and I found out YESTERDAY that the itinerary has been changed. Yesterday! And only then, because I received our docs in the mail. No call from RCCL, no letter, no e-mail. When I made the final payment for my trip and the other 7 going, I point-blank asked if there were any changes to the cost, to room assignments, or itinerary. I even said "We go to Key West on Friday and Cozumel on the Saturday, right?" and the CSR on the line said "Yes".

Now I feel utterly defeated. This cruise was planned and booked in June 2007. We have paid in full. We have paid for non-refundable airline tickets, we have paid for non-refundable hotel rooms. All 8 of us have taken time off work. It would be next to impossible to make changes now - it would certainly be EXPENSIVE to make changes now! I feel like trading Key West and Cozumel for CocoCay and Nassau is an uneven exchange.

I am usually the Royal Caribbean cheerleader, but my confidence is shaken. When I called to find out what had happened, no one could tell me why the change was made and it took 10 minutes to even find out WHEN. When I asked why I was not notified long ago (in time to change my reservation) they said they e-mailed everyone (I didn't receive any e-mail). One person I spoke to said the e-mail was sent in January, the other person said August.

My husband and I have already done the CocoCay/Nassau run on the Majesty and we have no desire to return. My husband cannot enter saltwater (medical reasons), so CocoCay is rather a wash to us. We tried to go to Cozumel once before but the stop was cancelled due to a hurricane 2 weeks prior to our cruise. We just really wanted to go to Mexico and Key West!

I understand they can and do make port substitutions and I understand, especially when it involves the safety of the passengers and crew. But this seems like a complete lack of communication.

I am so disappointed, I cannot even express it! I'm writing to vent - Thank you fellow cruisers! - but also I find myself wondering if anyone else on this cruise is unaware of the change. I'd hate to think anyone else was in the same shoes as me. But if you are on this cruise - can you tell me when and how YOU were told of the itinerary change?

That is very disappointing Pam, but you really haven't looked at the itinerary since you booked it x number of months ago? That is a bad change. Our roll call for our Nov. cruise keeps an eagle eye on itinerary changes, we certainly don't count on Royal Caribbean to notify us. I'm very sorry about the unpleasant surprise. Your final payment was probably in September?

If you check the RCCL site, it shows the Enchantment going to Key West, Cozumel, and then a sea day for the 4-day Caribbean cruise. ONLY if you actually click on the Nov 6 date does it show the change. Sadly, I went only to the Caribbean sailing and checked the price for Outside Cabins. Since it never went below what we paid, no, I didn't click on the Nov 6 date. I never dreamed they would have made a change so far ahead of time and not notified me.

Final payment was due around the 7th of Sept., but I paid around the middle of August. When I verified with the customer service rep who took the final payment, that cost, room and itinerary was the same, I just believed him. It honestly didn't occur to me to go to the RCCL site and double-check.

Today, if you go to travelocity and look for a cruise on Enchantment leaving Nov 6 it tells you its going to Key West and Cozumel still.

Someone from Customer Service is meant to call me tomorrow afternoon, but I just can't see what they can do. There are no other ships that I can find leaving either the 5th or 6th and the group is committed financially and with our jobs to sticking to that departure date.

I think I am just disappointed in RCCL for the lack of concern. Had they notified me even up until the beginning of August, I could have changed the booking to the cruise just prior or just after and had the itinerary we all wanted.

Thanks for listening!

You're right - it does show Nassau and CocoCay - but only if you click all the way through to the Nov 6 cruise. Don't you find it odd that embedded in the listing for the 4 Day Western Caribbean Cruise is one date, and only one date, that is going to the Bahamas? And if you do a search on RCCL for Bahamas cruises from Oct to Dec 2008, Enchantment does not come up. And if you go to Travelocity and try to book a Nov 6 cruise on the Enchantment, it still tells you you are going to Key West and Cozumel?

Hindsight being 20/20, you all are RIGHT, I should have acted as if I was booking the entire cruise in order to check it. In future, I'll know better. I just really thought the burden of advising of changes to a booked cruise was on the cruiseline, not on me. Naive???? :o

That's really too bad. I hope you make the best of it, and Have a great cruise with your friends anyway. It is a disappointing schedule change. :o :) It should be on the cruise line, but they are really poor about it. The information seems to be posted here, way before the cruise line notifies anyone. Cancelled cruises, dropped ports and even time changes.

I Know this does not help the OP out much but here is somethig I dicovered........

I just did some checking on RCCL site..They do not have any of the normal ships going to Nassau or Cococay for that time period hmmm....:rolleyes:

Monarch gets in to MIA on the 1st of Nov. but has no sailings after that until Nov. 10.... Majesty does not list a 3 or 4 night for the Nov. 6 Sailing .. Majesty could be chartered or something and Royal has to keep a ship in port each week.:confused:

Archived