Mario - finally heard back & he's cancelling :(

LeslieSJ

I tried several times to get a confirmation on our reservation for 2/25/08 which we made many months ago. Finally did hear back yesterday -- used a different email account so maybe my server at work was the problem. Anyway, the reply was that sadly we are the only two booked for the tour of the canal + beach (CL003) and so they will be cancelling it if no one else signs up.

They offered two other options (more expensive of course) :

1. Canal + Snorkel around a secluded island (without facilities) for US$65

per person, We have 4 friends booked

2. Rainforest, Colonial fort and Canal for UD$60 per person, exist a

secluded beach (without facilities) bordering with the rainforest and can

stop ther to enjoy a bit of the beach.

we have 6 friends booked

I guess at this late date I need to just pick one and hope my email gets back to him. I'm disappointed and wish they had let us know a little sooner that the cancellation could happen so I could've been able to figure out plan "b" without feeling so rushed.

Since he didn't give tour #s with those two choices I'm not completely sure which they are but does either sound familiar and would anyone recommend or disuade me from either? The rain forest really does not interest me so I'm leaning towards #1 but being at a beach without facilities sounds maybe not so fabulous either. Any advice? Thanks.

I am not really sure but I believe the snorkeling is an island off of Portabella. I heard it was nice but never went there. I heard the rainforest is humid and not much animals. You should go into roll call for your cruise and see if you can get anybody else to sign up for the cl003 tour. I know there are bathrooms to use at the canal but I would want them at the beach too.

You should go into roll call for your cruise and see if you can get anybody else to sign up for the cl003 tour. I know there are bathrooms to use at the canal but I would want them at the beach too.

We had the same thing happen last year on our Carnival Liberty cruise. I posted it on our roll call and before long, we had about 40 people interested in the tour so Mario went ahead with it after all. We ended up with enough people that half went to the canal first and then the beach, while others went to the beach first.

Archived