Are Swim Diapers allowed in pool

frayedend

I've been on Norwegian, Disney, Royal Carribean. I don't ever remember having that salt water feeling when I exited the pool.
The water does get filtered before its put in the pool, so it might not feel like your typical ocean water.

I was in the pool (which definitely has salt water) on Majesty last summer and a couple who was about to enter asked me if it was salt or fresh, and I told them salt. The guy got in and told his wife/friend - it's fresh water. I guess it didn't 'feel' like it to him either.

Last year when we were on the Voyager a lady kept putting her baby in the pool. The pool attendants told her repeatedly to take him out and she would say "he has on a swim diaper" and procede to go back into the pool. Needless to say on our last day which was a day at sea the baby did something, not sure what, and had to close down the main pool for the rest of the day. Man did they chew her out. I have a 3 year old who was 2 at the time so I could sympathize. I can say though 2000 or so other people were pretty mad at her. There are signs posted eveywhere. There just doesn't seem like much activity available for little ones. Hope you still have fun on your cruise!

Also from the CDC:

"Do swim diapers or swim pants prevent fecal matter from entering the water?

Not likely.

Swim diapers are unlikely to prevent diarrhea (which may contain germs) from leaking into the pool. Even though diapers or swim pants may hold in some feces, they are not leak proof and can still contaminate the pool water. Therefore, it is recommended that you change your child often and make frequent trips to the toilet. Swim diapers or pants are not a remedy for frequent diaper changing."

From your statements above:

"I am willing to bet even a full swim diaper lets out less contamination than some of the unsanitary people that have nothing between them and the water but a thin piece of nylon."

"I just hope all of the people slamming me are just as clean as my kid."

I'm guessing you're right. With public pools there's always an increased risk at contamination. With that in mind...

Would you really want to risk your kid's health by exposing them to a public pool?

I've read on the Disboards that they do allow kids in swim diapers to swim in one ear of the mickey pool, but that is it. For anyone who is interested. I can certainly understand why noone wants a kid to contaminate a pool in an accident, but I can also see the side of it that a parent with a young one wants their kid to have a fun vacation too, and not be prohibited from certain activities. You'd think they could have a kiddie pool just for those kids in swim diapers like most city parks do.

Why do you feel the need to go into a whole big thing about how clean your baby is and with an attitude to boot. If you want your kid in the pool then go play in the kiddie pool, that's where kids belong or go on the Disney cruise. If I ever saw a child that wasn't trained in the pool I would go to the front desk and report it. I work all year to go on vacation and spend good money to do so, I don't need the pool closed down for days because you didn't have enough smarts that c*&p is c*&p. My aunt was on a RC when this blind girl who was traveling with her seeing eye dog decided he was hot and let him jump in the pool, needless to say the pool was closed down for 2 days.

Swallowing this fecally contaminated water is the primary mode for transmission of enteric pathogens in recreational water outbreaks."

:rolleyes:

My first thought was-------oh wow---way too much information! But--sometimes you really have to spell things out in order for others to comprehend. Thanks for taking the time to hopefully put this issue to rest, once and for all. :rolleyes: ( but somehow--I doubt it.) ;)

Thank God, this is the one rule that RCCL enforces.

I was on the 9/9 sailing of the Enchantment and there were several "swim diapered" toddlers in the swimming pool. The signs don't mean a thing unless someone complains. There are signs up everywhere that no glass allowed in the pools or hot tubs yet the bartenders had no problems delivereing buckets of Corona to people in the pool.

My almost 3 year old son has been on 4 cruises with RCCL and has never stepped foot in the pool.

As I said, I won't put my kid in the pool. I also did not know that they aren't chlorinated and wouldn't have considered it if I knew. Note that the CDC also mentioned high density of swimmers, which of course there will be on a cruise ship. I just hope all of the people slamming me are just as clean as my kid.

When you ask a question on the boards, you'd better be prepared for people to answer your question honestly. I'm sorry you didn't like the answers.

Beth

But--sometimes you really have to spell things out in order for others to comprehend. Thanks for taking the time to hopefully put this issue to rest, once and for all. :rolleyes: ( but somehow--I doubt it.) ;)

Actually, it was a quote from the CDC that spelled it out. ;) Unfortunately, people still ask the question without checking the proper sources. RCCL states no swim diapers or pull ups in the pool, THAT should be the end of the discussion.

