Shuttle Question from LAX

SHIPSAWAY

We will need a shuttle once we arrive at LAX. Should we book roundtrip shuttle? We are going in a day early. Do most people just book one way shutttle? Is there lots of shuttles waiting on disembark day or do you need a reservation? Our flight does not leave LAX until 2:15, so we will have plenty of time. It looks like the cheapest fare I can find is 39.00 on Super Shuttle.

Thanks

Hi Cool Cruiser,

I live in Orange County, by Disneyland, so I'm pretty familiar with the area, even LAX. I'm going to guess you are leaving from San Pedro? It's about a 40-ish minute drive from LAX, depending on traffic.

The down side with Super Shuttle is that they make as many stops as necessary to fill their vans or to drop everyone off. If you were quoted $39 per person, depending on how many people you have, it may be cheaper to just have a car service pick you up from LAX and drive you to the port. That way you are not making a bunch of stops.

The return trip is the tricky part. Because you don't know when you are getting off the ship, you may or may not have a lot of time to kill. One idea is to head over to The Pike in Long Beach...about 10- 15 minutes away. Spend a few hours there, then again, have your car service pick you up from there. I hope this helps. Michael

We used Prime Time 2 weeks ago from LAX to Long Beach and then again back to LAX a week later. They are really easy to use. They took us to our hotel the night before and then the hotel shuttle took us to the port. We did not make any reservations. Just follow their instructions on their web site and you will not have any problems. We landed LAX at 4:45PM (Sat) and was at our hotel in Long Beach at 6:00PM.....From the ship, we departed the port at 8:30AM and was at LAX around 9:00AM (Sunday) If had to over again, still would not bother to make a reservation. They are everywhere.....Hopes this helps

Archived