Captain's Club Status considered for upgrade?

MaduroJim

I've seen a few threads disparaging the Captain's Club compared to RCCL's program - and I do agree. A lot of the benefits don't help us based on the way we cruise (category, etc.).

What we would like to find out (and it's not in the fine print anywhere) is if CC status is considered when they process category "guarantees".

We're trying to figure out if we should continue to go for the higher status with Celebrity - it could be worth it if we knew that we'd improve our odds for getting an upgrade when we do a guarantee.

I know with the airline and hotel programs I'm part of, the higher levels get a better shot at upgrades, etc.

Does anyone know?

I've seen a few threads disparaging the Captain's Club compared to RCCL's program - and I do agree. A lot of the benefits don't help us based on the way we cruise (category, etc.).

What we would like to find out (and it's not in the fine print anywhere) is if CC status is considered when they process category "guarantees".

We're trying to figure out if we should continue to go for the higher status with Celebrity - it could be worth it if we knew that we'd improve our odds for getting an upgrade when we do a guarantee.

I know with the airline and hotel programs I'm part of, the higher levels get a better shot at upgrades, etc.

Does anyone know?

Hi MaduroJim !

While I am not certain there is any hard data to answer your question, I think it is fairly safe to say (based on past experiences, and postings of others), that Captains Club Level has little to no factor regarding GTY upgrade potential.

Perhaps others have been luckier than I have, and you may get a different response from other posters. I wish I had better news for you. Good luck !

Andy's correct. There are thousands of folks who have reached Elite status, so in reality, while they should certainly upgrade their perks, it really isn't going to help you with an upgrade cabin. If Elite status counted for an upgrade, I would think they would start with the folks who have cruised the most with Celebrity, and there are quite a few who have cruised with them 40, 50, even more than 100 times!

Does anyone know?

My experiences on both Celebrity and Princess are that the number of cruises has nothing to do with getting an upgrade. I agree that it does not seem fair but that is how it seems to be.

Most on this board, agree that the Celebrity past passenger program is of little value when compared to the rest of the industry. I have never had an upgrade on Celebrity but about half the times have been given upgrades on Princess. I am sure that I have been lucky but Princess is a lot more generous with free upgrades than Celebrity. Now if you were a large TA or had family working for Celebrity then your chances for an upgrade would improve dramatically.

Being Elite in CC means nothing as far as I am concerned....We were also loyal X cruisers until we booked our first cruise with RCC....Elite on X gets you Diamond on RC and also $'s off your cabin, plus many other perks..

We have jumped ship and have gone ove to RC and have been very happy with them:) ...

Don't think X cares that much about loyal customers,,,they are too busy trying to woo new ones:o ...

Archived