Fecal contamination may be more likely to occur when there is a high density of bathers, particularly diaper- and toddler-aged children. Swallowing this fecally contaminated water is the primary mode for transmission of enteric pathogens in recreational water outbreaks
Yuck! 23_28_108.gif

Sorry once again that I started this thread. My intention was only to find out the rule. I will follow the rule as I have stated. The only reason I continue speaking about it is because people are slamming me for simply asking. This has gotten me very defensive. I could reply to alot of these posts with good arguments, but does it really matter? My kid isn't allowed in so he won't go in.

Someone mentioned a kiddie pool. Does the Mariner of the Seas have a kiddie pool? Anyone?

My new quote..."Three things you should never discuss with friends, politics, religion, swim diapers"

Happy Cruising

I'm guessing you're right. With public pools there's always an increased risk at contamination. With that in mind...

Would you really want to risk your kid's health by exposing them to a public pool?[/QUOTE]

Okay, so now not only did I get an answer, but I've read enough about public pools to not want me or my family to go in at all. I guess too much info can be bad ;)

I don't think you're [i]personally[/i] getting slammed. I think it is an old topic that has been discussed ad nauseum (pun intended) on these boards and some people (me, for instance) feel the need to answer the questions honestly and with an explanation. I quoted the CDC because of their expertise on the subject. Sometimes people post things without really knowing if it's correct.

[quote name='frayedend']
You absolutely can bring your child in the pool with Swim Diapers (Huggies little swimmers, as someone else stated). These keep poop in very well.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Sorry once again that I started this thread. My intention was only to find out the rule. I will follow the rule as I have stated. The only reason I continue speaking about it is because people are slamming me for simply asking. This has gotten me very defensive. I could reply to alot of these posts with good arguments, but does it really matter? My kid isn't allowed in so he won't go in. [/QUOTE]

Isn't this your post from an earlier thread today?

[QUOTE]You absolutely can bring your child in the pool with Swim Diapers (Huggies little swimmers, as someone else stated). These keep poop in very well. Not to mention, my 6 month old never once pooped while in the pool. Also, you know the face, if you see it, take your kid out and change him. Not much chance of poop in the pool. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]As for pee in the pool...I bet those teens are peeing like crazy in there. Also, Pee is sterile unless the child has a urinary tract infection. And if they do they won't be in the mood for swimming. Chlorine quickly neutralizes the chemicals in urine and the ship keeps the chlorine level adequate. Noone will get sick from pee in the pool and as I said I bet lots of older kids already peed, probably some adults too. So bring your child and try to have a good time. You will know your childs schedule, just try to work around it and you'll have a good time. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Yes I think that is mine. I had previously read that it was okay, and we did bring our son in the pool on Disney. There were no rules against it when we went. I don't know if Disney has changed since then (3 years ago). Anyhow, when I read further it became unclear to me and that is why I started this thread.

I stand behind my statements about pee in the pool. One poster said that even salt water is chlorinated. I don't know if that is true or not. Either way I know kids will be peeing in the pool. I don't think that should truly worry anyone, though it is sure to gross you out.

[quote name='frayedend']Sorry once again that I started this thread. My intention was only to find out the rule. I will follow the rule as I have stated. The only reason I continue speaking about it is because people are slamming me for simply asking. This has gotten me very defensive. I could reply to alot of these posts with good arguments, but does it really matter? My kid isn't allowed in so he won't go in.

Someone mentioned a kiddie pool. Does the Mariner of the Seas have a kiddie pool? Anyone?

My new quote..."Three things you should never discuss with friends, politics, religion, swim diapers"

Happy Cruising[/QUOTE]
I don´t think you have to appologize for asking the question. You got the answer that it´s not allowed and you clearly said that you´ll follow the rules. This is something I really appreciate as there are many people out there that would bring their kids in the pool whatever the rules state.
I´m not against kids but I´m glad RCCL won´t allow them with diapers in the pool and that his is a rule that´s enforced.

However I think your question has been answered and you made clear you´ll follow the rules, so why are people getting so mad about this?

I am so sick of the jerks that put their un toilet trained diaper wearing kids in the pool. These people have no consideration for anyone. Perhaps they would not mind if they used some of my used toilet paper as their dinner napkins......what do you think??? As you can tell im really pissedoff about this topic....No pune intended

to answer your other questions.... children must be six or older to climb the wall (under 18, parents sign a waiver)

and there is a section of one of the main pools that is shallower and set aside for young ones. same rules concerning training apply.

sly

Archived