Uxmal tour suggestions from Progresso on Fantasy

Babie

We'll be in Progresso on my birthday (I'm doing the Fantasy B2B2B leaving on the 14th)

We're scheduled to arrive at 7am and leave at 4pm. M dream was to go to Chichen Itza, but since you can no longer climb El Castillo, I see no point. Plus the distance.

Carnival offers Chichen Itza, but again, the distance and no climbing discourages me.

Does anyone know of a private company, a taxi service or even a guide that could get me to Uxmal? (or even an inexpensive car rental) I leave about 8am tomorrow, so please hurry with suggestions.

Thanx a ton!

There's a thread on the Progresso board that may help you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=639098&page=2

Some of the posters are recommending AutoProgresso. You can find them inside the the cruise terminal. I suggest getting off the ship and making arrangements with them as soon as you can -- they told us there was not enough time to visit Uxmal during our 8 hour port stop last year. So we opted for the Dzitchulban ruins instead, which were closer but much smaller. We did use AutoProgresso for that tour, and the bus and tour guide were great.

Why wouldn't you use the ship's excursion to Uxmal? In early December while on the Holiday the excursion to Uxmal was excellent. It wasn't offered online, but you can go directly to the shore excursion desk after boarding and sign up.

Archived