Question about bringing beer

I was thinking about packing some bud light aluminum bottles or maybe cans, not sure yet? Will they be alright in checked luggage on the airplane?? Wasnt sure if anyone has done this or not and I didnt know if the pressures would make the beer explode or anything? I would wait and buy in Miami but we have a Carnival transfer from the airport so I assume we won't be stopping anywhere.

Thanks for the info!

I don't know if I'd risk it.

The cargo area isn't pressurized as well as the cabin so the pressure could affect the cans.

I had friends that tried to fly with a special beer. When they got their suitcase, the beer had all exploded and they spent their first day on the ship doing laundry.

Can you get to your port a bit early and purchase the beer there?

We had no problem getting beer on board. We stopped at a beverage store when we flew in and loaded one hardcased suitcase with 2 cases of budlight. The beer arrived at our cabin with no probs. Don't sweat it. I've never been pulled aside . And i've been on three cruises. Oh and at every port we stopped at we loaded up again and walked right into the ship with it.

We flew with 2 12-packs of beer in a suitcase we wrapped it in plastic bags, then again in a trash bag just in case of any leakage. It arrived just fine with no problems. Then we had an extra suitcase for souveniers. :)

Archived