Coz Excursion Help (Carnival)

injunjoe

Greetings all....Has anyone here taken the "Sub-Ocean View" excursion offered by Carnival? My wife is a little challenged physically. She is not wheelchair bound but she does have trouble getting around. They also offer the Atlantis Submarine excursion but I see that requires climbing/descending a 7-step ladder which would not work out. I would lover for her to be able to experience the marine life in the area and am struggling to find an excursion that is not too physically draining. Would this excursion be suitable for her? Any and ALL comments, suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Thanks
Joe

I haven't done that trip in Cozumel, but I have done it in Roatan and the boats are the same. It is a smaller ladder and if she is physically challenged then she may have problems with it.

Here are some ideas that may be worthwhile.

1) Rent a car and drive the road all around the island. It is a nice drive, especially on the back side of the island which is basically uninhabited. It is very peaceful and relaxing.

2) Try the punta sur tour near the old lighthouse. The tour takes you in a truck down some trails to look at the lagoon and wildlife in the lagoon. It is a flatbed truck that has been modified with benches in the back and there are about 3 steps up to get into the truck. They also take you out on a pontoon boat into the lagoon where you can see different birds, fish, and crocodiles.

3) Cozmel museum which is on the main road across from the beach just north of town.

How about a lovely carriage ride in the downtown area? That might be very romantic. I am also planning on checking the local architecture in the area, perhaps visiting any local churches that might represent a more local feel. The car rental idea would be good & allow you to pick & choose what spots might be best. I understand that there is a place called "Palmar Country Club" which I think has a swimming pool that she might enjoy. I think you can find a coupon for it perhaps at the Cozumel Insider website.

I just took the Catamaran Sail, Snorkel, Beach Party excursion and there was a girl in a wheelchair that went along. The crew helped put her in the water and also helped get her back out. I believe they stayed on the boat during the beach part because the wheelchair wouldn't go though the sand. I would think that there would be people more than willing to help if you needed it. Anyway, just wanted to share that info...best of luck to you guys and enjoy your trip!

Archived